Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Are you working in a dealers?

I spoke to them this morning and was told that Hyundai Europe had been in touch with them.

Maybe they took to many orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Yea maybe it is the particular dealer you were booked with. Maybe have a call around other Hyundai dealers and see what stock they're expecting?

Rang two others today and they are also not taking orders. One said they hope to have more information next week.

It's a strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

have you driven 400km and achieved it or is that just where the GOM is at? Just curious, i have noticed in the last few weeks the range on our etron has increased as well with the warmer weather, unfortunately id be lucky to see 300km 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I achieved over 300 on the 58kw a few days ago, did 303 and plugged in with 24km range on the GOM, I was 22 km from home when I plugged in but didn't want to chance running it that low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

Any news on Ionity charging discounts part of Hyundai-Ioniq deals ? Seems ESB hike and Ionity discount should be close call....Someone mentioned May-June, hence putting it out there

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

New to the thread sorry.

what dealer is offering the best finance on an Ioniq 5 entry level in Ireland at the moment? Or do you just go straight to Hyundai ?

I actually live up north but have address on both sides of the border (partner from there) and work in Dublin

to me it looks like grant given is better in Ireland? Tried looking for Ni dealers with Ioniq 5s but can’t find any in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

There is a difference between not taking orders and cancelling/ returning deposits. It has been well known for some weeks that dealers were not taking any more orders for 2022 spec cars. This is due to component and Covid problems.

It is also well known that April/May deliveries have a delay of 2 months or so and a very few dealers have any surplus stock- of maybe be a couple of cars from an unsold allocation or customer cancellation.

Orders for 2023 models are meant to open in July. At present Irish dealers have not been given allocations as far as I know and Hyundai Ireland may not yet know the number of cars and the model breakdown for 2023. The USA distributor has only just received its model breakdown but only in percentage terms, no numeric breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I was talking to a dealer yesterday and they said that Hyundai can only make half of what's ordered and they don't know what half they can make. Dealers are supposed to find out in a few weeks what half will be made, then they need to figure out who gets a car and who gets cancelled.

Definitely not taking any new orders, can't remember if it's no new orders till the new year or no more cars till the new year.

The answer, as far as is known, is in the post above yours😉

• Advertisement

There are a few reports from the USA and Europe of I5s indicating electrical faults which refer back to faulty main batteries. Distances covered by the cars vary but a number of reports say the main batteries need replacing.

Any hearsay about cargo ships en route to Cork with a fresh batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭D_D

Where did you hear this? I would hope this is true 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

Try the Eukor website, and search for ships coming into Cork. I know that in march or early April they had a ship come from Korea, a car transporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭shanec1928

May deliveries were initially delayed to June and are now atleast July.

Can I ask where you got this info from?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

Ioniq 5 Ireland Facebook group and UK forums. Kildare dealer sometimes posts with delivery and stock details.

Looks like Premium and Plus models could now be delayed until October.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭shanec1928

dealership, family member who works there is keeping me updated with any news while we wait for our ioniq.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Does anybody know how to fix the bluelink app.It stop working on 29 of April and won't update it stop communicating with the ioniq 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 buachaill maith

58kwh showing 10% more range than wltp figures,driving like Miss Daisy and warm weather helps with range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭Genghis

Showed 419km (73kwh battery) at 100%. Here was the picture 18km later, at 95%.

Teal green spotted in the wild today.

If I need to reorder I'm definitely getting this colour now over Lucid Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭eagerv

Nice colour alright, but the camera (Phone?) distortion is not very flattering for the car..😁

I was standing close to the car and had to zoom out to 0.7 so it makes the photo have a bit of a fisheye look to it.

The colour is very impressive in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 D. G.

I am wondering does anyone have any update on when Hyundai will be taking orders again for the Ioniq 5? I called a few Hyundai dealers today but they do not really seem to know much at the moment. I hear that there is a 2023 model coming out soon but ideally I would like to try and get an order in before that is released as I do not really fancy paying 2-3 k extra than what I am already paying. I know it is unlikely but maybe someone might have some more information?

No further orders for the 2022 model are being taken though you may pick up a cancellation. The last information re the 2023 model is that orders will be taken from July for delivery from November. That’s the plan but don’t bank on either date, especially November

• Registered Users Posts: 8 D. G.

OK, thanks for your reply! I suppose the only thing I can do now is wait for orders to open for the 2023 model and hope that there is not too much of a price increase

I was posting the picture as people were commenting on 400km plus range in Summer. For what it is worth, I find the predicted range far more accurate on the Ioniq 5 than it is on our other car, a 30Kwh Leaf. Speaking as someone who continually analyses this stuff ;)

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if you can enable an Executive Plus spec for V2L? Very little info on the web, can see its Premium Plus only 'as standard' but I was wondering if there is a way to add it to an Executive Plus. I am more interested in the 'V2L Outside' than the cabin socket for appliances, etc. My use case is slow charging a second EV during peak (daytime) hours.

Advertisement