Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭WicklowTiger

Thanks but are you sure about that? From the Hyundai website it looks like the service options are at 24, 48, 72 months and so on. I selected 2024 and the model Ioniq 5 NE 5 Door Wagon RWD EV 160 KW (only option other than AWD)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It's a which ever comes first scenario. Mileage or date, date or mileage.

Yes I understand that. My question is which is the correct interval - 15,000km / 1 year (as indicated on the sticker on my windscreen) or 30,000km / 2 years (as per Hyundai Ireland website, see screenshot above.)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

The Service Interval for the MY23 Ioniq5 in Ireland (Can't speak for other variants) as confirmed to me by Hyundai Ireland when I queried it is... 2 Years or 30,000KMs (whichever comes first). You also should bring it in to get its Free Annual Health Check each year for the first 5 years of the vehicles life from when its bought new. Many dealers were / are either accidently (or intentionally in order to make more money) just telling customers the service interval is the same as what people would typically be used to with a Petrol / Diesel Car. Also shop around when that 2 year / 30,000KMs service is due as part of the presales advertising by Hyundai is that one advantage of their electric cars is quote "Electric vehicles cost less to maintain because they don’t need an oil tank, a transmission system or a catalytic converter – which means lower maintenance costs and no more oil changes" so the servicing charges some people have been quoted do not tie into that pre sales advertising etc.. Eg Some dealers trying it on.. Hope you are enjoying your car - all the best.

Thanks. I'll check with Hyundai Ireland. The next service date was set to 15,000 in the infotainment system, presumably by the dealer also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭denismc

You can actually change the service schedule yourself or even turn it off if it annoys you, I usually take the car in every 30K for the warranty, as I understand it the 15k service is an "inspection" and doesn't impact warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CivilEx

In your experience, what do Hyundai charge for the 15k inspections?

I have never done the 15k inspections.

I do 30k km a year, There's no way I'm going to pay a dealer twice a year just to kick my tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭custom_build

Had it done in Kingstown Motors in Stillorgan, just before Christmas and it was complimentary.

I think you have cleared up the confusion in my head here - the service interval is 30,000km which the customer pays for, but there is a 15,000km vehicle inspection, which is complimentary/ free of charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,507 ✭✭✭obi604

I’ve been watching a few Ioniq 5’s on donedeal etc.

still up there……. And since November, not a stir in price either, strange.

Do dealers just like to have cars sit there for months on end. Surely does not make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How much are you actually looking to spend? You might have to go with a different brand.

You might be better getting an ID4 then because I don't see a dealer dropping €5K+ unless Hyundai drop the purchase price for new cars.

The 58KW are around 30K now aren't they.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Yep - that's why I contacted Hyundai Ireland to verify the actual service interval (which is different to the free annual 'health check' each year for the first 5 years of the vehicles life). Dealer had set mine to 15,000 KMs or 1 year which conflicted with the information in the owners manual so I reached out to Hyundai Ireland & got that 2 year / 30,000KMs whichever comes first verification etc..

You know me better than I know myself 😂😂😂

id love the bigger battery, but the price of them is just a bit too high. Even the price of the smaller battery is high

like a 77 ID4 can be got for under 30k.

but trying to get an Ioniq 5 smaller 52 battery for under 30 is very rare bar 2 or 3 cases.

Post edited by obi604 on

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Genuine Q - what spec are you looking for. I’ve a 221 58kw premium in Cyber Grey that I need to sell as I’ve decided to pick up a Model Y while they’re on 0% finance. The garage I bought from can’t take it back as they’ve no room so I now have to sell it through the likes of Autobuy etc. Fully serviced (45km health check just done). I know roughly what I’ll get from Autobuy so could definitely hit your under 30k price point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Drop me a DM and we could chat there. Mines an original Premium spec with the pop out handles etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JohnRi

Hi all. I have recently gotten a new Ionic 5 77kwh about 3 weeks ago. I have taken lots of useful information from this boards topic and would like to say many thanks for anyone who has contributed with their advice and answer to any questions others have posted in this thread or other EV related threads which I have browsed in recent months. A lot of my own questions have generally been posted by someone else and helpfully answered previously.

With regard to the above question posted by OLD Diesal, I have not seen the real time range efficiency of the ioniq 5 discussed by others in the thread (apologies if this is the case).

I am wondering if other Ioniq 5 owners with experience of more time and driving would be happy to estimate and post the typical efficiency they see with their car? Currently I mean, this time of year conditions etc so I can somewhat compare with my own?

Such as perhaps a general total range on a 100% charge (or an 80% charge whatever it is you do regularly)?

Or even a Km/KWH that is an average? The blue link app is telling me from 12/01/2024 to 10/02/2024 my average consumption is 20.53kWh/100km.

I understand this is highly variable on lots of factors (battery temperature/ tyres, air conditioning/other features which drain the batter/ speeds etc-- again thanks to the forum for this information). As someone who had recently purchased, I wonder how is one to know if current efficiency is that what would be expected with the current conditions and style of driving VS something actually being wrong with the car and need to question Hyundai and the dealer about the efficiency?

Many thanks for any information shared on this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭eagerv

I think the missus is averaging around 160Wh/km over 31K in her base Executive. She can do Dublin airport using about 42% of battery, 152km. But cannot see 300km as being realistic if much motorways.

I have used the car on a regular route on 100 and 80 kmh roads and have got as low as 120Wh/km driving carefully but not slowly. It can be a very efficient car but hers has no heat pump so efficiency will suffer when low temperatures.

Overall I would guess it’s about 20-25% less efficient than my Model 3 RWD. Not bad for a big blocky car.

A lot of new EV owners often think there is something wrong with their new car when the efficiency numbers don't match the WLTP.

20kWh/100 km wouldn't be unusual at this time of year.

My 58kW Exec is giving me about 16kWh/100km but I have a 45 km commute on national roads. The efficiency drops big time if I do a lot of stop/start driving, or if I am doing motorway runs.

Once temperatures go above 10 degrees consistently your numbers should improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

That's absolutely fine for consumption figures this time of year. I'm getting about the same in a cupra born these days which has an average of 15.7kwh per 100kms over 30000kms in 18 months. In the Etron it's up around 30 since I bought it in january, but that's 400bhp and heavy, a thirsty beast relatively speaking.

I'm in an Ioniq 6 which has the same 77kWh battery and is built on the same platform as the Ioniq 5 albeit the I6 is a different shape.

The real world range for me during the recent colder weather has been about 400km - 100% to 0% in theory (18.75kWh/100km) if there is a lot of motorway driving and about 450km (16.9kWh/100km) if I'm on mainly national / local roads. I always precondition to the fast DC chargers on longer trips, a warm battery will give you better efficiency and a much faster charge.

I find that driving in continuous heavy rain and very wet roads hits the efficiency hard, even at slower speeds. I always set the heating to 22 degrees on auto 1, use the demister and the heated seats if I want. I'd rather have lower efficiency than be driving in a cold car :) I keep regen at L3, not sold on ipedal (L4) yet. I rarely drive in sport or eco mode, staying in the middle of the options.

Blue link has recorded my average consumption at 17.3kWh/100km for the last month (I did 3000km), so the 20.5kWh/100km you mention looks reasonable assuming mixed driving speeds. Check your tyre pressures are correct - I'm not sure what they should be for the I5, maybe 38 psi?

As with all EVs, the efficiency will improve as the temperature/ weather gets better.

Enjoy the car!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I keep regen at L3, not sold on ipedal (L4) yet.

I pretty much only ever use Auto (rural) or iPedal (urban) modes. It's one of the things that niggles me about the Ioniq 5: the fact that it won't stay in iPedal mode if you shift to reverse or turn off the car. I would really rather it stayed in whatever mode I put it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It's because the official fuel efficiency is done on L3 the car has to default to that. It's annoying when you forget to go back to ipedal after doing a reverse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

Posted this to the other thread but might be interest to some here.

2023 Ioniq 5 Executive 58kWh

Dislikes:

-       Lights – Got flashed a lot. Have had to turn the height selector wheel down to the 2 setting. I guess it is the LED lights people don’t like. Auto dimming is slow to react and sometimes just switches on full beams when behind a car. I drive on dipped lights permanently now.

-       Door Handles. Impossible to find in the dark and feel like they have been designed for left handed people.

-       Navigation – In-built mapping is poor compared to Google maps. Will ignore a large town and show an obscure townland beside it. Hard to find places when searching.

-       Seat belts. They rattle like crazy. Have had to stick loads of foam padding on front seats and rear door pillars to stop them banging against hard plastic.

-       Usuals. Rear wiper would be nice and the lane keep assist doesn't work with country roads too well

-       Dislikes are relatively minor. Nice car, very happy with it. V2G feature was handy during recent power cut.

Advertisement