Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rearing calves

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Wouldn't let them in the gate here again,they are alot more expensive than aa or he calves and alot harder finished

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

I have a bit of a gra for BBx cattle, in that I think they thrive well on my land, would often buy BBx stores and they seem to do well with me but there wouldn't be a big demand for them in the local mart . I have reared a few from calves as well, they do ok, they can be a bit soft and require a little bit more attention when they are younger than others. The better the BB are bred the more they dislike concrete, in that they can be very soft on their feet. Its true I have never seen any of them grade a 4, but from dairy cows I have never seen any of them grade an O either. Generally an R-2+ to a R+ 3= seems to be what I can get them into handy enough and they have a bigger frame to carry more weight than an AAx or Hex

Advertisement