Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

I think Smith was very unlucky too but the release was nearly a bit too subtle. Sometimes you have to be very obvious, like how Prendergast does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,175 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Carty WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

now I understand why they are kicking pens to the corner

Horrific strike

That might be in Carty's top 3 worst misses ever

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Shocking penalty miss from Carty. Should be able to backheel that over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭testtech05

ANd then he goes and does that just when I was saying he was doing well.... Shocking miss. Worth letting Forde or Hawkshaw kick the goals surely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Forde goalkicking seems like such a no brainer, could be a point of difference for him at international level too.

Prendergast. Proper fight

Making a mess of the rucks

Prendergast is the only backrow in the match this week

Smith is trying so hard and doing a lot of good work but was a good chance of a break there it seemed and looked like an easy enough catvh

• Advertisement

Playing really well. Shamus has had some good moments too. The back row with Boyle has a nice balance to it I think

Big penalty from SHL there. Need to really step up the performance in the last 20 after solid defending this half.

He has so much upside but his core skills are a bit lacking, if he can improve them he could be an international.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AccidentallyOnside

Missed touch

Gimme kick missed

Out on the full

Bad day with the boot for Jack

Awful from Reilly

AH Colm what were ya thinking there. We seem to have lost our way completely since the missed kick. Treviso not exactly flying either this game is there to be won

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Jennings is a class act, we should really be using him more.

He has been showing that since last season.

Obviously we don't know what happens, but I don't know what more he could do with the few minutes he does get. The sort of player that makes things happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

The pack did their best there to make that conversion lockable.

very clever pick and drive from Prendergast

Deserved it

Despite the forward pass

• Advertisement

Cmon ta **** lads. Please hold on

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Comment deleted.

Mcjxyxyxucicovo, sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,175 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Ouch. Poor D there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Shehal

Tbh its justice Benetton got that score, Connacht have been a disgrace for most of this game. They get let off the hook with that missed DG and within 1 minute give Benetton another opportunity to win the game.

These lads have zero ability to close out games.

Defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. In truth bar a 20 min spell before half time we are poor.

After defending pretty well most of the game the score seemed to come quite easily for them at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well they were no worse than the team we normally start. Maybe a couple of more games would improve them. At this stage we have nothing to gain from the season only look to develop some younger players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Can't defend, can't attack, can't kick reliably, no leadership. No obvious game plan. Going backwards fast unfortunately.

Only caught the second half but what I saw was plenty of industry and physicality, but very little quality or smarts. Was an exciting game in its own way but you'd be hard pushed finding two attacks as unsophisticated at this level.

Never want to advocate for anyone to lose their job but perhaps we'd be a better served with Sexton as skills coach and some new ideas for the attack. If I have to watch centres taking two metre flat passes off ten at a standstill and getting stuffed for another season I will have an aneurysm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Made some balls of that. Story of the season.

Lost the Leinster home game and Benetton away to last gasp tries. Not to mention blowing the draw at Edinburgh at the death as well.

Advertisement