Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - No VAT on certain items under €22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭petejmk

Shlippery wrote: »
    hbpnjlE.png

My guinea pig item from the OP (utility knife) still in motion, this is prime eligible... :( - but saw it's coming from seller 'Bilbury' so maybe it would be cleaner if sold directly from Amazon.

Just for comparison, I jhad an order reach the "initiated customs clearance process" stage two minutes after yours at Rochester and it hasn't moved. Seems completely hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

[img]My guinea pig item from the OP (utility knife) still in motion, this is prime eligible... :( - but saw it's coming from seller 'Bilbury' so maybe it would be cleaner if sold directly from Amazon.[/img]

Guinea pig item? You'll be thanking that knife after you've performed an emergency appendectomy! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭corkie

flytherain wrote: »

Detailed Seller Information

Business Name:Shenzhenshioulemeimaoyiyouxiangongsi
    Business Type:Privately-owned business
    Trade Register Number:91440300MA5FQA7K7A
    VAT Number:GB347202225
    Business Address:
    nankechuangyuangu 3dong204
    Longhuaqu dalangjiedao gaofengshequ
    Shenzhen
    Guangdong
    CN

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Item i ordered that came through Dublin sorting office is still sitting there. Stuff I ordered about 4 days later came through Kilmallock sorting office in Limerick and I have already received them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭VG31

petejmk wrote: »
    Just for comparison, I jhad an order reach the "initiated customs clearance process" stage two minutes after yours at Rochester and it hasn't moved. Seems completely hit and miss.

I had my first post-Brexit order arrive today. I ordered it last Saturday and it was due tomorrow. It was dispatched on Sunday and there were no tracking updates between it clearing customs and arriving in Dublin.
    Friday, 8 January
    1:32 PM
    Delivered
    Dublin, IE
    7:06 AM
    Out for delivery
    Dublin, IE
    2:09 AM
    Package arrived at the final delivery station
    Dublin, IE

Sunday, 3 January
    3:38 PM
    Completed customs clearance process
    SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, Essex
    Package has shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

My guinea pig item from the OP (utility knife) still in motion, this is prime eligible... :( - but saw it's coming from seller 'Bilbury' so maybe it would be cleaner if sold directly from Amazon.
    I have orders from over a week ago that were in stock, Prime eligible and sold direct from Amazon that still haven't even got to the customs step in the UK. Get to the back of the line! :P

My items were sold by Amazon directly and didn't have a customs stop in the tracking. I presume that Revenue knows that Amazon will go by the book and don't need lots of checks.

There was no customs declaration with the package, but again I'd expect that Amazon is providing this electronically to customs.

I did have another order that was from just before the new year, and due for delivery next week from, I think a Chinese seller, that Amazon suddenly cancelled and issued a refund automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Delivery times really are too much now. Ordered Monday gone. Last updated I have is completed customs in the UK and nothing since.

It just blows my mind we were getting things next day or 2 days max if sold by amazon. I got to used how good it was and now its gone !:mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Flossy15 wrote: »
    Hi, sorry to hijack thread but does anyone know if dog joint supplements are subject to VAT? I was getting these monthly from amazon.co.uk but now they are no longer available unless I use addresspal, they cost approximately €65 including shipping and don’t want to be hit with any extra costs, thanks!

I get those too (yumove), although I have enough to keep me going for a month I did check if they are available on .de and they are (plus similar and cheaper German made products) - haven't done a price comparison yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Capture.PNG

At this stage this is surly false advertising?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

An item I wanted dispatched by Amazon has now been over 2 weeks and still no sign (prime).

I actually needed a second one, and managed to get it from China in 5 days!

Capture.PNG

If the speeds aren't back to usual in a month's time I would agree. However, there have been such spouts in the past (even quite recently) of there been a few weeks of serious slowdowns before it went back to normal. As someone else mentioned, even German users often have such spouts on Amazon.de. It wasn't clear if there would be a trade deal and what it would be until very late so I'm giving both Amazon and postal services the benefit of the doubt as to why they are not set up to adjust and be as fast as usual from the get go.

I'm quite happy having the compromise of 20% off <€22 items until the summer if there is this temporary slowdown. That is, of course, assuming it is indeed temporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭VG31

Capture.PNG

They don't specify a timeframe there. It just says "fast" which is subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Varik wrote: »
    My last order, placed on the 2nd, shipped today (7th), and an expected delivery date of 18th. Price on ordering was £131.37 in total and now it's £127.23

Order Summary
    Item(s) Subtotal:£88.87
    Postage & Packing:£4.96
    Total Before VAT:£93.83
    VAT:£19.70
    Total:£113.53
    Promotion Applied:-£6.00
    Import Fees Deposit£19.70
    Grand Total:£127.23

Price change isn't the item as I bought the last and it's price shot up, and the breakdown is more expansive. I think VAT and Import fees were shown together and not 100% as it's under the €150 and the tariff should probably be 0% in any case so I might get that deposit back. Origin is Italian company with manufacture in Romania. Price was good in either case but cheaper is always better.

Didn't notice earlier but this shipped from a German warehouse. So English company selling a Italian product manufactured in Romania and shipped from Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Capture.PNG

You should call them and demand to speak to their manager!

Varik wrote: »
    Didn't notice earlier but this shipped from a German warehouse. So English company selling a Italian product manufactured in Romania and shipped from Germany.

Wait until I tell you about little website called Ebay. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

My delivery came today, delivered by Amazon. Value £22.50 so over €22. No customs declaration on the package, no charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭corkie

Caranica wrote: »
    My delivery came today, delivered by Amazon. Value £22.50 so over €22. No customs declaration on the package, no charges.

Do you have any tracking on the item, probably shipped from EU Fulfillment center, so avoided UK-EU checks?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

scottigael wrote: »
    Ireland should really have some bilateral agreement with the UK that deals with all this stuff we're so much more affected than the rest of the EU from Brexit.

Wait until you hear about the amazing agreement Ireland had with the UK up to 11pm on New Years Eve!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

My motto for 2021 - forget about online shopping and save a few bucks. If i had back every euro I p1ssed away on crap over the years I could probably retire 10 years early. Too many times I've been one of those people on here falling over themselves to grab a deal on something they don't really need. BREXIT is going to help save me.

That being said, the old XXL Air Fryer ain't bad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

corkie wrote: »
    Do you have any tracking on the item, probably shipped from EU Fulfillment center, so avoided UK-EU checks?

Came from the UK, shipped 03 January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Came from the UK, shipped 03 January.

They generally don't sweat on stuff a euro or two over the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

any item up to 23.94 is included in the under 22 euro deal. i.e. (£23.94-20% VAT = £19.95). Revenue’s rules mean that €22 Euro is treated as £19.95 GBP for all of January 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

clevtrev wrote: »
    any item up to 23.94 is included in the under 22 euro deal. i.e. (£23.94-20% VAT = £19.95). Revenue’s rules mean that €22 Euro is treated as £19.95 GBP for all of January 2021

Plus..."Import VAT under €6 is not currently collected by Revenue in Ireland. So this in effect means that UK orders to Ireland under roughly €28 will be free of import VAT until July 2021". (https://www.moneyguideireland.com/vat-and-online-shopping-in-the-uk-after-brexit.html) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,902 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Not during a transitional period.

I post parcels via An Posts overnight delivery system yet some are taking 1 to 2 weeks to get from one part of ireland to another. An Post says that there is a pandemic & we have to live with the delay

My items were sold by Amazon directly and didn't have a customs stop in the tracking. I presume that Revenue knows that Amazon will go by the book and don't need lots of checks.

There was no customs declaration with the package, but again I'd expect that Amazon is providing this electronically to customs.

I did have another order that was from just before the new year, and due for delivery next week from, I think a Chinese seller, that Amazon suddenly cancelled and issued a refund automatically.

I returned a few items in the last few days and An Post told me they didn't need the invoices that Amazon attached to the return label.

There must be a grace period we're not aware of.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    My motto for 2021 - forget about online shopping and save a few bucks. If i had back every euro I p1ssed away on crap over the years I could probably retire 10 years early. Too many times I've been one of those people on here falling over themselves to grab a deal on something they don't really need. BREXIT is going to help save me.

That being said, the old XXL Air Fryer ain't bad...

I say that too but I don't think I've ever bought something that didn't come in handy at some point, even if it was a few years after I bought it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Not during a transitional period.

I post parcels via An Posts overnight delivery system yet some are taking 1 to 2 weeks to get from one part of ireland to another. An Post says that there is a pandemic & we have to live with the delay

Just got a bunch of Christmas cards today. Good old an post and their customer focus!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

purchased something on amazon before xmas for £11 now it's 11+17 shipping fees :eek:
    I rejoined prime and now free but £17 for a small item....

on top of that a lot of stuff in my basket is due at the end of jan/feb where normally it was a few days?
    I'm wondering if that's just a worst case scenario or accurate?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Diamond-Packaging-Small-Bubble-Wrap/dp/B07JLNW5M7/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=bubble+wrap+for+moving+house&qid=1610143356&sprefix=bubble+wra&sr=8-11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 johnmcdon

From Hotukxeals
    Belkin E-Series 6 Way/ 6 Plug SurgeStrip Surge Protected Extension Lead - 1 m Cable, White
    £6.84 for UK and £5.70 to Ireland
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0001GYNJM?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image&th=1&psc=1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement