Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It wouldn’t be a tribute to wrestling’s job guys if an American waving the red, white and blue wasn’t THE man!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Weird. Someone called Mister Nice Guy just PM'd me to say it's my turn and to tell everyone messaging him to leave him in peace (may not be true).

I'll make my pick shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Surveying my pick. By gawd did WWECW have some boys. The whole alumni nearly fits the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Surveying my pick. By gawd did WWECW have some boys. The whole alumni nearly fits the bill.

You need an ex NFL star or else your missing out.

Ultimate boy material.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

If its not the Zombie i'll be bitterly disappointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Is Raven not ineligible for a tag team because he was NWA Champion in the TNA era?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Happy to get Shamrock on board, always thought the WWE could have brought him back in at some point as he was someone they could have done more with.

That Heenan/Bockwinkle pick from Joe is as always when it is made great value at this stage.

Now for a few rosters to get a bit more hardcore starting with Necro's Raven/Dreamer

Happy to get Shamrock on board, always thought the WWE could have brought him back in at some point as he was someone they could have done more with.

That Heenan/Bockwinkle pick from Joe is as always when it is made great value at this stage.

Now for a few rosters to get a bit more hardcore starting with Necro's Raven/Dreamer

Its plugging two holes, one hole only Heenan could fill.

Bockwinkel is just a perfect bonus. A top star of his time, a trail blazer who Ive always wanted to book (but MNG usually beats me to him.)

Raven is a great guy, I would love a go at booking him. Never thought of the right story for him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

NITRO95 wrote:
    Is Raven not ineligible for a tag team because he was NWA Champion in the TNA era?

Fairly sure the normal rule was NWA champs in TNA weren't included under the world title rule, but if it's a major issue I'm happy enough to just take Raven by himself.

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    Fairly sure the normal rule was NWA champs in TNA weren't included under the world title rule, but if it's a major issue I'm happy enough to just take Raven by himself.

Oh maybe I misread the rules

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote:
    Raven is a great guy, I would love a go at booking him. Never thought of the right story for him.

I've an idea in mind for this year that he fits the role perfectly for. Dreamer is a bonus to add a bit of depth but as I said if people don't think it should be a valid pick I'm happy to drop Dreamer and just take Raven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Nah it's fine, they're taken as a duo most years so the precedent is there.

Yeah id consider them fine too. Always drafted together and nothings changed for either of them title wise.

Yea I think I just misread the rules. My bad.

NITRO95 wrote:
    Yea I think I just misread the rules. My bad.

No worries, no issue with asking the question whatsoever to keep me honest :D

Round 10 order up, I'm going to crash shortly so in case there's another rush on picks again tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pick Made and PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 85,519 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I have to research up on Inoki :o but that is the fun of the draft ;)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I have to research up on Inoki :o but that is the fun of the draft ;)

Loved writing him in my debut draft.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote:
    Loved writing him in my debut draft.

I had him three years ago I think, he had an iron man match with Lou Thesz, one of the toughest but most enjoyable matches I've written in the draft from my own perspective anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Damn was hoping El Phantasmo might slip to me in the next round

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Any excuse to play one of the best themes in wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Damnit, I was purposely leaving Barry Windham until late because I thought he would be safe from drafting until the last few rounds. Under rated pick

Annoyed at myself now for taking 5 tag teams early. Can usually find a bargain or two once the tag world champ rule is lifted but cest la vie

Yeah Windham usually goes later but he is also usually well used on his rosters and with IRS as a bonus that's a decent pick

Pick made and pm sent. Really happy to pick up Storm & Awesome in round 9. Have a fun idea of something to do with them

I had absolutely no idea Mike Awesome was dead.

I had absolutely no idea Mike Awesome was dead.
    Yeah hes gone a good while.

A solid tough guy pick.

Also Rick Rude in round 9? Crazy talk

Yeah mad that Rude lasted this long, great value at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

My list got ransacked in the previous few picks with The Hart Dynasty and Lance Storm picks, so had to move on The Anvil now to fill a spot. Nice to pick up one half of Demolition with him.

Advertisement