Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage heaters

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭Treseemme.

The newer type metering setup I haven't seen any problems like this

If I recall the older setup used a separate timer, might have been more troublesome

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jackaroe

meercat wrote: »
    Hard to make photo out looks like it’s on 0 not constant

Yeah it was on 0 in that photo. I moved it to constant to see if it changed the light but it didn’t so moved it back. Here’s a pic with it at const

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭meercat

Jackaroe wrote: »
    Yeah it was on 0 in that photo. I moved it to constant to see if it changed the light but it didn’t so moved it back. Here’s a pic with it at const

Move it back to constant and leave it there for 15 minutes.
    Check wall thermostat is turned up also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭Treseemme.

Isn't the day dial irrelevant for NSH ?

Think it is , been a while since I seen them

Back in action anyway - a dodgy clock.
    Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Back in action anyway - a dodgy clock.
    Thanks all

When u say dodgy clock.. where ? Even my storage heater has stopped

When u say dodgy clock.. where ? Even my storage heater has stopped

There is a timer switch in our meter room that controls the day/night meters, wasn’t working properly so wasn’t switching over to night meter.

There is a timer switch in our meter room that controls the day/night meters, wasn’t working properly so wasn’t switching over to night meter.

Mine is electronics meter panel with digital display and has correct time..thanks

The clock causing the issue for us is the ESB clock, rather than clock on the heating system etc, not sure if that’s what you’re referring to. If you have access to take a meter reading you should be able to see if the night units change over a day or two - ours weren’t so was clear the night meter wasn’t kicking in and therefore the storage heaters weren’t coming on.

The clock causing the issue for us is the ESB clock, rather than clock on the heating system etc, not sure if that’s what you’re referring to. If you have access to take a meter reading you should be able to see if the night units change over a day or two - ours weren’t so was clear the night meter wasn’t kicking in and therefore the storage heaters weren’t coming on.

Night reading changes and my meter is electronic so clock/switch is within the box somewhere..thanks

• Advertisement

Night reading changes and my meter is electronic so clock/switch is within the box somewhere..thanks

Ah ok, hope you get It sorted so. They are a bit of a nuisance and seems to be tough to find someone who knows a whole lot about them these days! We were told replace them and when I spoke with my neighbour yesterday to let her know they should be fixed for the whole building she told me she was told the same by her electrician - only she did rip them all out!

Ah ok, hope you get It sorted so. They are a bit of a nuisance and seems to be tough to find someone who knows a whole lot about them these days! We were told replace them and when I spoke with my neighbour yesterday to let her know they should be fixed for the whole building she told me she was told the same by her electrician - only she did rip them all out!

These are not viable in terms of efficiency so most people get rid of them..luckily have openfire and oil filled rads so not a pressing issue

Advertisement