Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you make sense of the world?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The world doesnt make sense.

It's not supposed to make sense. It's just one big blugh. Completely pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

AllForIt wrote: »
    It's not supposed to make sense. It's just one big blugh. Completely pointless.

Awe, c'm'on, it's a lot worse than that, and you know it, don't just pretend. You make it sound neutral. It's a fecking disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You put your head in to the wind each morning and after that you take it as it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

We live in a world that is evermore complex. In the past, our worlds were confined to our towns and villages. People worked in jobs where the sum of their output could be easily interpreted; nobody had to ask someone what a butcher or a baker did, it was obvious. Nowadays you can ask someone what they do and they hardly can answer the question.

News media bombards us with information that before would have hardly featured to our grandparents.

How do we make sense of this complexity? Are there archetypes that we can latch onto to allow us simplify the seemingly complex world we live in?

How do we assist ourselves in ensuring that we are ahead of the curve and rather than merely let events happen to us, we have agency and a sense of perspective and context when events transpire.

I'm always amazed at how some people just seem so tuned in and on top of things- They have(or at least they would lead you to believe) that they have the answers for every big and little thing that life throws up. Brexit, Covid, Climate change, markets, home refurbishment, cultural trends, music, etc. these people always seem to have a phrase handy to give their two cents. They're passionate pro-private enterprise, have strong opinions on direct provision, all the while being epidemiologists on the side. Seems bizarre to me.

2021 is the year I want to feel like I have a handle on life and that I'm not just a passenger floating through it.

"Complexity" ?

Don't you see the extreme simplicity?

Outside of staying alive, your function is to deliver happiness to a woman.

END OF!.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,702 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

"Complexity" ?

Don't you see the extreme simplicity?

Outside of staying alive, your function is to deliver happiness to a woman.

END OF!.
    Lol and what if he is not a he but a she or if he is not into Women or vice versa?
    Of course if it is a Women and she likes Women then you are spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

By not being an easily manipulated plebian glued to the media. Jesus just turn off the TV. Problem solved.

Same could be said about social media.

Its a big time waster and in a lot of cases is toxic.

Advertisement