Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Bamford and Coufal in for DCL and Zouma here. So I still have 11 but with my last sub being Keane not playing I’m all out of subs if someone else fails to play. Shock horror :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Man city bubble compromised. The German's do this much more efficiently.

Probably, Walker and Foden whoring around over the Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Happy4all wrote: »
    Probably, Walker and Foden whoring around over the Christmas.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Chilwell clean sheet and assist please. Then sub him off at 60 to let Grealish get his hat trick :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Seems second WC is available now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Coufal in for KDB for me which means 541 formation with 3 defenders in one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

ShaneU wrote: »
    Chilwell clean sheet and assist please. Then sub him off at 60 to let Grealish get his hat trick :pac:
    Finally, something we can all agree on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Seems second WC is available now

Yea it was always due today,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

No City player and have DCL benched so cancellation makes me happy. For once not getting fcuked over by Covid19 so no sympathy whatsoever.

Martinez, Grealish and Chilwell up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I know he's my perennial third sub, hasn't played in about 10 weeks and his 2 points should feel like a bonus......but dammit Mitchell was so close to a clean sheet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

No Maddison, no Dias, no Zouma, down to 10 players and we're only on the second fixture of the GW :o

Need Grealish to do a madness

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Imo, should play their reserve side against Chelsea and then the league cup game. If the training ground is still closed by then, the season is fcuked. City already have a game to be made up, so how do you make up 3 PL games and a league cup game with the season left. It fecks other teams to to have all the games postponed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭COH

Isnt the rule that if they can field any 11 + 3(?) subs that they are obliged for fulfill the fixture?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

3 points from 2 players. Not a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

COH wrote: »
    Isnt the rule that if they can field any 11 + 3(?) subs that they are obliged for fulfill the fixture?

It is, and that's what they cited for the Newcastle and West Brom game. There's a 6 day turnaround to the Chelsea game so ideally if players are tested today and isolate until then, you can have them back in training on Saturday. There doesn't seem to be much room to move the game within the same gameweek cos of the league cup game against United, then the FA Cup. At best you can go one day and move the league cup to Thursday and Uniteds fa cup to sunday and not have any other impact (bar to TV companies)

titan18 wrote: »
    It is, and that's what they cited for the Newcastle and West Brom game. There's a 6 day turnaround to the Chelsea game so ideally if players are tested today and isolate until then, you can have them back in training on Saturday. There doesn't seem to be much room to move the game within the same gameweek cos of the league cup game against United, then the FA Cup. At best you can go one day and move the league cup to Thursday and Uniteds fa cup to sunday and not have any other impact (bar to TV companies)

The PL are never going to go against "strong medical advice". It's sh!t but as others have said it's why we have 4 subs.

Pulisic should have scored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Kdb vc, salah c not beyond the realms of possibility that Mo gets rested this game, disaster awaiting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

McCarthy
    Kwp, Cresswell, TAA
    Kdb, Salah ©, Bruno, Grealish
    Wood, DCL, Bamford
    Forster- Bissouma, Lamptey, Kilman

My strong bench really needed this week :O

No hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I love the “what ifs” in FPL.

Was benched Vardy a blessing or curse.

Would he have missed the penalty as well or buried it?!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I have two Chelsea defenders and Grealish, so either a clean sheet for Chelsea, or Grealish, Zouma and James all scoring multiple times would do me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭shmeee

SlickRic wrote: »
    James out of squad completely.
    As is Zouma.
    Werner finally benched.
    Abraham benched.
    Silva benched.

Carnage.

Insane !

Mount starts.... Like I was insane to even pick him this morning. But happy-ish a bit now.

Tammy was a huge transfer in this GW.

Kiith wrote: »
    I have two Chelsea defenders and Grealish, so either a clean sheet for Chelsea, or Grealish, Zouma and James all scoring multiple times would do me :P

you do know that Zouma and James are at home watching this as well?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

This is the qualifier week for the cup aswell, happy I had a decent bench

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I love the “what ifs” in FPL.

Was benched Vardy a blessing or curse.

Would he have missed the penalty as well or buried it?!!!

But if he started that passage of play would never have happened so that penalty would never have happened

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Who's gonna tell him :o

Did you see the teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

This is the qualifier week for the cup aswell, happy I had a decent bench

Do you have to be a certain rank this gameweek or at the end of the week?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    you do know that Zouma and James are at home watching this as well?

Just like Kiith... Both with the feet up and cup of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, i just realised... :o

Come on Grealish! :pac:

Advertisement