Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What saying out there do you think are a load of Bull?

Options
  • 28-12-2020 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,702 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

For me its,

"There is someone out there for everyone"

Its utter bullsh,it. No there is not.

I am on this planet 40 odd years now and still have not met that one special person.

Maybe it's me maybe I am too odd or too weird but you no what I don't care because that is me and if a person does not get that part of me than it's just not going to happen. No point in hiding I have been hiding long enough no more I tell you no more.

Also " Don't come running to me if you fall of that wall and break a leg' has to be one of the worst saying ever. Course they are not going to run if they just broke a leg lol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

''It's not the winning but the taking part that counts''

Tbh, that is only a consolation attitude for the losers. In reality, nobody remembers you for taking part, they only remember the winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

"What's for ya, won't pass ya".

Get bent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

AMKC wrote: »
    For me its,

"What's for you won't go by you" is another one.

"Avoid like the plague" will have to be retired after 2020 as it seems people often won't.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Get bent.
    I was going to say this one. A really nice friend of mine often says it and it wrecks my head, but because of the sort of person she is, I haven't the heart to tell her how stupid it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

The ones that somewhat contradict each other:

"A man is only as good as his tools"

And

"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Also " Don't come running to me if you fall of that wall and break a leg' has to be one of the worst saying ever. Course they are not going to run if they just broke a leg lol.

thatsthejoke.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,818 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tiz all for the best.

Fcuk off, I'm devastated at this disappointment, it isn't for the fcuking best!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Notmything

There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. It's a tunnel course there'll be a light otherwise it's just a horizontal hole.

Of course that light is probably an oncoming train, in which aren't you the idiot of entering a railway tunnel

"Up the bum, no harm done."

Rectal prolapse.

For me its,

I am on this planet 40 odd years now and still have not met that one special person.

Maybe it's me maybe I am too odd or too weird but you no what I don't care because that is me and if a person does not get that part of me than it's just not going to happen. No point in hiding I have been hiding long enough no more I tell you no more.

I think this was probably true up until recently..
    For whatever reason the ties that held social relationships and brought people together have been damaged, hence the uptick in the single population..
    I think this will be very damaging in time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,564 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Get bent.

"Get bent"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

There's no such thing as a stupid question

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Shut your mouth and eat your dinner.

You'll look back at this and laugh. Well, I'm still not laughing, asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Greyfox

The customer is always right. Hate that stupid phrase with a burning passion

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

"We'll never see the likes of them again" or "That's a record that will never be broken"

Usually in the context of sport.

Of course you will see the likes of them again and better too.

Records will be broken again and again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭StevenToast

"The next 2 weeks are crucial"

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Notmything

There's no such thing as a stupid question

:rolleyes:

Except the one asked at clocking off time that requires a lengthy answer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

"Get bent"

"LOL"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

"The next 2 weeks are crucial"

I'm sure I've heard that before ...

... just let me think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭chrissb8

"Money doesn't make you happy"

My Dad always says the above real sardonically followed up by "I can tell ya I wasn't happy when I was poor, sleeping in a bed with 5 of my siblings growing up"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

All men are created equal.

Nice ideal but no.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Get bent.
    Wibbs wrote: »
    "What's for you won't go by you" is another one.

"Avoid like the plague" will have to be retired after 2020 as it seems people often won't.
    I was going to say this one. A really nice friend of mine often says it and it wrecks my head, but because of the sort of person she is, I haven't the heart to tell her how stupid it is.

First thing that came into my head, cnuts that say this are swiftly put on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I think this was probably true up until recently..
    For whatever reason the ties that held social relationships and brought people together have been damaged, hence the uptick in the single population..
    I think this will be very damaging in time..

Not according to the Census.

The share of the population aged 15 and over who were single increased from 41.1 per cent in 1996 to 43.1 per cent in 2006, but has fallen back to 41.1 per cent (1,544,862 people) in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

The quality of mercy is not strained, it droppeth like the gentle rain from heaven. Bollocks it does.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

"Everything happens for a reason."

Like fúck it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

When it comes to people, total nonsense. Go on your gut and first impressions and you'll never go far wrong. People always show you who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

wiggle16 wrote: »
    "Everything happens for a reason."

Like fúck it does.

Well, everything does happen for reasons, but those reasons are in the past, not the future.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Well, everything does happen for reasons, but those reasons are in the past, not the future.

Well yeah but usually the people who say this to you aren't well versed in causality :pac:

When your life is falling down around you and some ninny says "everything happens for a reason", yeah they're not talking about cause and effect, they're talking about some vague notion of providence or karma.... and that grates on me something desperate.

They might as well be saying "everything happens for a terrifyingly unknowable reason" and expect it to be comforting.

Build it and they will come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

“What goes around comes around”....the notion that “karma” will sort out horrible people....
    in the vast majority of cases this just doesn’t happen

Advertisement