Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leave me alone

Options
2»

Comments

Get it into your head that your phone is for your convenience, not anyone else's, just ignore it until you want to respond

That’s all anyone needs. No second phone, no second sim, just ignore what you want and reply if and when you want. Too many people expect everyone to be too contactable these days. I go completely off the grid when I’m not working apart from 4 people and there’s no possible way to get in touch with me.

The most insufferable part is when they think they have a right to some sort of reason as to why you didn't answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

The most insufferable part is when they think they have a right to some sort of reason as to why you didn't answer.

Everyone :. ""Where are you .......I've been ringing and texting ........""

Me : I'm not on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SpacialNeeds

Just left voice recordings everyone back to say I can't because I've been drinking. Now i have to sleep because I've an intervention tomorrow.

Why don’t you just reply to the people you want to and don’t reply to the rest? It’s your phone and your time.

Putting it in airplane mode to hide is madness and you don’t need a separate phone either. Takes two seconds to read a message and decide what you want to do.

Ah to be fair it’s so annoying to keep getting phone calls and texts when you’re just not arsed. Sometimes airplane mode is the best job..

Well, except when you use an iPhone (or any smartphone) and the cnuts annoying you have iMessage or WhatsApp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Just left voice recordings everyone back to say I can't because I've been drinking. Now i have to sleep because I've an intervention tomorrow.

God, they don't make heroes like they use too!

Ah to be fair it’s so annoying to keep getting phone calls and texts when you’re just not arsed. Sometimes airplane mode is the best job..

Well, except when you use an iPhone (or any smartphone) and the cnuts annoying you have iMessage or WhatsApp.

I’d miss that warm fuzzy feeling when you see 3 or 4 calls in a row from someone work related desperately trying to get hold of you when you’re on holidays. Or just openly ignoring texts - some people can’t handle not being replied to instantly at all, it’s great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

Turn on airplane mode then turn back on wifi.

Doesn't stop WhatsApp or such like apps being used to contact the op.

daheff wrote: »
    Doesn't stop WhatsApp or such like apps being used to contact the op.

Someone asked how to airplane and still use wifi. That’s how you do it. It wasn’t being offered as a solution to the OP.

All phones have separate notification settings for all the apps anyway, so it’s very easy turn them off for the ones you need to if so desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

So far today, work have been in touch twice. Once to ask for my urgent assistance in solving a problem that has nothing to do with me and once to tell me it has been sorted.

Three of my family have texted and called. One to ask me to do a favour as they're away, one to ask for babysitting this evening and one to request I do an errand and call over to them.

I did a favour of creating a graphic design project for a friend and they're saying that the file they sent on to the producer is corrupted somehow. But they could access it, so I don't know why it's my problem to reformat it.

I haven't responded to anyone. I'm not leaving the house and I'm not doing any work. Is there any way of dealing with these cunce that doesn't involve a prison sentence. Am I the only one bombarded from all sides at all times by demanding people who i usually (stupidly) accommodate. Why do I never need to annoy people for favours, why am I organised enough to do things for myself like an adult who doesn't need their hand held. Christ.

"cunce" !! :D:D

Why have I never seen that alternative spelling !!!
    I am using that one, right up there with "fuxake"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

wally1990 wrote: »
    Thread got me thinking

Is there a feature or app that blocks incoming calls and SMS but allows data or WiFi to continue so you can surf the web only

That would be useful

Disable your SIM

Advertisement