Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If there was a world reset what would you keep and what would you get rid of

Options
  • 27-12-2020 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

I would get rid of marriage for life, should be a contract for say 5 years and after that you would be out of contract and free for a month or go back to partner after a month if you wish. Everyone would look after themselves better, stay in better shape and more action in the bedroom,personally I think the day a man gets married and gives up the chase he dies a little.I would get rid of 40 hour working weeks, 20 hour weeks sound about right and should be no unemployment if work was shared out more. What would you keep and get rid of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Clothes. Why can't we all just strut around nude?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Clothes. Why can't we all just strut around nude?
    Freeze the balls off you today out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

kerryjack wrote: »
    I would get rid of marriage for life, should be a contract for say 5 years and after that you would be out of contract and free for a month or go back to partner after a month if you wish. Everyone would look after themselves better, stay in better shape and more action in the bedroom,personally I think the day a man gets married and gives up the chase he dies a little.I would get rid of 40 hour working weeks, 20 hour weeks sound about right and should be no unemployment if work was shared out more. What would you keep and get rid of.
    I'd say the word Covid would be near the top of most peoples list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

It's a tough question but if I had to pick I'd keep the flute that Captain Jean Luc Picard played in Star Trek : The Next Generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Get rid: about half the human population. Not by a general cull but by implementing progressive population controls over many years.

Keep: the earth for a bit longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Get rid of personal space invaders and idle gossipers

Keep: some of the animals that are threatened with extinction

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Your Face wrote: »
    Get rid: about half the human population. Not by a general cull but by implementing progressive population controls over many years.

Hi Thanos.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,740 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Your Face wrote: »

China's population is set to halve by 2100.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

kerryjack wrote: »

Sounds like somebody is pissed with the missus. Was the Xmas present really that bad??

You should drop better hints next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

social media for the chaos it causes, china & india due to having far too many people.
    I would re instate borders and let countries grow their own food and stop this crazy truckers driving thousands of miles with raspberries in December.
    I would encourage people to be nice and award a points system for this.

Anyone being cruel to animals shot by firing squad without a trial i would volunteer to do this one my self.
    The marriage thing yep hes right we all get sick of marriage after the first 2 / 5 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Get rid of
    Wokeism
    Feminists

Replace with
    Meritocracy and Egalitarism

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Stan27

social media for the chaos it causes, china & india due to having far too many people.
    I would re instate borders and let countries grow their own food and stop this crazy truckers driving thousands of miles with raspberries in December.
    I would encourage people to be nice and award a points system for this.

Anyone being cruel to animals shot by firing squad without a trial i would volunteer to do this one my self.
    The marriage thing yep hes right we all get sick of marriage after the first 2 / 5 years

Agree with a good few of your points.
    Social media has a lot of down sides.
    Our food carbon footprint is huge, and i would like to see people become more sustainable when it comes to food.
    Ye then marriage thing, doesnt make much sence to me.
    Im almost 30 and with the gf 3 years and she would like to get martied sometime, but i just cant see the point/ advantage of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Childhood illnesses.

At least give people a chance to get to their 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

daheff wrote: »
    Sounds like somebody is pissed with the missus. Was the Xmas present really that bad??

You should drop better hints next year.
    I am not anti marriage I am just anti the duration of the sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Childhood illnesses.

At least give people a chance to get to their 20s.

If you can leave the childhood ones behind why would you take the rest of them with you?

there is no point to marriage anymore as mobile phones & tindr etc are there to de value it. Duplicity is way more easy these days plus no offense to the ladies, seeing a married man is not a scandal any more it was in my day and you were a pariah but today its like a notch on the belt sad but true. Also women are very overt and seedily dressed lots on show so why wouldn't a man have his cake & eat it lots of it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Keep 16th - 19th century architecture.
    Get rid of paedophilia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

there is no point to marriage anymore as mobile phones & tindr etc are there to de value it. Duplicity is way more easy these days plus no offense to the ladies, seeing a married man is not a scandal any more it was in my day and you were a pariah but today its like a notch on the belt sad but true. Also women are very overt and seedily dressed lots on show so why wouldn't a man have his cake & eat it lots of it!!!

Yes, too true, all those seedily dressed women are a disgrace..

185379_10150386438059966_618794965_10551284_5278322_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Social media. I'd love to live in a 2020 version of the internet world we knew circa 2005.

No facebook, no instragram, no obsession with recording every facet of our lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

Social media. I'd love to live in a 2020 version of the internet world we knew circa 2005.

No facebook, no instragram, no obsession with recording every facet of our lives.

This

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Get rid of:
    Mediocrity
    The Talentless
    Reporters/journalists 'opinions'
    90% of college courses

Replace with:
    Fair taxation with genuine services

• Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I would get rid of boxing or any sport that involves hitting someone especially on the head. Just stupid and dangerous. The brain was not made for that. I would get rid of horse racing. Its cruel and impossible to keep up with the amount of horse names anyway. I honestly do not know how someone follows a horse or a trainer. Get rid of bull teasing like over in Spain and also anything that wastes food like that big tomato throwing thing they have in Spain. All prostitution would be got rid of too. Monogamy get rid of it.why should a man not have 3 or 4 wifes or gfs and the same with a women have as many partners as you want or can afford. I would get rid of the social construct that some clothes are mens and some are women's and if you went to buy clothes anywhere it would just be that clothes. Buy what you want and wear want you feel good in or happy in.

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Yes, too true, all those seedily dressed women are a disgrace..

185379_10150386438059966_618794965_10551284_5278322_n.jpg

so nice & original but you do know i meant a la kardashians

i would get rid of all those gender confusions and go back to males & females way to much choice now so no one knows what they are or may want to be in a year or too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

i would get rid of all those gender confusions and go back to males & females way to much choice now so no one knows what they are or may want to be in a year or too!!!

Booo boring. I think it's great and in my world it would be something that stays. The more the better I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I think you just don't like homophones.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

I think you just don't like homophones.

Are they wireless things you put in your ears?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I am not on facebook, instagram, twiter etc so I am not annoyed by all the $hite people post. All you have to do is delete your accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I see no need for Ryan Turbridy and anyone that carries on like a pretentious egit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I’d keep a little needle or maybe some toothpicks in case we need to do another reset...

Advertisement