Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nashville Tennessee explosion (maybe a intentional act?)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Not a lone wolf then.

Jesse trying to go out on his own after getting screwed over by Walter, again!

• Not if it’s part of a long term terror plot. Nobody has claimed responsibility or issued their political demands (so it isn’t actually terrorism yet). Could be a copy-cat case, but most likely a terrorist group who hasn’t revealed themselves yet.

America is ripe for a fight so I won’t be a bit surprised about how thing works out. Could be a Stop the Steal group or a BLM group, or a Christian/White Supremacist and they’d get support either way.

Sorry what?

I’m not sure that’s what defines terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Sorry what?

I’m not sure that’s what defines terrorism.

I don’t think you know what terrorism is. It needs a political aim to be terrorism. Otherwise it’s just a bombing.

What do you think terrorism means?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,015 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don’t think you know what terrorism is. It needs a political aim to be terrorism. Otherwise it’s just a bombing.

What do you think terrorism means?

I mean, you’re right. It would only be CT at this stage to say it was for sure Terrorism. 2nd one could be a copycat, first could be him faking his own death for non political reasons.

I’ve been into too much post election martial law etc politics so I jumped the gun concluding it was for sure Terrorism.

Overheal wrote: »
    I mean, you’re right. It would only be CT at this stage to say it was for sure Terrorism. 2nd one could be a copycat, first could be him faking his own death for non political reasons.

I’ve been into too much post election martial law etc politics so I jumped the gun concluding it was for sure Terrorism.

It could be an organised terrorism organisation who has yet to make itself known. But at this stage we can only go on the information we have.

No political element means it isn’t terrorism, yet.

• Advertisement

Update on this story:
    “UPDATE 4:50 pm: CNN is reporting that no explosives were found in the box truck. It is being towed to a secure location and a driver connected to the truck has been detained”

Good result there. They can find out if it’s a copycat or an organisation or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

It could be an organised terrorism organisation who has yet to make itself known. But at this stage we can only go on the information we have.

No political element means it isn’t terrorism, yet.

isn't it US government policy to roll out 5G

isn't it US government policy to roll out 5G

I don’t know.

What’s that got to do with the price of spuds?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I don’t know.

What’s that got to do with the price of spuds?
    disrupting the roll out of public infrastructure with a bomb would be terrorism then

disrupting the roll of public infrastructure with a bomb with be terrorism then

Is that what he said he was doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,015 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Any comment from the outgoing president yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,495 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

GettyImages-1287106955.jpg?resize=1500,1000

(this seems to be the default image most news outlets are using for donny now)

• Overheal wrote: »

No, not even a tweet.

No, not even a tweet.

Doesn’t suit his narrative.

Plus the fact that it’s probably a white conspiracy theorist means it’s more likely one of his kind of people than not. He has always been good at cultivating the conspiracy theorists by implicitly supporting their causes. In this case he would probably have to take a stance directly against his own people.

So what does he do? Do Nothing. Play it down. He doesn’t tend to talk about covid as it has also been a complete disaster under his presidency. Fox and MSNBC will argue the points in the moment and make it seem like a 50:50 but when the dust has settled he’ll be remembered as being in a unique category of terrible president. Having nothing to say about a domestic bombing is unprecedented for a normal leader, but normal for trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Guy set up a bomb in his vehicle, set up a message to play on loud speaker to clear the area and died in the explosion so I do not think it is the start of a string of terror attacks, seems he wanted to attack the AT&T building so an isolated incident.

Guy set up a bomb in his vehicle, set up a message to play on loud speaker to clear the area and died in the explosion so I do not think it is the start of a string of terror attacks, seems he wanted to attack the AT&T building so an isolated incident.

What do we know about him? What has his social media said about him? Was he a conspiracy theorist? Qanon is popular in America - embarrassingly so for a first world country.

Advertisement