Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your ideal age?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Ideal age is every one that allows both feet to hit the floor in the morning. I had alot of fun in my 20s and 30s but now at 41, my oldest is for the first time very conscious of Christmas and santa. If I was to go back I wouldn't be able to experience that and what ever other thrills and spills parenting brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

51 and can and do climb trees,

Can you jump back down though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Choosehowevr.

Late 30's to early 40's for me, that's when most men peak and are relatively secure and settled.

I take pretty good care of my body these days so should be fit and limber as long as I'm alive.

Don't count on it

Just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

Balerose wrote: »
    They all peaked around 24. Roger peaked in 2006, Nadal in 2010 and Djokovic in 2011. The fact they are still winning is because their levels were so high they could afford to drop a lot and still win.
    This is the most stupid thing i have read!

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Quality Of Life, fun, no commitments, travel , 3rd level complete, can scope with hangovers etc. == 24 years!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

20 / 21 - but with the experienced brain of a 60 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

If you could be one age for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I'm 36, and don't think I've ever been happier or enjoying life more, except maybe for some periods during childhood. But as an adult at 36, this is my happiest. I still have my health, I look good, I have loads of energy, much more confidence. So for me, 36 is a great age, I'd be happy to be this age forever.

I was daydreaming today over an old girlfriend. We used to have to wait until her mother went upstairs to watch the news. My hearing was triggered for that outplay. Then the day her Dad decided to come home early. Thankfully he was fully locked or I probably wouldn't be typing this.

Yeah 30s were good. 40s probably more so with mortgage getting paid down, promotions etc.

Later not so much and this time of year makes me a little morose.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

I love those freshman chicks man.

I get older, they stay they same age.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

If I could go back in time, I'd be 24. Great years. Old enough to do 'grown up things ' and young enough to get away.

It's correct. That's when they peaked. That's what happens when players get older, it shouldn't be a surprise.

That's just like your opinion

Where's the evidence they peaked at 24

• Advertisement

The young women are still there

I'm getting more selective about which hard drugs I take

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Can you jump back down though :)

Yep, always been active that way, haven't an ache or a pain,

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Probably around 28. You're in the mature end of the young person spectrum but to your elders you're still a young person and can behave as such.

You can have some of the perks of adulthood (Education completed, decent job, nice partner, plenty of travel) but you usually don't yet have the downsides (your whole life devoted to kids, mortgage, marriage, no time or disposable income for lots of travel etc etc)

Late 20's is a special age.

Advertisement