Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your ideal age?

Options
  • 24-12-2020 10:10am
    Site Banned Posts: 1

If you could be one age for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I'm 36, and don't think I've ever been happier or enjoying life more, except maybe for some periods during childhood. But as an adult at 36, this is my happiest. I still have my health, I look good, I have loads of energy, much more confidence. So for me, 36 is a great age, I'd be happy to be this age forever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

26. That's the age footballers start losing value so that's where I set the distinction between young people and old people.

27 was a stellar year for me, so 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Id say my best age was 35 to 39.
    Still happy now that im over that but the body is just not the same anymore.
    Each year something else breaks or wears out :)
    And then you come to the realization that medicine cant actually cure everything, as you used to think it could.
    What you damaged in your youth, stays damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

25 is good for me. You could easily hit your peak or be in the prime of your life at 25. I'd be happy to be 25 forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Choosehowevr.

Balerose wrote: »
    Tennis players peak at around 24.

Tell that to Rog and Nadal and djokovic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Only a question that can be answered truly on your death bed

Happy Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Choosehowevr.

They all peaked around 24. Roger peaked in 2006, Nadal in 2010 and Djokovic in 2011. The fact they are still winning is because their levels were so high they could afford to drop a lot and still win.

Ya it was tongue in cheek

Roger peaked a lot later than 2006 though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭gifted

1.....hanging off a tit for the rest of my life and baby oil been wiped onto me pecker sounds like a good way .....

Tits......dreams......lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Seeing as I peaked at twenty one , 21

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Early 20s. Life becomes a slog after that once you join the rat race and actually have to pretend you care about your job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Right now is the happiest I have been in terms of relationships, salaries, and accommodation. But I have a bit of work to do physically. I'm hoping next year I will be better.

It's an interesting question. Because say when I was 21 I was with a girl I was absolutely obsessed about. Or when I was 25 I was in peak physical shape. Or during the summer of 95 (or 96?) there was great music and not a drop of rain. Each year has it's own set of positives and negatives. There isn't one single point in time where I really 'peaked'.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tmabr

27 is probably the best

Mature enough to stop doing stupid stuff

Probably qualified at what you work at.

On good money

Can decide n relationships

Can party on

Can travel where u want

No kids or wife

Ah. Take me back.

If you could be one age for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I'm 36, and don't think I've ever been happier or enjoying life more, except maybe for some periods during childhood. But as an adult at 36, this is my happiest. I still have my health, I look good, I have loads of energy, much more confidence. So for me, 36 is a great age, I'd be happy to be this age forever.

When I was 36, I was happiest, then I became 37 & I was happier.
    Now I'm in my forties and happier still.
    Life gets better every year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

While I was more limber in my 20s and thought I had everything figured out, it is only looking back that I realise how silly some of the things I passionately believed really were.
    It kind of scares me how ideologically possessed one can be when young, it feels so life and death at the time. And then time passes and scales fall away from the eyes and one sees how complicated life and human nature is, and that ideological solutions are hammers that see every issue as nails.

I don't know what is the best age. In terms of life as a dreaming state and being always high on awe and mystery it was before puberty. That was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Gruffalux wrote: »
    While I was more limber in my 20s and thought I had everything figured out, it is only looking back that I realise how silly some of the things I passionately believed really were.
    It kind of scares me how ideologically possessed one can be when young, it feels so life and death at the time. And then time passes and scales fall away from the eyes and one sees how complicated life and human nature is, and that ideological solutions are hammers that see every issue as nails.

I don't know what is the best age. In terms of life as a dreaming state and being always high on awe and mystery it was before puberty. That was fun.

we havent a clue about most things when we are young but the arrogance and idealism of youth means it often doesnt matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    we havent a clue about most things when we are young but the arrogance and idealism of youth means it often doesnt matter

It used not to matter. Because the older demographic used to say yeah yeah whatever youngsters..but now we have elevated young people's opinions to a higher value, somehow. I mean there was a dour emo kid scolding international governments and in the US the college kids are ordering the professors as to what they can teach. Anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Mid twenties for me. I'm approaching mid thirties and there's things I just can't do like if I started to climb a tree people would think I'm a fool, but I could get away with that in my twenties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Mid twenties for me. I'm approaching mid thirties and there's things I just can't do like if I started to climb a tree people would think I'm a fool, but I could get away with that in my twenties

In your 40s you cant climb the tree :)

Around 18 - just becoming a woman, before things go south about 23...
    Sorry, misinterpreted thread title.

30 is the sweat spot, smart enough to be regarded as a mature adult, still young enough to get away with stupid sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Pcgamer

You start dying at around 25 years of age so 18 to 25 would do me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

It's unlikely you'll be close to your peak in terms of salary, money makes life a lot easier.

Depends, if you are happy and are getting by it doesn't really matter,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

JimmyVik wrote: »
    In your 40s you cant climb the tree :)

51 and can and do climb trees,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Pcgamer wrote: »
    You start dying at around 25 years of age so 18 to 25 would do me fine.

That's very comforting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Late 30's to early 40's for me, that's when most men peak and are relatively secure and settled.

I take pretty good care of my body these days so should be fit and limber as long as I'm alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

24 was a good age for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I started to fill out a bit in my 30's so I'd say 32 would be a good age. Was far too skinny in my 20's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

i'd say around 30

Fairly mature, fairly fit & healthy.

Advertisement