Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie User base age?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

No, no, of course not. Me? Little 8 and a half year old me? Do tell, you can pm of you prefer. :cool:

Oh so it's a honey trap now, PMing an 8 and a half year old...

I'm onto you...

Da2qmlH8B3Vj.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Damn it!

Still, this thread worked out marvellously well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Poll indicates majority between 30-50. Most likely white, Irish and male for the most part. The kind of demographic who thinks everyone wants to hear what they have to say. Makes perfect sense.

Sounds like serial killer profiles

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

An IQ poll would be more worthwhile.

<100: 0%
    100-150: 91%
    >150: 89%

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'm 15

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

I'm 15

You like gluten free quinoa small unspecified gender person?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,854 ✭✭✭CoBo55

A Barbie, Mr Frosty, bike and a surprise.

What annual are you getting?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    You like gluten free quinoa small unspecified gender person?

Sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

CoBo55 wrote: »

I'm getting the Beano and the Dandy annuals.

CoBo55 wrote: »

Peppa Pig and L.O.L Surprise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,854 ✭✭✭CoBo55

wiz569 wrote: »
    I'm getting the Beano and the Dandy annuals.

Desperate Dan and his cow pie:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

biko wrote: »
    I identify as 28.

I affirm your age as 28 unquestioningly

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I’ve always assumed the majority of posters on this site are overweight men with a beard who work in IT. Mostly between the ages of 35 and 45. They also presume that having reached some level of competence in operating a computer makes then extremely intelligent and an authority on everything else.

I may have a beard and my abs are invisible but my IT skills are moderate at best, your assumptions are offensive, sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

How few were left who have seen the republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I’ve always assumed the majority of posters on this site are overweight men with a beard who work in IT. Mostly between the ages of 35 and 45.

I’ve always assumed the majority of posters were one fella posting about bowel movements under a range of different names with little “character traits”. They are “written off” when he goes “creatively bankrupt”. Some of them stick around well past their “use-by date”, however, dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

I read somewhere that this forum peaked about fifteen years ago and you can tell that so did most of the user base. Boards.ie really is such a right wing echo chamber.

There’s a lot of middle aged people on this forum who seem to have been progressive socially back around 2005. For them things like gay marriage, abortions etc were “alright” but that was as far as things should go. The pre-recession status quo is how things should be.

Now they’re getting angry that the world has moved on without them, and that they’re now the older generation whose embedded biases are being challenged. Especially towards more recent social issues such as trans rights etc. “Lefty snowflakes,” “pc gone mad” “virtue signalling” etc. Stale, pale, and male.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I read somewhere that this forum peaked about fifteen years ago and you can tell that so did most of the user base. Boards.ie really is such a right wing echo chamber.

There’s a lot of middle aged people on this forum who seem to have been progressive socially back around 2005. For them things like gay marriage, abortions etc were “alright” but that was as far as things should go. The pre-recession status quo is how things should be.

Now they’re getting angry that the world has moved on without them, and that they’re now the older generation whose embedded biases are being challenged. Especially towards more recent social issues such as trans rights etc. “Lefty snowflakes,” “pc gone mad” “virtue signalling” etc. Stale, pale, and male.

You are good are profiling people.
    Are you in the CIA ?
    Or just joined recently to see how much of a 'right wing echo chamber' it is on here ? :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Ah sh*t. Mid 30s, white heterosexual male, overweight, beard, widows peak glowing on with the hair. Don't work in IT, not sure that's enough to rescue it though :)

Obligatory, "I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was....... "

Are Pogs still cool? I have some cool slammers.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,764 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm one of the ones acting the b0110x

I'm not.

I just answered in cat years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Stale, pale, and male.

How very enlightened and progressive of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I'm older than I once was and younger than I'll be but that's not unusual.

greenspurs wrote: »
    what would you expect?
    A randomer creates a poll asking people their age , without any reasoning or explanation why...

Oh, I thought he wants us to guess the age of the user base. I was going to say 12.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Maybe it still is a shagfest but you've gotten too wrinkly to get an invite :p

For their sake I hope this is the case but I have my doubts, as my much better looking people-pleasing alt account also hasn't been invited

God, what a disgusting image. “Rocker” t-shirts left on, chinny beards platted and big bellies resting up on backsides. Gross!

Ah Emmet, were you not invited? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ah Emmet, were you not invited? :(

Don’t worry about me, L. Comes with the “territory” when you’re a 5c champ. Can be intimidating for most.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Don’t worry about me, L. Comes with the “territory” when you’re a 5c champ. Can be intimidating for most.

How many 5c coins and you manage now, E? It's a fascinating, if albeit, "unusual" hobby.

Very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Lynn Door

I'm 14 + vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

How many 5c coins and you manage now, E? It's a fascinating, if albeit, "unusual" hobby.

Very strange.

Nothing strange about it, L. It’s quite a competitive sport, very competitive.

Not going to “give away” where I am at this stage in case any amateurs on here try to beat that and it all ends in tears. And tears.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,850 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

35-45: Check
    White: Check
    Beard: Check
    Slightly overweight: Check
    Works in IT: Check
    Thinks they're brilliant: No check
    Ginger: Bonus check

Only difference between now and 15 years ago is I no longer care. Just wanna live my life doing what I do and as solitarily as possible. Don't want to put in or out with anyone, and don't want to get involved in anything I've no interest in (I have very limited interests). So I respect everyone who is campaigning for whatever, so long as they respect that I don't care and don't want to get involved. I have opinions, but I don't expect nor demand that anyone else agrees. I'm open to correction, but will stand firm on some views. So... human. Yeah, I think I just about pass as a human.

I do appreciate the OP though for allowing me to pick something so close to 30 again. I'm in the 35-x bracket in everything else.

• Advertisement

Emmet and the Monke, 2 of my favourite posters for the 5c challenge. Happy Christmas to me. :D

Very strange indeed.

Advertisement