Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Principal Officer 2020

• 21-12-2020 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4 Cocacola123

Hi, I applied for the 2020 principal officer competition with revenue a few weeks ago. Send in my application form and a week later received an email saying I was through to the next stage which was a pre-recorded interview where I had 4 questions to answer. That was about 3 weeks ago. I think the next stage is a "proper" interview. Has anyone else received a reply from revenue for the next stage of the principal officer competition? Mind has me convinced that I was not successful as it was 3 weeks ago that I had to suit my video interview. I am not familiar with the public sector recruitment policy - what is the next step, do I go straight onto a panel and then an interview or visa versa?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭ Augme

If you aren't successful they will tell you. The next stage after a video interview is a proper interview and then you'll be on a panel.

The one thing I will say about civil/public service recruitment competitions is that they are very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cocacola123

Augme wrote: »
    If you aren't successful they will tell you. The next stage after a video interview is a proper interview and then you'll be on a panel.

The one thing I will say about civil/public service recruitment competitions is that they are very slow.

Thank you Augme, recruitment replied to me within a week or applying stating that I needed to do a video interview. The closing date submitting the video interview was early 3weeks ago so it is taking a lot longer than previous stages of the process unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ ThumbTaxed

Hi, I applied for the 2020 principal officer competition with revenue a few weeks ago. Send in my application form and a week later received an email saying I was through to the next stage which was a pre-recorded interview where I had 4 questions to answer. That was about 3 weeks ago. I think the next stage is a "proper" interview. Has anyone else received a reply from revenue for the next stage of the principal officer competition? Mind has me convinced that I was not successful as it was 3 weeks ago that I had to suit my video interview. I am not familiar with the public sector recruitment policy - what is the next step, do I go straight onto a panel and then an interview or visa versa?

Results not out. Wont be until January I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,050 ✭✭✭ bobbysands81

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Results not out. Wont be until January I believe.

Surprised you went for it again... but then you are confident!
    ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Also remember you can promoted easily enough on civil service by lying on your application and faking it.

Hi Everyone, Has anyone receive any confirmation email or feedback recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ✭✭✭ Leinster2020

I have not received anything yet.

I have not received anything yet.

Thanks Leinster 2020 - how did you find the video screening process? What roles/area did you apply for?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ✭✭✭ Leinster2020

Hi Cocacola123, I applied for the PO in Revenues HWI's, what about you? It is hard to tell how the competency based video screening went, I am not sure how it will be marked. How did you find it? Did you receive the result yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 society

I have to do one of these video competency interviews. How does it work, are the questions prerecorded and what are the questions like...are they behavioural questions ? Thanks

Advertisement