Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the best/worst Tin for Christmas?

Options
2»

Comments

Genghis wrote: »
    They have been devalued to death. Once was a time when each house had one tin of sweets. They were a rare treat, well made and loved.

Now because the half filled box retails at about €3, every fecker picks up half a dozen boxes, each one filled with low grade chocolates, and they get gifted around until everyone ends up with the six they bought back. No one enjoys them, they induce nausea just looking at them and they become a chore to finish.

Would've been better if they made the sweets higher quality, even at higher price so you could still enjoy them as a rare treat.

Haven't eaten one and likely won't eat one this year.

I’d rather have a good few at Christmas than a “rare treat”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Danish Butter Cookies have always been a favourite of mine. The ones in the blue tin. Great for dunking in tea. When I was younger, nobody else in my house was arsed with them, so I'd pretty much hoover them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Roses are muck compared to Quality Street

Heroes and celebrations can shag off too.

I have to agree re Rose's v Quality St. Roses have really gone down in recent years
    +1 on the Victoria

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I bought a box of roses for old times sake....

Like an ex girlfriend...dont go back to go forward...

How can I explain to my kids how much of a treat they once were...

We would even use the tins for feeding sheep a few nuts...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭PMBC

Ive switched to Kimberly biscuits this yer as I discovered recently the jam in the Mikados had been reduced in size.
    For sweets I have a box of Cadbury's Eclairs and a box of Scots Clan which no one else like.
    :D:D

• Advertisement

Sick fnck of celebrations and quality street at work for last few days :pac:
    Lindt is the job, someone brought them in also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭trashcan

PMBC wrote: »
    Ive switched to Kimberly biscuits this yer as I discovered recently the jam in the Mikados had been reduced in size.
    For sweets I have a box of Cadbury's Eclairs and a box of Scots Clan which no one else like.
    :D:D

Scots Clan. Eclairs too. Can’t go wrong there. Yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

trashcan wrote: »
    Scots Clan. Eclairs too. Can’t go wrong there. Yummy.

Until you've ne'er a tooth or filling left!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Beans. They're so weekday.

Fresh beans will make your whole day!

Old beans will make your hole weak!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I wish leonidas chocolates did a tin

• Advertisement
Advertisement