Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10.30 alcohol rule just enables alcoholics

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mimon wrote: »
    Have you seen the crowds out shopping this week? Feck going in any time after 9:30am

Go in the evening, I was in my local off license night, I was the only one in there.

You also have the option of delivery.

I mean on the scale of things we should really give a fúck about right now, it's pretty minor, wouldn't you agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I agree it's an unnecessary pain in the hole, but don't see the argument for how it 'enables alcoholics' at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 galway_lad

There's two 24 petrol stations within a few minutes drive of me that sell booze 24/7. Funnily enough by and large people don't go mad, it's just "normal".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Boggles wrote: »
    Go in the evening, I was in my local off license night, I was the only one in there.

You also have the option of delivery.

I mean on the scale of things we should really give a fúck about right now, it's pretty minor, wouldn't you agree?

I believe that grown ups should be allowed to do what they want as long as they are doing no harm to others. Feck Nanny state rubbish, especially when it is suiting vested interests - Vintners mafia.

In a lot of European countries you can get beer in chippers or in vending machines at any time and the World doesn't fall apart.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Not a Current Affair. Thread Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement