Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange experience with drugs/anyone else??

Options
2»

Comments

Is it perhaps a subconsious realisation that you're supporting the kind of people who murder teenagers and shoot each other in front of children? The kind of people who'd petrol bomb your parent's house if you owed €100?

But sure it's all a bit of a laugh. "That kinda thing would never happen to me". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Why would they want to?

I mean if you have your life together ...that means you don't get black out drunk. Its part of having your life together..not being black out drunk. Black out drunk sort of makes life not together

Oh no wait ...no WAIT

I GET IT !!!

When you have your life together YOU GET black out drunk! :)

ah get ya

I'd love to get black out drunk right now, but my life is no where near together enough.

Wait.. because I don't want to get black out drunk, I should do it?
    Is that it??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Yes he did. He mentioned taking painkillers for injuries gave him a high.

These are opioids.

Even prescriptions or over the counter drugs ..are well drugs.

I take solpadeine on my period i get it over the counter...and its an opioid. So is paracetamol tramadol etc.

Drugs ≠ opioids

Painkillers ≠ opioids

Paracetamol is not an opioid. The OP said "painkillers" - there's loads of different kinds of painkillers that aren't opioids. Paracetamol, aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, naproxen, etc. etc. Just because you're taking substances containing opioids doesn't mean the OP is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

This isn't really true. Yes, illicit drugs have all types of everything in it, but essentially drugs are either uppers or downers. And downer doesn't mean being depressed. If the OP is feeling depressed no matter what the drug, that is abnormal. So my advice is avoid all drugs.

Actually its entirely true.

Different people react differently to different chemicals. Its the whole reason why doctors will consider gender, weight, age etc.

The rules that doctors and pharmacists use dont suddenly disappear just because a substance is listed as illegal. You're still subject to the rules of pharmacology whether you get your pills in a chemists or from a shady character.

Street drugs are one size fits all. Yet people vary widely.

So how could there ever be a guarantee of how you will respond. There simply isn't.

If you disagree with that then you're simply wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I've only ever done weed and hash and the last time I did it was in 2004. I'm in my mid 30's and I will never again touch the stuff. Main reason being I do not like the way it makes me feel if it's a bad trip and I have no control over it and just have to wait it out. I'd rather just not do it than take a chance.

I very rarely drink either like yourself because drink doesn't agree with my stomach.

As others have said, just stay away from all these chemical concoctions because you have no idea what you're putting into your body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Drugs effect people differently. Ive taken cocaine several times throughout my life, everything from cheap stuff to expensive coke from wealthy coke heads and never got any buzz or high from it, might aswell snort sugar as far as im concerned. Some people live for the high they get from it.
    Weed makes me anxious and take panic attacks while it has the total opposite effect on other people, most people smoke it to help with anxiety and to destress.

Everyone is different

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭White Clover

Wildkid wrote: »
    Sane reason I drink shots on a night out just to get a buzz and enjoy myself ,I very rarely take them ,I did at the weekend ,last time I took turn before that was probably 2 years ago !

Apples and oranges. The shots you buy on a night out come from a highly regulated industry unlike the drugs you are taking. Anything from rat poison to all other kinds of nasties are included to "bulk them up" .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Anything from rat poison to all other kinds of nasties are included to "bulk them up" .

Oh no not the rat poison ! It's everywhere -They're mad for it

Look: they now have a drive thru rat poison dealer !

https://irishheart.ie/news/irelands-first-drive-thru-warfarin-clinic-open-for-business/

Advertisement