Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange experience with drugs/anyone else??

Options
  • 21-12-2020 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

A bit about me ,I rarely take drugs I’d drink maybe once a week but not every week and very very very rarely twice a week ,Iv no mental health problems I’m emotionally very stable ,if I drink I get a great buzz and the next day I experience little bit of fear just like everyone ,if i take pain killers for an injury etc I get a good buzz off them with no issues etc so here’s the strange thing .......whenever I try cocaine ,ecstasy ,ketamine etc etc I get like an instant expedience of really really bad depression like I feel really depressed ,it’s not a come down it’s as soon as the drugs kick in the exact opposite of what the Drugs are meant to do actually Happens ....it’s so strange because Iv no problem with alcohol or mental health etc it’s actually funny looking at it after the depression ends like what the **** is that all about ? Anyone else experience this ? The drugs in taken over the years (rarely ) have been with different friends etc so it’s not like I just got a bad batch one night it’s a consistent thing over time , Il prob never touch them again because it’s such a horrible experience but I’d still like to know why it Happens to me and no one else

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Wildkid wrote: »
    A bit about me ,I rarely take drugs I’d drink maybe once a week but not every week and very very very rarely twice a week ,Iv no mental health problems I’m emotionally very stable ,if I drink I get a great buzz and the next day I experience little bit of fear just like everyone ,if i take pain killers for an injury etc I get a good buzz off them with no issues etc so here’s the strange thing .......whenever I try cocaine ,ecstasy ,ketamine etc etc I get like an instant expedience of really really bad depression like I feel really depressed ,it’s not a come down it’s as soon as the drugs kick in the exact opposite of what the Drugs are meant to do actually Happens ....it’s so strange because Iv no problem with alcohol or mental health etc it’s actually funny looking at it after the depression ends like what the **** is that all about ? Anyone else experience this ? The drugs in taken over the years (rarely ) have been with different friends etc so it’s not like I just got a bad batch one night it’s a consistent thing over time , Il prob never touch them again because it’s such a horrible experience but I’d still like to know why it Happens to me and no one else

Very weird. Especially with stimulants. Avoid all drugs dude

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Are you taking any medication etc? Are you an otherwise healthy individual that does a lot of exercise and eats well?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Wildkid

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Are you taking any medication etc? Are you an otherwise healthy individual that does a lot of exercise and eats well?

No medication whatsoever ,yes I play sports and am healthy ,in my mid 30s

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

As Mr. Garrison says "Drugs are baad". Use your brain and stay away from the drugs, they don't do anyone any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

different drugs, different people, at different times, will probably result in different effects.

what i mean is if you go to a doctor for a symptom of some kind (migraine, or whatever) then that doctor will carefully assess you as an individual based on weight, age, gender, etc.

im sure you know the process. from there its to a pharmacist who will have carefully measured doses. the net result is you get something planned/foreseen.

illicit drugs follow the same natural rules of cause and effect as the legally prescribed drugs.

its just that in the case of using a doctor and a pharmacist the prescription (the cause) is very specifically planned. and so you get what they planned.

whereas for the dealer the cause/the deal is just one size fits all. so you get a random result.
    theres no planning. you might be the type who gets a great buzz. or you may be the type that it kills. or anything in between.

tl;dr you took a random chemical, you got random results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

85603 wrote: »
    different drugs, different people, at different times, will probably result in different effects.

what i mean is if you go to a doctor for a symptom of some kind (migraine, or whatever) then that doctor will carefully assess you as an individual based on weight, age, gender, etc.

im sure you know the process. from there its to a pharmacist who will have carefully measured doses. the net result is you get something planned/foreseen.

illicit drugs follow the same natural rules of cause and effect as the legally prescribed drugs.

its just that in the case of using a doctor and a pharmacist the prescription (the cause) is very specifically planned. and so you get what they planned.

whereas for the dealer the cause/the deal is just one size fits all. so you get a random result.
    theres no planning. you might be the type who gets a great buzz. or you may be the type that it kills. or anything in between.

tl;dr you took a random chemical, you got random results.

This isn't really true. Yes, illicit drugs have all types of everything in it, but essentially drugs are either uppers or downers. And downer doesn't mean being depressed. If the OP is feeling depressed no matter what the drug, that is abnormal. So my advice is avoid all drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Maybe anxiety about taking them is hitting you harder than you think?
    Subconsciously you don't want to take them and are tense?
    Ask your gp next time you are in?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If the OP is feeling depressed no matter what the drug, that is abnormal. So my advice is avoid all drugs.
    Possibly certain drugs causes a dopamine deficiency in him?

OP; talk to your doctor about this, as you may get a reaction from legal drugs that you get prescribed to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Your body likes opioids ...you would become a heroin addict in a jiffy. Like seeing heroin and you would be gone for life.

Regarding cocaine etc ....you never know what you are getting.

They say that it can damage the part of the brain that allows people to feel pleasure.

I guess with any other drug they would call it a bad trip...for some reason with cocaine they call it overamping. (which is a slang term that means a lot of things to a lot of people ..but its generally just more or less slang for when a speed or cocaine trip goes wrong in anyway ...it can mean it was unpleasurable .it brought you down.or it gave you seizures etc ..it also has nothing to do with the dosage it just refers to a bad experience with those things ..)

Its a really bad sign as over ramping is linked to seizures ..scar tissue on the heart and of course ...heart attacks which are notoriously linked to cocaine . Most people who use it will probably have issues with their heart later on in life ..due to the fibrosis of the heart it causes in like 73% of users.

Most cocaine users have scarring on their heart tissue and don't even realize it. It will affect them later in life.
    While an overdose of opioids has clearly defined symptoms related to the suppression of the central nervous system, overamping is any sort of negative experience related to using stimulants such as cocaine or methamphetamine. These experiences are not necessarily dependent on taking too much

you overamped.

Suicidal thoughts etc ....are not uncommon when you overamp. For some people anxiety is the issue ..but people expect that from stimulants they don't expect suicidal thoughts though.

And very few people know that most cocaine users have scarring on their hearts that is permanent.

Its not uncommon ....i would say you felt VERY dark at the time. A lot of people do. Unfortunately dosage of stimulants is less easy to predict than with opioids because it can actually depend very much on your own body chemistry AT THE EXACT TIME ...meaning how much sleep you had ..how much you had to eat ...drastically alters your reaction to stimulants ...i have heard people even say being in a situation they were not comfortable in made it unpleasant ...indicating even your EMOTIONAL state affects the dosage ..whereas opioids are more reliable ..so one day one dosage of cocaine is fine for you...the next ..its awful...depending totally on how you felt that day.

Coffee always works MORE on me when i am nervous. :) That is as far as i go with drugs. I don't need scar tissue on my heart thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭StefanFal

Sounds to me like you might not be taking enough? Try and double drop next time and report back.

• Advertisement

StefanFal wrote: »
    Sounds to me like you might not be taking enough? Try and double drop next time and report back.
    Agreed! Mix in a naggin and some heroin! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

You're probably not taking enough of the drugs to get a proper happy high. If you don't like being high, why take them?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Could be the social setting?

I used to get bad social anxiety with MDMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Ffs, stay off the drugs...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭White Clover

If you're emotionally stable, why are you taking drugs?

Sane reason I drink shots on a night out just to get a buzz and enjoy myself ,I very rarely take them ,I did at the weekend ,last time I took turn before that was probably 2 years ago !

Agreed! Mix in a naggin and some heroin! :P

Il try some heroin next at Least il know for sure then 😂

km991148 wrote: »
    Maybe anxiety about taking them is hitting you harder than you think?
    Subconsciously you don't want to take them and are tense?
    Ask your gp next time you are in?[/quote

You could be onto something with this usually when I Take them it’s more out of curiosity or i treat them like a shot of tequila etc just another thing to get a emotional high off

Il try some heroin next at Least il know for sure then ��

GOOD LUCK! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,181 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Stay away from drugs op.
    You are not getting the results you want and not to mention you don't know what's in drugs as it is.

A report from the states in 2017 stated coke is usually only 61% pure. While many other powders are used to cut it, washing powder is a popular choice. Best to stay away from all drugs mate. Some local drug dealer is not going to have any issues loading it up with whatever he has to hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Drugs very often amplify your current state/ feelings. So, for example, if you are worried/ anxious you shouldn't take some mushrooms, as you will likely have a ****ty trip.

If I'm a little down, smoking weed can leave me feeling a little more depressed.

It may be that you simply have a subconscious thought process where you expect to have a bad trip, and this becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. As with others, I would say you should probably avoid taking drugs to be honest, particularly as you don't seem to have had any good experiences - learn the lesson.

Only emotionally stable people should take drugs

Only emotionally stable people should take drugs
    Is taking drugs usually what emotionally stable people do?

But if only emotionally stable people should take drugs ...?? WAIT WHAT?

Is taking drugs usually what emotionally stable people do?

But if only emotionally stable people should take drugs ...?? WAIT WHAT?

Pretty straightforward; ideally only those with their life together should get black out drunk. Those that aren't secure might turn it into an addictive escape.

Pretty straightforward; ideally only those with their life together should get black out drunk.
    Why would they want to?

I mean if you have your life together ...that means you don't get black out drunk. Its part of having your life together..not being black out drunk. Black out drunk sort of makes life not together

Oh no wait ...no WAIT

I GET IT !!!

When you have your life together YOU GET black out drunk! :)

ah get ya

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Your body likes opioids ...you would become a heroin addict in a jiffy. Like seeing heroin and you would be gone for life.

OP didn't mention taking any opioids at all.

OP didn't mention taking any opioids at all.
    Yes he did. He mentioned taking painkillers for injuries gave him a high.

These are opioids.

Even prescriptions or over the counter drugs ..are well drugs.

I take solpadeine on my period i get it over the counter...and its an opioid. So is paracetamol tramadol etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,259 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A bit about me ,I rarely take drugs I’d drink maybe once a week but not every week and very very very rarely twice a week ,Iv no mental health problems I’m emotionally very stable ,if I drink I get a great buzz and the next day I experience little bit of fear just like everyone...

is this a normal thing for people? I've never experienced it or heard any mention of it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Yes he did. He mentioned taking painkillers for injuries gave him a high.

These are opioids.

Even prescriptions or over the counter drugs ..are well drugs.

I take solpadeine on my period i get it over the counter...and its an opioid. So is paracetamol tramadol etc.

Paracetamols an opiod ? Since when ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Jmccoy1 wrote: »
    As Mr. Garrison says "Drugs are baad". Use your brain and stay away from the drugs, they don't do anyone any good.

Mr. Mackey:pac::pac:

Advertisement