Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sawducks Movie Walrus - World Premiere

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

In 2nd place with 10 points is
    ShaneU

Cinema Paradiso

Heard of it: Yes
    Seen it: No
    Overall score: 8.7
    I have always wanted to watch this film having heard great things about it but i never got around to it so i'm grateful it was chosen in this walrus. Set in an Italian town shorty after world war 2, a young boy spends his days watching films in the local cinema, where he meets and befriends the projectionist. The projectionist teaches the boy how to operate the projector and the two begin working together. With not much else to do in town, the cinema is packed quiet often, with people even bringing their own chairs. The local priest has a lot of sway and makes the projectionist cut every kissing scene or anything he deems unacceptable from the movie before it's shown to any audience, something which doesn't go down well with them. One night after the audience is kicked out of the cinema, the projectionist decides to project the movie onto a nearby building, whilst doing this the projector overheats and causes a fire, resulting in the projectionists losing his sight. As the boy grows older, he falls in love and must balance his love for cinema and his job with his love for this girl. A beautiful film in so many ways, I'm glad it was chosen
    My favourite thing about this movie: So much to choose from but my favourite parts were probably when he was a young kid starting out in the cinema.I really liked the friendship he devolved with the projectionist. Beautiful music too.

Shane finishes with a score of 34 points, is it enough to carry him to victory

In first place with 11 points is
    Spook ie

It's a Wonderful Life

Heard of it: Yes
    Seen it: Yes
    Overall score 9.2
    It does feel somewhat strange watching a Christmas movie in April but this is so wonderful that i didn't mind. It is such a charming movie, starring one of my favourite actors James Stewart as the kindhearted George Bailey. George goes through his life helping others in any way he can, he even puts others needs before his own. He always planned on leaving his hometown of Bedford Falls and travelling the world but something always got in his way. He falls in love with a girl called Mary and the two eventually get married and buy a run down house that they make their own. George often comes into conflict with the mean spirited scrooge-like Mr.Potter who has taking a great dislike to the Bailey family. George's life begins to fall apart and after Mr. Potter twists things to make his life worse, George contemplates suicide. This is when he is visited by an angel who shows him what life would be like without george. One of the all time great films, love this so much
    My favourite thing about this movie: So much to choose from but the ending in particular is amazing, one of my favourite movie endings.

That leaves spookie with 34 pints also so we have joint winners, congrats to both winners
    Spook-ie and ShaneU

We had joint winners at the top and joints wooden spooners at the bottom.

Thank you to everyone for taking part in this, a wonderful selection of films i really enjoyed doing this and look forward to possibly seeing some of you do a movie walrus in the future, Lavar is running one at the moment and i think he is still taking submissions so if you haven't already entered make sure you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

thanks Sawduck. I actually seen that movie on a class trip :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Congrats Shane and Spook

Great show Sawduck

I am indeed taking entries for my second Movie Walrus... Sign-Ups close this coming Sunday!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058173046

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Nice reveal Sawduck. Entertaining, plus I picked up a couple for my watchlist.

Congrats Shane and Spook.

Wonderful Life is a cracking film

The overall standings are

NAME|ROUND 1 | ROUND 2 | ROUND 3 | ROUND 4 | TOTAL|
    Shane| 7 | 6 | 11 | 10 | 34|
    Spook ie | 5 | 10 |8 | 11 | 34 |
    Irish Aris | 6 | 11 | 6 | 9 | 32 |
    Necro |10|5| 10|5 |30|
    Purple Tin|9|9|3|8|29|
    LaVar|3|7|9|6|25|
    Purg|11|1|4|9|25|
    Shelly|4|4|10|2|20|
    Kolido|2|2|7|7|18|
    Reberetta|1|8|5|3|17|
    JP Liz V1|8|3|2|4|17|

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Good stuff Shane and Spook (Spane)
    That's some nice spooning Reb and Liz (Riz)
    Thanking you Ducky, some new flicks for me to check out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sawduck wrote: »
    That leaves spookie with 34 pints also so we have joint winners, congrats to both winners
    Spook-ie and ShaneU

Well Done Both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

That was a really great competition reveal, thank you Sawduck!!

And congrats Spook and Shane, you edged it in the end!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Gratz winners, grazie Sawduck. Two wooden spoons in a row and another coming up tomorrow in Telly Wheels Part 2 for me. I'm on a roll.

I can't remember a lot about I'm Gonna Git You Sucka as I haven't seen it in about 15 years but it's one movie that stuck in my mind as a riot. They have their critics but I like the Wayan brothers.

I watched It's A Wonderful Life for the first time recently and found it sappy, cheesy and a bit dull and silly. James Stewart is always a cool cat however. I gave it a 6/10 in my little black book.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cheers for that Sawduck, I knew Trolls was a risk but it's one of the more recent kids movies I genuinely like (despite repeated viewings via the kids :D )

Delighted it didn't finish last anyways!

Congrats to the winners Shane and Spookie, happy with fourth.

Congrats to the joint spooners too... I erm.. I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Great game Ducky, thanks for running. Got some nice movie suggestions from it.

Congrats to Shane spooks, great scoring guys.

As for my own finish, think I redeemed myself in the second half after a poor start.

Advertisement