Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Football Championship Final 2020 Mayo v Dublin MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Magnificent grit from Dublin. Keep coming and keep pushing and eventually their opponents lose the stomach for the fight. Their will to win is extraordinary.
    Yeah.. playing in their own back yard with millions of euro behind them along with their friend Coldrick refereeing is real Roy of the Rovers stuff.

They'll be dancing on the streets of Blackrock tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Mayo badly need a goal.

Coldrick would just disallow it for offside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Water breaks should be gotten rid of

• Registered Users Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭Patser

Yep, killing the clock rather than chasing points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Waterford and Mayo, same old story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

UsBus wrote: »
    Disgraceful from the ref today. The amount of trees the dubs are buying is a joke

Why wouldn't they - Mayo aren't ripping any of the up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Think this game is over. What is it with Mayo and Big games? They are so mentally fragile when pressure is put on. I know one thing is for sure is hate to have a Mayo person next to me in the trenches.

I think that's harsh. They gave it everything they had today, recovered brilliantly from that early goal and managed to hang in there for the first 50 minutes or so. They needed to be level at half-time at least because Dublin were always going to put a score up on them in the last 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,315 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Blluurrgggh

Keep ball now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Shocking decision, they need a goal and he tries for a small percentage chance of a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭4Ad

Car99 wrote: »

Hate them also...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

FFS Mayo aren't going to beat the handicap.

This is the difference in having a bench and not. All our subs were terrible today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

What is he trying to kick a point for????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Terrible decision making

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭elefant

Superb second half performance from Ciarán Kilkenny. Strong as a horse, and his decision making is so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

As much as I hate to say it mayo are out on there feet but Dublin looking like they could go another 35 no bother. Serious fitness levels.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Think this game is over. What is it with Mayo and Big games? They are so mentally fragile when pressure is put on. I know one thing is for sure is hate to have a Mayo person next to me in the trenches.
    Nothing to do with mentality, that's a lazy generalisation. They're up against the best team in history who are able to bring on the likes of Mannion and Howard as subs. They've actually done excellently so far to keep it competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Mayo need goals.

O Connor is gone missing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭4Ad

Carr and Cohen 2 poor attempts...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Car99 wrote: »

They'll be gone post-covid. It was brought in to stop players sharing bottles I think.

• Advertisement

Unreal legs from byrne there

Easy to talk about what mayo could have done, and the ref, but this dub outfit can beat you three ways and didnt need to turn this into a shootout today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Does anybody think Dublin will celebrate?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,793 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Congrats Dublin can't see Mayo coming back too wasteful in this 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lundstram wrote: »
    Yeah.. playing in their own back yard with millions of euro behind them along with their friend Coldrick refereeing is real Roy of the Rovers stuff.

They'll be dancing on the streets of Blackrock tonight.

The attitude expressed in your post is why Dublin keep winning. Lots of complaining and whining - these games are won before the throw in. Like Dublin in the 2000s, there’s lots of talk about wanting to win but the hard mentality and will to do the difficult thing isn’t there.

Dublin just want it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Mayo just aren't good enough. Dublin aren't amazing either. Yet they've another hollow All-Ireland victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I hope Dessie brings Philly on just to annoy all the trolls. Rent free and all that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

3 absolutely brain dead shots in a row from Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 38,152 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

still time for Mayo if they can get a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭Patser

Awful wide again, Mayo choking, Dublin professional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Good game but almost unwatchable at times due to the rte arse licking, Mayo missed too many chances, and when Lee Keegan got flattened what was the referee at?

Advertisement