Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Etoll? Who to use?

• 18-12-2020 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭ loopymum

Hi. I have an eflow account for our diesel but would like to get a tag for the EV. Won't be used much so would prefer to not have a monthly fee. Who to use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭ zg3409

These are the companies that offer tags

https://www.etoll.ie/getting-a-tag/irish-tag-companies/

Check any tag with no monthly fee can be used to get EV discounts. I would ring them to confirm and try get it in writing too. Some no monthly fee can have a high purchase price and battery cannot be replaced so you may need to buy a new one in 5 to 10 years, probably closer to 10 if tag not used much

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭ Rusky rusky

loopymum wrote: »
    Hi. I have an eflow account for our diesel but would like to get a tag for the EV. Won't be used much so would prefer to not have a monthly fee. Who to use?

I have a pay as go account with easy trip. They charge extra 10% for each use. ev discount applied automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ eagerv

I am with Tolltag, free tag on PAYG. No rental, just a 10%charge and EV discounts.
    Very happy so far, they were recommended here when we first got an EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭ JohnC.

I'm also with TollTag after recommendations here. Also a rare user, so not having a monthly fee was important.

While I'm here, is there any kind of indicator the battery is getting low, like an intermittent beep like a smoke detector? Or will it just fail to work one day a few years down the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭ eastie17

Tolltag here as well on 3 vehicles for a few years, no complaints

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko

Reduced Toll Fares for Electric Vehicles
    From July 2018 till 2022
    http://www.etoll.ie/getting-a-tag/irish-tag-companies/
    Screenshot-from-2018-04-17-22-53-40.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭ loopymum

Thanks everyone, I just ordered a free one from tolltag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭ Kramer

Thanks everyone, I just ordered a free one from tolltag
    Kramer wrote: »
    Tolltag make sure to process their "10% fee" the second before they process the EV refund - charging, in effect, between 20% & 40% fee for EV tolls, on the "pay as you toll" type account.

I had no problem with Tolltag, apart from that practice.
    As I said, they charge at least 20% on their PAYG tariff which could total an extra €50 to €100 per year.

Advertisement