Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2021

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I am 35 weeks and struggling! Fair play to you still working. I am so tired running after my two smallies all day. I am grumpy as hell the last few weeks and snapping at my husband loads. My feet are swollen in this heat and my arches have fallen so walking is painful. And I just feel bloody massive!!!

On the plus side, my SPD is much more manageable this pregnancy, the insomnia isn't as bad, and my heartburn is still manageable for now. I am demented by leg cramps through the night though! Plus all the trips to the loo. It isnt easy!

Jinxed myself there. Awake since 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

Have 3 more weeks until my section and am HUUUUGE. I have big babies anyway but apparently the bump is mostly fluid. I'm right on the cusp of too much but my consultant doesn't seem concerned, of course Dr Google has me freaked out!

Not long now until our August babies start to arrive, so exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AlwaysDoe

What date are you booked in for xalot? It is so exciting to think how soon the August babies will be arriving!!

I have group b strep this time - discovered a few weeks ago when I ended up in hospital with a suspected kidney infection - and have to present to hospital as soon as labour starts so I can be put on antibiotics to prevent baby from getting it. Had my 36 week clinic appointment yesterday and the doctor I saw was saying if my waters go before labour begins, I might end up with another section (had one on my first) because the alternative is being induced but that can increase the risk of the c section scar rupturing. Really hoping for a second vbac, found the recovery so much easier plus my eldest will be starting school in September so it'd be such a nuisance not being able to drive for 6 weeks.

On another note, a bit of my mucous plug came away today!! From what I've read though, that can still mean things are a couple of weeks away... hope so because I've more jobs I want to get done around the house!

20th August! Hopefully you get your VBAC, my youngest is starting school in September too, but I was given the ok to drive after 3 weeks last time so hoping the same again.

With my first I lost my mucus plug about a week before I was induced, much to my disappointment it didn't signal labour for me but it may be different on subsequent pregnancies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I had Strep B on all 3 Alwaysdoe.It's grand in a way because it means you know you just have to go in once things start, and that if your waters go first, you will be in and baby will be out.They may give baby antibiotics afterwards depending on the birth and some hospital policies, which is a 36 hour process, so you would have stay in a day or so extra

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭uptheduffagain

I hear ya on the insomnia. It's a tough one, can't remember the last time I woke up feeling rested!

I thought I was going to escape carpal tunnel this pregnancy but it's come at me with a vengeance over the past week - waking up multiple times a night with swollen/throbbing/numb hands, it's more annoying than painful though.

I'm down to single digits for the countdown to my due date, been having a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions but not much else. Think I'm about ready to get this baby out! Good luck to everyone in the same boat :)

@AlwaysDoe & @shesty - I know that Group B strep isn't routinely tested for, but did either of you have any symptoms?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

No.I went in for an early bleed on my first.They happened to test for it among other stuff (I didn't know) and a friend who was a midwife in the a&e told me when the results came in.The Rotunda ran a pilot scheme in 2018 when I was having my 3rd, offering the test around 38/39 weeks to any pregnant women who wanted it, I think it was with a view to looking at including it as a standard test towards the end of pregnancy, but I don't know if that is on the cards or how the pilot went.If you have it once, they just assume you have it on subsequent pregnancies and treat you accordingly.

My first baby, her temp rose slightly about 24 hours after birth, and she spent 3 days in NICU and 5 days on antibiotics in hospital.Very little wrong with her, but when it came to my 3rd, they didn't manage to get the 2 doses of antibiotics into me during the labour so they treated him with drugs for 36 hours after birth, just in case, due to what had happened with my first.The risk is higher when your waters go first, I believe (they did on my first).

If you are concerned, ask to be tested.They can do it, it just may not be standard yet.

• Advertisement

Am I the first August mammy? Happy and healthy baby boy born last Thursday. Feeling very lucky 😊

Congrats uptheduff, that's great news! :) still waiting here, 39 weeks today and feeling very much done with being pregnant!!!

Hi all, my (not so little) man arrived by planned section. We're home now and doing great. He's a little dote, feeding and sleeping like a champion.

Best of luck to you all still waiting.

Congrats xalot 😊

Our baby number 3 turned out to be a boy, he arrived on the 19th August, a very quick birth (that I'm still reeling from a little bit!) and is doing great, feeding is going v well with the aid of nipple shields. His big brother and sister are delighted with him - although both have definitely been extra sensitive since his arrival - and we're all adjusting to being a family of 5!

It looks like my August baby will probably be a September baby after all. I am 5 days overdue now and going demented!

Any more babies? How did you get on, @Antares35 and @catrionanic ? Hope all well with you and your families.

I'm doing well, had a bit of a rocky start though as I developed a bad case of mastitis after 11 days... ended up pretty sick in hospital for a few days but thankfully doing better now. I can safely say that I never want to see the inside of the NMH ever again!

Otherwise baba is doing really well and couldn't be more in love with him. Big brother is slowly coming around to the idea too (or maybe we're just getting more tolerant of his tantrums!) 🤯😂

Oh goodness, mastitis bad enough for a hospital stay must have been really truly nasty, you poor thing. Did you work out what caused the mastitis so that you can try to avoid it again?

Our little lady arrived 8 days late on 2nd September. We had a planned home birth and it was just magical. She was a big baby - 4.06kg - and much bigger than her older brothers were! But she is doing great and she has two adoring fans in her older brothers who are completely madly in love.

Ah that's lovely news, congrats! Glad your home birth worked out.

It was awful, I've genuinely never felt as sick in my life... I'd rather go through labour again, TBH. Breastfeeding didn't work out for us so I was pumping pretty much from the start. I reckon I had an oversupply and wasn't pumping regularly enough. He's now on formula and we're both a lot happier. I'm very glad he got a couple of weeks of breastmilk but I have no regrets, exclusive pumping is extremely hard, both physically and mentally.

Well done uptheduff, it is really hard pumping especially with another child too.Hard to be regular about it and mind a newborn too.

Advertisement