Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ghosting WTF

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

greasepalm wrote: »
    They want to avoid catching covid.
    don't send yourself to hospital then

• Registered Users Posts: 24,863 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

She will probably be awarded 100k in court and the poor driver gets the blame.

Unfortunately that is the case, could have been under a camouflage sheet and you’d still get blame thrown at the poor motorists. ...

Wtf is it all of a sudden with a large percentage of teens / early twenties in this country just being pure dumb morons and especially attention seeking gobshîtes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,879 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The best bit is this from the Garda Statement.

Gardaí are particularly appealing to parents to educate their children on the dangers of participating in such activity and to highlight the importance of being seen while using Irish roads,” the Garda statement said.

Educate them and raise awareness that if you lie in the middle of the road that theres a fairly high chance you'll be run over?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I don't stop for badgers or crows, why would I stop for an inconspicuous looking white sheet?
    Now if it were a dog or friendly looking kitten....

These people are seriously silly. I'm amazed that anyone could be so reckless. If they want to endanger themselves, go for it on a PlayStation or whatever other online nonsense they find but please don't put others at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,879 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The other side of it is...

There have also been reports of where something is put in the road to make a motorist stop, and when the person gets out to investigate they can have their handbag taken, or mugged etc.

I'd be inclined to not stop (especially if on my own in car at a rural location) as it could be a ruse. Someone doing this will get driven over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement