Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ghosting WTF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Ficheall wrote: »
    Is this a pisstake? Finding little evidence online.. One can but hope..

go back and check the official garda link..........................................

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

bassy wrote: »
    go back and check the official garda link..........................................
    Yeah, I saw that, but can't see any evidence elsewhere. I'm hoping it's more likely someone is taking the piss with the website than people actually doing this.

Yeah, I saw that, but can't see any evidence elsewhere. I'm hoping it's more likely someone is taking the piss with the website than people actually doing this.

reported on daily papers also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

bassy wrote: »
    reported on daily papers also.

On The Star, Sun and Mirror so it must be true. Nothing that the Golden Generation does would surprise me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Cancel culture/tide pod challenge generation. Anyone caught doing this should be prosecuted for endangering the lives of motorists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I heard about this on the radio this morning and though this has to be wind up, but apparently no, some fúcking imbecile has been hospitalised after being hit by a car doing it....who could have possibly foreseen that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Keep that craic up and they will be 'ghosting' for real!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I heard about this on the radio this morning and though this has to be wind up, but apparently no, some fúcking imbecile has been hospitalised after being hit by a car doing it....who could have possibly foreseen that!

She will probably be awarded 100k in court and the poor driver gets the blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Wouldn't surprise me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Let them do it. Let them get long term injuries - see how funny to them it is then. We all do silly shít when young but this takes the biscuit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 40,277 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

GBX wrote: »
    Let them do it. Let them get long term injuries - see how funny to them it is then. We all do silly shít when young but this takes the biscuit.

It isn't just themselves that they hurt. Any driver that hurts them will also be affected.

It isn't just themselves that they hurt. Any driver that hurts them will also be affected.
    A driver could swerve off the road to avoid them and end up being hurt too.
    That's the problem with social media, dumb stunts like this can spread like wildfire because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

That press release immediately reminded me of this bit from Brass Eye

It's a f*cking disgrace

Has there been a thread on Cake in the Current Affairs/IMHO forum yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I thought ghosting was when ya go for a poo and get up and look down the jacks and no sign of a poo

It's when you go for a poo and come back to your date/girlfriend and they are gone, have blocked you on social media and go on like you never existed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Who does the recording?the imbecile hiding under the sheet or some equally intelligent by-standers??

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Who does the recording?the imbecile hiding under the sheet or some equally intelligent by-standers??

some equally intelligent by-standers :mad::mad:

jojofizzio wrote: »
    I reckon the idea is that the driver stops gets out of the car and pulls back the sheet to see a'dead body'.
    The dead body suddenly sits up and shouts Boo! The driver jumps out of their skin. The corpse runs off laughing and the twerp filming from the bushes uploads it to social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I reckon the idea is that the driver stops gets out of the car and pulls back the sheet to see a'dead body'.
    The dead body suddenly sits up and shouts Boo! The driver jumps out of their skin. The corpse runs off laughing and the twerp filming from the bushes uploads it to social media.

I hear ya...so the take-home message is “be very suspicious of any shroud-enveloped corpse-resembling entities lying in the middle of the road.Best drive around them and not disturb their siesta al fresco”::):)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mr Meanor

The Darwin Awards 2020 was looking a bit thin for honourable mentions, good to see some people are helping to rectify that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,871 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I hope everyone who feels the urge to lie on the street under a sheet, does so.

Gets them out of the gene pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

There could be a darwin award in this if someone plays their cards right

scarey stuff is this ghosting lark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,777 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Is this a pisstake? Finding little evidence online.. One can but hope..

the question that arises here is how old are you?

i can only find a daily mail article about some Indian pranktser doing it and getting hit in like 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭boardise

Evolution in action, yet again.
    p

There must be a reverse evolution I hadn't heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Don't intervene. Let Darwin work it's healthy course.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

the question that arises here is how old are you?

i can only find a daily mail article about some Indian pranktser doing it and getting hit in like 2015
    Fair point. I'm not the target demographic. And I don't have/know how to search tiktok or snapchat or whatever.. I'd expected google to yield something though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Note to all thrill seekers i will be driving my tank to work and sorry if i dont see you as all will be left will be squished!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

There could be a darwin award in this if someone plays their cards right

Human speed-bumps. F*cking imbeciles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭greasepalm

They want to avoid catching covid.

Advertisement