Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What else are the British Govt hiding?

Options
  • 14-12-2020 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1338379171907706882

Firstly they won't hold an enquiry into the Finucane murder.
    Secondly they will spend 3 million on an event glorifying the murder of catholics on this Island
    Now this, you'd wonder how some people will defend them when they are just scum, i don't expect any big statement from Micheal or Leo, although the latter would probably give them a medal like he wanted to woth the Tans.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Username makes no sense.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

offhand, I'd say quite a lot. and Im not surpirised. the kind of war they were fighting, a lot of the truth would scare a lot of their cheerleaders and admirers, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,265 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

endacl wrote: »
    Username makes no sense.

:D

User might just like the UDA

or it might say 'you are the winner' in phone speak

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

It's no surprise, it's a rogue state mostly led by criminals for centuries.

FFG are scared of their own shadow, they'll say nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

It seems many people are still fighting the previous war, and RTÉ would like to keep it that way.

"No, Paddy, don't mind about globalism, mass migration and becoming a foreigner in your own country. Keep hating the Brits. They're the real problem. Look at this thing they did in 1972."

It seems many people are still fighting the previous war, and RTÉ would like to keep it that way.

"No, Paddy, don't mind about globalism, mass migration and becoming a foreigner in your own country. Keep hating the Brits. They're the real problem. Look at this thing they did in 1972."

that matters to the family of whoever may have been killed in that thing they did in 1972. the brits spend the 70s and 80s pretending to be whiter than white int he north. they peddled a lot of **** to the public that were lies.

It's past time to put this all behind us and move on. Sure, it matters to the family of those who were killed, but it does the nation no favors.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

would you say that if it was your son, friend, father or brother, think not.

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    would you say that if it was your son, friend, father or brother, think not.

Perhaps he/she would. You wouldn't. Personally, I suspect I would. It's 50 years... It's time this crap was allowed to 'die'. Move on.

But I suspect, like those who harp on endlessly about the IRA, you can't allow the anger/bitterness/hatred to die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Everlong1

What event are they spending 3m on that "glorifies the murder of Catholics on this island" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1338379171907706882

Firstly they won't hold an enquiry into the Finucane murder.
    Secondly they will spend 3 million on an event glorifying the murder of catholics on this Island
    Now this, you'd wonder how some people will defend them when they are just scum, i don't expect any big statement from Micheal or Leo, although the latter would probably give them a medal like he wanted to woth the Tans.

I'd say a lot of things related to the north and loads of things related to Africa and the Iraq war.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭votecounts

Everlong1 wrote: »
    What event are they spending 3m on that "glorifies the murder of Catholics on this island" ?
    I imagine it refers to the centenary of partition next year which is to receive 3m from the British Govt

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

Who's becoming a foreigner in their own country?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

calling out britain on their behaviour tords our country is very much moving on and putting things to bed.
    it's britain who won't move on and put things to bed, as they refuse to face up to what they did and admit to it, nor do they teach it in schools as they should.
    it is actually britain who is keeping all of this going, they could end it tomorrow by openly admitting to the atrocities they have directly and indirectly committed and sanctioned.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

calling out britain on their behaviour tords our country is very much moving on and putting things to bed.
    it's britain who won't move on and put things to bed, as they refuse to face up to what they did and admit to it, nor do they teach it in schools as they should.
    it is actually britain who is keeping all of this going, they could end it tomorrow by openly admitting to the atrocities they have directly and indirectly committed and sanctioned.

A very fair and reasoned point, quite agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

To hear the BA officer chuckle as he recounted assisting the UDA in the bombing was quite disgusting.
    Everything on all sides needs uncovering. Sadly if it doesn't suit government narrative it's unlikely that will ever happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Pure whataboutery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I remember the bombings in 1972 and 1973 in Dublin and how frightening things were, how terrible things were and how sad things were.
    And these events are only a fraction of what went on north of the border.
    So yes these events although ancient history for some, are still current affairs for others.
    Answers for grieving families are required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Perhaps he/she would. You wouldn't. Personally, I suspect I would. It's 50 years... It's time this crap was allowed to 'die'. Move on.

But I suspect, like those who harp on endlessly about the IRA, you can't allow the anger/bitterness/hatred to die.

1972 is not ancient history. It is important not just for the families of victims but for the entire nation that these truths were unearthed, comprehensively investigated, publicised and the perpetrators prosecuted using the full rigours of the law. You do want to live in a country of laws, don't you? It's the bedrock of civilisation.

But I suspect that, like most of the Cruiserite/McDowellite/Dudley-Edwards/Harrisite West Brit tendency, you will bring up all kinds of things against Sinn Fein and other Irish republicans from that period if it suits your agenda. If you don't like Ireland you can always emigrate.

• Advertisement

tdf7187 wrote: »
    1972 is not ancient history.

I never said it was. That was introduced by other people seeking to tug on the heart strings.
    It is important not just for the families of victims but for the entire nation that these truths were unearthed, comprehensively investigated, publicised and the perpetrators prosecuted using the full rigours of the law. You do want to live in a country of laws, don't you? It's the bedrock of civilisation.

Ahh more drama. Suggesting that I don't appreciate our laws, or comprehend their importance.

I'll stick by what I said. It's time to move on, and stop regurgitating crap that leads to hostility.
    But I suspect that, like most of the Cruiserite/McDowellite/Dudley-Edwards/Harrisite West Brit tendency, you will bring up all kinds of things against Sinn Fein and other Irish republicans from that period if it suits your agenda. If you don't like Ireland you can always emigrate.

You're getting all that BS from where? haha. Certainly not from anything I've ever written... :rolleyes: Stop projecting.

And where did I say that I don't like Ireland? Stop pulling crap out of your ass, and deal with what I have written.

I never said it was. That was introduced by other people seeking to tug on the heart strings.

Ahh more drama. Suggesting that I don't appreciate our laws, or comprehend their importance.

I'll stick by what I said. It's time to move on, and stop regurgitating crap that leads to hostility.

You're getting all that BS from where? haha. Certainly not from anything I've ever written... :rolleyes: Stop projecting.

And where did I say that I don't like Ireland? Stop pulling crap out of your ass, and deal with what I have written.

We cannot and should not. People need to know there is a line they shouldn't cross without consequences. People, who judge entities based on what they represent, should know what they represent. Hearing that BA officer laugh off assisting bombers who killed two teenagers was disgusting. No doubt he's living off a nice pension and polishing his medals.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,725 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

They are basically hiding that some of there most venerated citizens- some of which are well- known- engaged in criminal activity. To their defenders there is always a justification for these acts- it was a war- a dirty war- the ends justified the means. A lot of the shady enterprises that went on will be revealed when all the actors involved are six feet under

Bowie wrote: »
    We cannot and should not. People need to know there is a line they shouldn't cross without consequences.

I don't disagree. There should be consequences, and an appropriate reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭political analyst

maccored wrote: »
    offhand, I'd say quite a lot. and Im not surpirised. the kind of war they were fighting, a lot of the truth would scare a lot of their cheerleaders and admirers, imo.

It can't be as bad as the truth of what the CIA did in Latin America - and that didn't scare cheerleaders and admirers of the US!

It can't be as bad as the truth of what the CIA did in Latin America - and that didn't scare cheerleaders and admirers of the US!

I believe the U.S. has it's detractors in Latin America.

It will be interesting to see if the Irish leadership pass comment on their citizenry being murdered with the aid of crown forces.
    Foster was only asking we look into it from our end a few days ago. Also be interesting to see if she speaks on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭buried

They've been hiding plenty. They've been hiding so long their own people have fallen full frontal for it. Next month they are going to destroy their own country in order to rescue the money market of the vatican-esque 'City of London'.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭political analyst

Bowie wrote: »
    I believe the U.S. has it's detractors in Latin America.

It will be interesting to see if the Irish leadership pass comment on their citizenry being murdered with the aid of crown forces.
    Foster was only asking we look into it from our end a few days ago. Also be interesting to see if she speaks on it.

Ah but were they ever supporters of the US to begin with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Everlong1 wrote: »

Formation of NI

• Advertisement

Ah but were they ever supporters of the US to begin with?

I don't really care. Discussing the situation regarding the British Army assisting terrorists in murdering two teenagers and the officer who helped organise it laughing about it.

Advertisement