Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone FTTH is a disaster.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Truckermal wrote: »
    Same setup as last time with router in same place etc etc..

but its a different router with different settings right? you havent done anything just plug it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Cyrus wrote: »
    but its a different router with different settings right? you havent done anything just plug it in?

Apologises different router yes but the KN Engineer set it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/6828439349

VF fobbing me off about line tests etc etc. Amazing I was getting 150 consistently last week...

FFS. Stop using wireless for your speedtests. You cannot do any troubleshooting when you're using wireless. Confirm your connection is working by using a laptop and Ethernet. You may have a wireless issue, we'll get to that once you confirm things are okay at the router with an Ethernet speedtest with wireless disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I have the same problem with Vodafone FTTH. I can get the full 1GBs in the middle of the night (I'm connected wired to the router) but in the evenings the speeds drop to 20 / 30mb/s. I uswd to be on a 300mb Virgin media package and the speeds were consistent all the time. I'll be leaving VF for sure when my contract runs out. While I don't expect to get 1GBs all the time, it's more to do with needing to buy a vpn to ensure my iptv isn't buffering.

FFS. Stop using wireless for your speedtests. You cannot do any troubleshooting when you're using wireless. Confirm your connection is working by using a laptop and Ethernet. You may have a wireless issue, we'll get to that once you confirm things are okay at the router with an Ethernet speedtest with wireless disabled

I already said twice that it's the same!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

I already said twice that it's the same!

If that really is the case nobody here can help you, contact your ISP

If that really is the case nobody here can help you, contact your ISP

I'd be as well off asking my Mother! Only option is trying to go back to Eir!

Thanks for your help though..:)

Long story short cancellation Department phoned me to confirm cancellation, asked the reason I got a bit irate asking her did she read the notes on the Account.

She had no information but I explained everything again and she said oh hold on I will fix this...

Reset Router with the new settings she sent on and bang 300Meg download on my phone, 950 on the PC..

Happy Day's hopefully it lasts..

Long story short cancellation Department phoned me to confirm cancellation, asked the reason I got a bit irate asking her did she read the notes on the Account.

She had no information but I explained everything again and she said oh hold on I will fix this...

Reset Router with the new settings she sent on and bang 300Meg download on my phone, 950 on the PC..

What were the settings ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

The magic of having a competent person working for you eh?
    I'd be sending an email singing her praises if it holds up.

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    What were the settings ?

I can now log onto Vodafone 5 or Vodafone 24 which is 5ghz or 2.4 but before it was only Vodafone 3FFEO, still perfect all evening!

I can now log onto Vodafone 5 or Vodafone 24 which is 5ghz or 2.4 but before it was only Vodafone 3FFEO, still perfect all evening!

Glad you got sorted , as a few suspected it was not an issue with the service rather the set up on the router , only surprise is why your wired speeds were so bad but anyway all’s well that ends well.

Advertisement