Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination? Is it all that bad?

Options
2»

Comments

Is 400 words not one and a half pages?
    Essay?

Thats a haiku

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

1000 word lit review, 1000 words on methodology, before work at 9 tomorrow, every fuc..ing time, and what's worse, I've absolutely no excuses...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭banie01

tinner777 wrote: »
    1000 word lit review, 1000 words on methodology, before work at 9 tomorrow, every fuc..ing time, and what's worse, I've absolutely no excuses...

I was exactly the same.whats worse is....
    I knew the topics in October :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭chrissb8

banie01 wrote: »
    Honestly, and probably arrogantly...
    I think I nailed it.
    Hubris will likely be my downfall, but I submitted a fairly cogent and very defendable essay at 14:50 yesterday.

I've read it over again since, and it hangs together well.
    Might not get me an A, but certainly worthy of a B and if I can keep better than a 3.2 QCA during this **** show?
    I'll be a happy student.

Fair play man. Hope you get that B! I'm sure you will.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

3,000 words ? dead easy since you know most of them already. Just spread them according to the frequency they occur and sprinkle in some nouns.

an,bí,ar,agus,is,ag,le,na,do,go,de,sé,sin,ó,é,seo,cuir,mar,ach,déan,faoi,nó,duine
    tabhair,féin,ní,aon,as,chun,eile,abair,mé,tar,cuid,maith,faigh,sí,ná,bliain,siad,téigh
    nuair,iad,amach,mo,cé,nach,bain,ceann,gach,tú,rud,í,caith,Gaeilge,trí,gan,féidir
    lá,chomh,fear,isteach,fad,áit,beag,am,chuig,Éire,obair,céad,amháin,taobh
    anois,céile,mac,feic,níos,má,teach,ceart,gur,idir,scéal,tír,saol,bith,roimh,féad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

banie01 wrote: »
    Chime in with your own experiences of last minute anything!
    Six days before a Mercantile Law exam when I was doing chartered accountancy I didn't know anything about it. Not the slightest idea what Mercantile Law was.
    Got out the books and got a B+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I wrote a 30000 word thesis in a week. Oh how I hated myself during that week. It was based on actual practical research I had completed over two years, so at least I wasn't having to do much referencing and sourcing of information, but it was torture, and I put my supervisor through a horrible time too having to read it all last minute. I am a horrible procrastinator, and I always swear I will never do it to myself again. But I never learn my lesson. I don't think I ever will, until I fail completely and can't pull it together. I'm sure my day will come.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I've been doing an online course for the past two years. I started the course full of positivity and ready to learn. But I kept everything till the last minute.

I keep saying that each semester I'll be more prepared but it never happens. Had an online CA a few weeks ago, kept meaning to study because even though it's online and you have your notes, you still need to know where to find things. It didn't help that I was doing the CA at break time in work and didn't want to be bringing in my notes into work as well. Do you think I studied for this? Nope. So I relied on the multiple choices that were in the exam and just just picked random answers because I really hadn't a clue. Came out with 80% with that exam so very happy with that.

Had a project due last Friday as well. Started it on Wednesday and fitting it around work was hard.

And I'll never learn to give things plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

A mixture of procrastination and downright laziness has f*cked me right in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I got the 1st results back for the Autumn Semester.
    Not for this particular module but the half assed rush to completion....
    Well it was also the model followed for that one ;)

Got an A!
    It's looking good, fingers crossed for results day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement