Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

She-Hulk - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I have to admit, the Daredevil walk of shame was one of the funniest things i saw on TV...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭kerplun k

One of things the Netflix shows got spot on was the casting. Iron fist aside, almost every casting decision was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

are you a member of Intelligencia by any chance ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Was thinking the same the other day; say what you will about the shows, the casting was absolutely nailed-on. It's not without reason Disney didn't try to recast Matt Murdock. Iron Fist the biggest blemish but then Jessica Henwick as Colleen made up for it. Had there been a season 3 it really should have been about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,285 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think Finn Jones did get better as he went on, and if I remember right he was cast just a few weeks before filming the first season and so didn't have a lot of time for training or working out the character etc. He was especially good in The Defenders where he wasnt the focus but could instead play off the other characters. But he was still definitely the weakest of the Netflix shows/characters/actors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I wasn't too fussed about The Punisher support cast to be honest and while I thought Elodie Yung was perfectly fine as Elecktra, there isn't much uproar about the rumours she's getting recast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

IIRC he has only 3 weeks of fight training for season 1 and damn, but it showed. I agree with the rest, he got better but was always the weakest actor by far. Plus, it's hard to escape the "gap year white guy" nature of the character, no matter how much they tried to make NotTibet a harsh, unforgiving place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the 'smashing' comment about him was great as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well.. that was season one! What a refreshingly new feeling superhero show. Very enjoyable.

9: Ha! KEVIN! 😁

So far I'm only missing the latest Thor film I think but to me this son of Bruce is new.. so that was a surprise.

Looking forward to learning more about that.

Future: Yeah bring on a season two!

After all the rewriting and changes because of the KEVIN.. still her blood was taken I think so.. I'm still expecting new Hulks kinda

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

• Advertisement

Eh no. But I'll assume the answer is that I have yet to find out what it's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Apparently they have ammended the subtitles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well Disney are now just the wokiest wokers who ever woked a woking wokey-woke.....

Yeah. one can just ignore anyone who brings the term "woke" to anythng as it is such a lazy catch-all that they have no understanding of. This show had its issues but being "woke" was not one of them.

Anyway. Onwards. I will not use that word again here on this thread unless it is the correct usage.... The past tense of "wake" :)

That was... Well it was something. I get what they were trying to do but I believe they went a bit overboard.

I did think it was interesting them highlighting flaws that people have had with the MCU over the years: Buildups to rather generic and uninspired climactic battles (The otherwise excellent Black Panther was the biggest victim of this: A very interesting protagonist/antagonist relationship with an interesting and charismatic "bad guy" with a valid beef: Let's rush out some unfinished CGI and unconvincing rhinos). The reliance on man-childs (Man-children?) with daddy issues like Iron-Man, Thor and Loki.

I did love the look she give as she says "And what about the X-Men????!!!"

And I only noticed the baseball cap bill on "KEVIN" in the credit artwork.

But it was just a bit too much in the end. Ironically, especially the very last bit with Bruse Banner. Again, they were having a bit of fun by dropping a potentially huge bombshell in such an understated way but it didn't work for me.

So overall, it was a bit hit-and-miss for me:

• I enjoyed most of the characters. Would liked to have seen a little bit more of her friends. Thought they were pretty funny.
    • I think there is a valid complaint about how many of the male characters are portrayed but it is certainly being blown out of proportion by trolling, fragile neckbeards.
    • I thought they should have brought in Daredevil an episode or two earlier but actually not use him much more. Didn't want a "She-Hulk & The Daredevil" show but maybe just a bit more.
    • However the chemistry between them was great.
    • The effects work were pretty good most of the time. She certainly looked like her character but they weren't perfect. They really need to give these poor animation studios more time to tweak/perfect. (There was one particular scene where she is walking in the last episode which was particularly bad).
    • They should have used Jameela Jamil more and better. I thought she was was used very poorly. I only really know her before from "The Good Place" but would have liked to have seen a bad guy version of that character if you know what I mean.
    • Somebody needs to give Tim Roth more comedy work. I don't want to see an Abomination spin-off or even a "Wong & Emil" show but I thought he was great.
    • Could REALLY have done without the twerking but did think the "I will KILL for you" - "Whoa, bring it back a bit" was funny
    • Wong was great too but enough. Please don't overuse him (They are RIGHT on the edge of over-using him)

So, was it fun? Yeah, pretty throwaway fun. Would I like another season? Sure but just a bit more substance please - Not too serious but a bit more focus. Will I be upset if there is not another season? No. Do I want a movie? No.

Well *shifty eyes* if it's OK I guess with you... then I guess it's OK I guess with me 😁

whatever that means 😁😂

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

I felt that they never really committed to the fourth wall breaking in the previous episodes, it was very slight, and then this ep they went all in?

I'm sure many are aware of the "pitch meeting" comedy series but ... yeah. This one's on point.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,514 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I love the Pitch Meeting series, they absolutely nailed She Hulk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭kerplun k

It’s like she-hulk was made for the sole purpose of setting up the pitch meeting skit.

Would have been funny if the producer guy took a moment to look around the room when screen writer guy said she-hulk walks into the writers room.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

And actually have Maslany step in (he did get Simu Liu (Shang Chi) before).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

still cant get over the budget for a TV show not called Game of Thrones

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The main CGI characters being a bit part of that.

Even for GOT, people joked about the budgetary restrictions. There was CGI wolf, Giant, and dragon, but almost never 2 of them in the same episode. Ghost on in a lot due to that.

Advertisement