Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2021

Options
  • 10-12-2020 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭

KALEIDOSCOPE is BACK on 25 - 27 June 2021!

If anyone isn't planning on going this year I would really appreciate an early bird code if it's on offer this year, I realise there actually might not be early bird this year considering people held onto their tickets from last year.

Will be my not quite here yet 6 months old babies first fest.

Same weekend as Glastonbury so hopefully some nice acts might pop over the water.

Roll on summer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭corm500

Looking for a spare code too please

Seems like the website has crashed. Anyone have any joy getting one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

corm500 wrote: »
    Seems like the website has crashed. Anyone have any joy getting one?

did you just use the website or did you have an early access link/code?

did you just use the website or did you have an early access link/code?

Just the website.

corm500 wrote: »
    Just the website.

Same as. Maybe we are jumping the gun,

I haven't heard of any communications going out about a presale, haven't bought before so not on a ticketmaster loyalty email list, only signed up to their mailing list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

if anyone has a spare code pm me , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Is this cancelled yet? Hardly going ahead in 5 weeks time. No word on their social media accounts.

hoping it's rescheduled for next year. Without Gavin James and Basement Jaxx DJ Set as headliners. Not a huge fan of Divine Comedy but it could be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,952 ✭✭✭Patser

Inevitable really, but postponed again for a year

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1223570/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

really good festival, shame its on backburner again

• Advertisement

Looks to be on and running this year, but worrying that with 7 weeks to go their line up still has Sunday Headliner TBA and their Friday Headliner is a Today FM dj (I like Dec Pierce but for a festival I'd expect something more, even a 'kids' festival

I don't think Dec Pierce is a headliner. It looks like headliners are James Morrison, Feeder and whoever the TBA is.

Maybe, at the moment he is the placeholder on the top line - and the 2020 Kaleidoscope line up was Bassment Jaxx DJ set.

Whole line up seems very thin, considering there should be a Main stage, a large tent and a few smaller venues to fill. I mean, again all due respect, but Dublin Gospel Choir are number 8 on their line up. They are normally the sort of thing that's on at 3pm Saturday or Sunday as crowds are drifting around. King Kong Company were brilliant in the tent last time, but can't see them as main stage act. Line up is still incredibly bare for a festival in 7 weeks, that's being pushed a lot on radio ads

Edit: Also any chance a mod can change thread title to 2022?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Can you buy one day tickets for this? All I can see on the site for sale are 3 day camping tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

They must have read this thread, day tickets now on sale and Divine Comedy added

I see The Pale and Frank and Walters also added, possibly as part of Jerry Fishs Circus (that was brilliant last time)

Maybe this thread has magical powers........... The Prodigy would be a great act to add and a Dad's only club with football on big screens, x boxes and someone at the door denying they ever seen you

Day line ups out now, Saturday looking good and full, Sunday a perfect line up to wind down to but Friday is very empty and Block Rocking Beats is the headline.......again perfect as a disco in the tent but as headline act on a stage? I'm not convinced.

Again I test the Gods of this thread, get Wild Youth or some such energetic band on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭SteM

Adult and kids day tickets the same price, is this the usual situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭gandalfio

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

2 weeks to go. Was looking forward to it 2 years ago. Not so much now. But the kids are a bit older, 9 & 11, they should be able for 1 late night.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Hi , where did you see the day by day lineup?cant find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Any chance you can post the day by day lineup links here?

Im not on Facebook.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Great stuff.

Saturday looks great, but I knew Feeder and King Kong Kompany would overlap - natural enough as both are headliners respectively.

Friday is empty - 10 acts in total, over 3 stages. Fair enough as people may be arriving but you can start arriving Thursday, so what do you do. And still can't get over the fact the headliner is a radio dj probably doing his show live.... it's like beat on the street.

Sunday also empty, 11 acts.... and the likes of the Mariachi band played on the Jerry Fish tent in 2019, went to see them, they were cool and quirky but not main stage act. Same with gospel choir. Organisers have really struggled to get acts for this.

Sunday times now up in Facebook, and solution to low act numbers is that everything closes up around 8pm except a farewell Dj on Main Stage.

I suppose a lot of families will head off as there's school next day, but it's now at 3 day 4 night festival that doesn't start til late Friday and finishes up early Sunday.

• Advertisement

Still though the day ticket for the Saturday I think is a good option? What time can you start arriving on the Saturday does anyone know?

Advertisement