Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy new kit, Victory Chimp?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭G1032

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Chancing my arm but anyone have a 20% discount code for VC that you're not using? Loving the loud & funky Stampen Jersey

Savage. That is absolutely class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

G1032 wrote: »
    Savage. That is absolutely class.
    It's a long shot but there coups easily be someone who bought a jersey but wouldn't buy a 2nd and therefore not use the discount...so what's wrong with asking?
    Anyway I got a 10% discount from their site.

It's a long shot but there coups easily be someone who bought a jersey but wouldn't buy a 2nd and therefore not use the discount...so what's wrong with asking?
    Anyway I got a 10% discount from their site.

Well wear. Def worth the ask for sure. It's not cheap. But class jersey. Tempted myself but got a track top from there at Christmas and sizing was way off. Had to post it back and pay for postage for next size up which was also way off on sizing. Then had to pay again to post that one back. Ended up paying over 25 euro in postage and ended up with nothing and was not very impressed with yer man's attitude on email exchange either. I'd be very slow to buy from him again but I have to say I do like l love the look of a lot of the stuff on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

G1032 wrote: »
    Well wear. Def worth the ask for sure. It's not cheap. But class jersey. Tempted myself but got a track top from there at Christmas and sizing was way off. Had to post it back and pay for postage for next size up which was also way off on sizing. Then had to pay again to post that one back. Ended up paying over 25 euro in postage and ended up with nothing and was not very impressed with yer man's attitude on email exchange either. I'd be very slow to buy from him again but I have to say I do like l love the look of a lot of the stuff on the site

Hmm, that's not encouraging. How was the quality of the gear in-hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

fat bloke wrote: »

Your user name made me laugh. Based on your user name I'd say avoid the L and XL sizes!

I already have 1 short sleeve jersey but am going to get another, claiming that the original one I bought was cheap (Planet X) and sure I'll need a few for the summer when I ride more and sweat a lot.

Not as flash as VC but I really like this one by Donda (never heard of them before either). Annoyed that post is £14.50 but and think I prefer the VC Stampen mark II. They also have some new ones, released today and am taken by this one as well. Don't think my other half would take to kindly to 3 new short sleeve jerseys appearing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

Your user name made me laugh. Based on your user name I'd say avoid the L and XL sizes!

I already have 1 short sleeve jersey but am going to get another, claiming that the original one I bought was cheap (Planet X) and sure I'll need a few for the summer when I ride more and sweat a lot.

Not as flash as VC but I really like this one by Donda (never heard of them before either). Annoyed that post is £14.50 but and think I prefer the VC Stampen mark II. They also have some new ones, released today and am taken by this one as well. Don't think my other half would take to kindly to 3 new short sleeve jerseys appearing....

Be careful of buying from Donda and additional import charges. I dont see any mention of handling the different VAT rates though they ship to europe

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

Ah if you read through the thread on twitter he mellowed and seems ok about it, just a bit puzzled when he complied with the mod instruction not to post further until the 'paperwork' was done and was banned anyway before he could get it done.

Anyway not looking for stuff at the minute but a site that was new to me and one I'll consider next I'm looking.

that sounds exactly like something the mod for cycling forum would do

fat bloke wrote: »

It was top quality in fairness. By that I mean that if you picked up the top without trying it on you'd say it was a quality garment.But a totally wrong fit. First was size small iirc based on sizing chart. Didn't fit across the shoulders. Medium was better across the shoulders, not perfect, a little tight, but the sleeves were far too short. Didn't reach the wrist like...... Bizarre
    He reckoned that he'd sold over 1000 of them at that stage and never had as much as a single complaint re sizing. Sure...........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Jonesy101 wrote: »
    you might think, except forum mods don't have the ability to siteban someone. whatever happened there, it was not a cycling mod.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Jonesy101 wrote: »
    I actually went and looked into it, he was suspended as he claimed to be a rep from a company with no proof. It's a protective measure for posters. He would have got a PM asking him to email hello@boards.ie to verify who he is, ergo there isn't someone impersonating him and ruining the business or landing boards in trouble when the real person shows up and says "WTF is going on here, why are you letting this person unknown claim to be me".
    Literally could have been solved in a minute by him if he emailed but he just left when the posts were deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

So that's two ticks in the "No" column for customer service anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

MojoMaker wrote: »
    So that's two ticks in the "No" column for customer service anyway.

I bought lots of stuff off him, arrived prompty, even coffee beans which went into the hopper 30 minutes ago.

My club gear is Sportful and I take M in tops and L in shorts. Went with that and it worked for the long sleeve jersey and shorts but the short sleeve jersey has a very tight gripper on the sleeve which was uncomfortable. I'm sending it back this afternoon and getting the large.

Packaged nicely with chamois butt'r and the shorts and long sleeve were very comfy on a 2 hr spin last week. Socks, gilet and bobbler all perfect

The missus got me some gear at Xmas so had 20% off everything. I'll report back on the L sizing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I got another long-sleeved t-shirt off them recently, as well as a wallet made out of recycled innner tubes and a mustard-coloured coffee cup.

I've no complaints about their stuff at all.

Advertisement