Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sulky racer crashes into car in Limerick (video)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

few penalty points at the minimum, hopefully off the road for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

Who Won?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

J Madone wrote: »
    Who Won?

Crime and social retardation.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

J Madone wrote: »
    Who Won?
    We're all losers in this mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

When you see instances like that and then you have an article like this....

https://www.thejournal.ie/irish-travellers-discrimination-report-5291030-Dec2020/

Makes you wonder why....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Them fellas shudna been racing in da fog so they shuddin. They'll geet a baten for dat. Come here any one got the price of new pony going? I pay ya back.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Isn't it part of their culture that ordinary working law abiding everyday Irish people treat them like scum ? It is right...

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

endacl wrote: »
    Wonder how they'll figure out who's claiming from who?

There are highly experienced consultants coming down from Longford to advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

What I said last time this came up:
    A law allowing for the immediate confiscation and destruction of both the horses and racing apparatus would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I haven't read any post but ye are all racists and I'm better than all off ye because I'm not racist like ye.

Amn't I great

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

JJayoo wrote: »
    I haven't read any post but ye are all racists and I'm better than all off ye because I'm not racist like ye.

Amn't I great

Have the price of a pony have ye?

But their father and his father before them raced sulkys on main roads while chasing them in luxury SUV's.

Sure the same way some were appropriating those Rhino Horns as they used hunt rhinos with a slash-hook on the savannahs of Rathkeale

Who’s going to stop them? You’re not seriously implying that the police should examine video evidence and follow up with arrests and prosecutions? That would mean having to deal with some potentially unsavoury individuals. Sounds like too much hard work. Oh look, there’s somebody not wearing a mask...

sure why would you bother when you can go after the real criminals - the teenagers sending instagram messages to Ian Wright -

lovely handy case like

no bother

print out from instagram and the court case is a cinch

I'm not going out to any halting site!

This is what happens when we don't provide facilties for lads to safely race sulkies and follow behind with Pajeros.
    94.2% of travellers have been discriminated against, by not having public provided race tracks, to practise their cultural activities

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

https://www.thejournal.ie/irish-travellers-discrimination-report-5291030-Dec2020/

Makes you wonder why....
    Indeed.

The research also found that 46% of people said they would feel “uncomfortable with Roma and Travellers as neighbours”.

The survey of Rights and Living Conditions of Travellers in Ireland found that Travellers in Ireland reported having the lowest rates of employment across Europe, at just 15%.

It also found that one in ten Travellers, including children, report “going to bed hungry” at least once in the last month, rising to a fifth in some countries surveyed.

More than 90% said there is “insufficient and inadequate” accommodation available, including halting sites.

Ireland has the second highest rate of Traveller children participating in early childhood education, at 75%, however, it continues to lag behind that of the general population.

There is a 70% rate of early school leaving among Irish Travellers, compared with 5% for the general population.

Loads of stats there. Funny how they completely ignore the equally skewed stats for Traveller and Roma criminality and antisocial behaviour. As usual it's always somebody else's fault and they're always agentless victims. And who is pulling the kids out of the schools? The teachers? No, the parents. Education is quite simply not seen as a priority within the culture. If it were those stats wouldn't be the way they are. And then there is confusion why the unemployment figures are so high?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

Wibbs wrote: »
    . And then there is confusion why the unemployment figures are so high?

employment entails bank accounts, PAYE, PRSI etc .... that isn't inline with the culture either.

If officially 85% are unemployed - i'd be fairly sure there is more than 15% of the adults in the community getting up in the morning to 'go to work' - what ever that entails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

They must have a right fcuckin laugh at us fools going to work, paying taxes, paying road tax, paying insurance, paying for accommodation, paying for schoolbooks, paying for their culture. Makes me want to vomit. Junkies bastardds.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Makes you wonder why....

thanks for that

I needed a good laugh today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

E mac wrote: »
    Isn't it part of their culture that ordinary working law abiding everyday Irish people treat them like scum ? It is right...

None of us treat them like anything. They do whatever they want wherever they want. Who in their right mind would say anything offensive to a traveller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Indeed.

The research also found that 46% of people said they would feel “uncomfortable with Roma and Travellers as neighbours”.

The survey of Rights and Living Conditions of Travellers in Ireland found that Travellers in Ireland reported having the lowest rates of employment across Europe, at just 15%.

It also found that one in ten Travellers, including children, report “going to bed hungry” at least once in the last month, rising to a fifth in some countries surveyed.....

Im speaking from my own experience and not saying the report is bogus but I legitimately cant think of one time I saw a traveller that didn't look "well fed" to say the least. You can talk about them having bad nutrition alright but Ive never seen one that looked in need of a meal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Nermal

Timing...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/rights-agency-head-calls-for-greater-appreciation-of-traveller-culture-1.4429875

“One dimension which is under-acknowledged outside the Traveller community is the absolutely central significance of the horse for Traveller life and society. That has to be acknowledged in terms of housing policy,” he said

Every cent currently going towards paying for Prof Flaherty's directorship of the 'Fundamental Rights Agency' should be spent on law enforcement.

Indeed.

It also found that one in ten Travellers, including children, report “going to bed hungry” at least once in the last month, rising to a fifth in some countries surveyed.

More than 90% said there is “insufficient and inadequate” accommodation available, including halting sites.

Ireland has the second highest rate of Traveller children participating in early childhood education, at 75%, however, it continues to lag behind that of the general population.

There is a 70% rate of early school leaving among Irish Travellers, compared with 5% for the general population.

Loads of stats there. Funny how they completely ignore the equally skewed stats for Traveller and Roma criminality and antisocial behaviour. As usual it's always somebody else's fault and they're always agentless victims. And who is pulling the kids out of the schools? The teachers? No, the parents. Education is quite simply not seen as a priority within the culture. If it were those stats wouldn't be the way they are. And then there is confusion why the unemployment figures are so high?

Would you ever feck off with your logic and reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Another generic traveller bashing thread. No thanks.

Some of these posts could be copy pasted from the last one.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement