Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sulky racer crashes into car in Limerick (video)

Options
  • 07-12-2020 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭

The indo have the story and video.

How is this sort of craic allowed to go on? I hope that horse gets the vetinary care it needs. Would it be too much to hope that the two goons racing it get prosecuted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Poor Animals. How are they left keep them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm amazed they had time to squeeze in a race before work.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

They should all be put down, and the horses sent to a sanctuary.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

We have to respect the traditions of these poor , discriminated against , minorities .

( P.s Yes , I managed to keep a " straight face " while posting this ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

While this is going to be the usual traveller bash fest and as such I stay out of them I'll make an exception for this - in the end it's got fvck all to do with the cultural lifestyle of the pilot and everything to do with the fact of a hazard being created on the public highway.

As such anyone who behaves in a manner which puts lives at risk should be sanctioned under the laws and legislation of the state to the fullest extent.

The guards were there but will the DPP act?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

While this is going to be the usual traveller bash fest and as such I stay out of them I'll make an exception for this - in the end it's got fvck all to do with the cultural lifestyle of the pilot and everything to do with the fact of a hazard being created on the public highway.

As such anyone who behaves in a manner which puts lives at risk should be sanctioned under the laws and legislation of the state to the fullest extent.

The culture thing largely comes into it because if it was literally anyone else from any other group obstructing a road in such a dangerous fashion the gardai would put a stop to it in short order. This isn't even an isolated occurance, I was almost forced off the road in Clonmel by two of them doing this at the start of the year.

That's not even to talk about the cruelty to the horse in these cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

But their father and his father before them raced sulkys on main roads while chasing them in luxury SUV's.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

What was wrong with the sulky racer?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I wish the government would toughen up and tackle this plague of a grouping once and for all. The whole lot of them and stop the pandering to their victim complexes.

They may start by making them pay taxes and begin the process of turning them into net contributing members of society. CAB should go to town on the Rathkeale gangs. Crime should be heavily punished as a deterrent. All too many of them live a lifestyle of crime that pays.

Zero Tolerance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Jesus, in the thick fog aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    I hope that horse gets the vetinary care it needs.

Nothing that being dumped in someone else's field and left to die won't solve. Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    The indo have the story and video.

How is this sort of craic allowed to go on? I hope that horse gets the vetinary care it needs. Would it be too much to hope that the two goons racing it get prosecuted?

Who’s going to stop them? You’re not seriously implying that the police should examine video evidence and follow up with arrests and prosecutions? That would mean having to deal with some potentially unsavoury individuals. Sounds like too much hard work. Oh look, there’s somebody not wearing a mask...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,607 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Chronic lack of social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

They are a protected minority engaging in an expression of their culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

Terrible instance of this in Kilkenny a few years ago, with a horse getting a death that should be reserved for... ah, well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Who’s going to stop them? You’re not seriously implying that the police should examine video evidence and follow up with arrests and prosecutions? That would mean having to deal with some potentially unsavoury individuals. Sounds like too much hard work. Oh look, there’s somebody not wearing a mask...
    Some of it is that, but having known a few Guards down the years, many of whom got fed up and left, they are just as frustrated with criminality like this as the rest of us. More so because they deal with it all the time.

They well know that if they pull these individuals off the horses and make arrests, 1) they're risking aggression, 2) the bleeding hearts will cry "racism!!" and most of all 3) the Irish revolving door justice system will see these individuals back on the street the same day with at best a slap on their well calloused wrists laughing in the Guard's faces. How many times do we see a scumbag with many previous convictions walking free? Every week?

Look at a couple of weeks ago where a judge granted bail to a convicted on the run from the Romanian authorities most wanted human trafficker of women and kids, when the Guards in the court were telling the "judge" the guy was a clear and obvious flight risk? That guys criminal career was based on hopping borders without detection and the judge granted bail. You couldn't make this level of crazy up. So what chance does a Guard have of making a criminal charge stick on **** like these? Slim to bugger all. All they can really do is show up in the squad car and try and reduce the risk of other innocent motorists crashing into them.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

2 facts.

This is absolutely sickening

Nothing will ever be done about it

Id like to express how I actually feel about traveller's but I'm sure I'd be banned if I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

You couldn't be more wrong.
    The only reason this goes on (and on, and on) is because the people doing it are allowed to do it. And they are allowed to do it because a blind eye is turned to so much of the criminal activity of travellers. If I took over a section of public roadway for sulky racing, road bowling, bare-knuckle boxing etc. I wouldn't be there 5 minutes when I, and anyone else involved, would be arrested. I would then be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. This simply doesn't happen with travellers. There are large groups of travellers blocking roads near me several times a week road bowling and sulky racing. Despite constant calls to the Gardaí by literally dozens of locals, nothing is done.
    Travellers are largely immune to the law, and are only prosecuted if they engage in actual violence, and then only if the victim kicks up enough of a stink. When their case comes to court, they frequently get light or suspended sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,842 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I hope the fcuker that crashed it is badly hurt and has a miserable few months recovery ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Scum,but at least the car it hit appeared to be a pikey's car involved in this cultural event and not a member of the public's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hit their own car, karma's a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

But their father and his father before them raced sulkys on main roads while chasing them in luxury SUV's.

Yup,

Just the same as if we all go back enough generations, we clubbed each other over the heads to kill each other without a second thought, or dragged women into caves to mate with them, at will....

I'm sick to the teeth of the tree huggin, bleedin hearts, liberal left nonsense, that goes on in this county - everyone should have to obey and respect the same laws, end of story.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Be right back

I'm amazed they had time to squeeze in a race before work.

Probably on their way to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Hit their own car, karma's a bitch.

Doesn't matter, you and I paid for it, and we'll pay for the replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Scum,but at least the car it hit appeared to be a pikey's car involved in this cultural event and not a member of the public's.

Wonder how they'll figure out who's claiming from who? Unfortunately the thick fog obscured the 47 people in the car who undoubtedly suffered 5-figure life-changing neck injuries....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wibbs wrote: »
    2) the bleeding hearts will cry "racism!!" and most of all 3) the Irish revolving door justice system will see these individuals back on the street the same day with at best a slap on their well calloused wrists laughing in the Guard's faces.
    Unfortunately the privileged bleeding hearts rarely see the effects of their actions.
    They should be made go out to halting sites every week and convince travellers to stop hurting their animals.
    Let's call it a "defund the Garda" initiative, it'll get them onboard ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

dd973 wrote: »
    What was wrong with the sulky racer?...

Not very good at sulky racing it looked like.

RandRuns wrote: »
    If I took over a section of public roadway for sulky racing, road bowling, bare-knuckle boxing etc. I wouldn't be there 5 minutes when I, and anyone else involved, would be arrested. I would then be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Well, you might be arrested, I wouldn't know, but by fukc the most amount of time you'd probably spend in Portlaoise would be barely long enough to shake hands with your cousins. You'd be in and out with a bollocking session off the desk sergeant and back home for tea and biscuits with your ma in time for the Angelus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ain't culture beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclette

£$%^&* Bustards.

I don't care if they are the landed gentry or an ethnic minority or aliens from Mars. This sort of behaviour is wrong. Totally wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement