Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mask exemptions and the law

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Pretty sure the Op started a very similar thread before, like many from the anti-mask crowd I suspect he’s just an attention seeker who chooses not to wear a mask because he wants to be challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

There is not requirement under the guidelines for the bit in bold.

That bit would keep you happy but loads of dickheads would be demanding something else.

How about just obeying and accepting the guidelines that are in place?

Do you not understand what "should" means?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,530 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

...like wearing a mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I am one of many people exempt from wearing a face covering.

Who gave you this exemption ?

Do you carry paper work around to show shop owners / bus drivers that you cant wear a mask ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I get the feeling from your posting history that you find the above extremely difficult yourself, in all scenarios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Russman

Good advice right there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I don't have to prove anything.

But yes I 100% can not wear a mask and yes I have tried.

Yes. Remember this?
    I genuinely find the sensation unbearable and I have tried.

I wore a mask into a shop a few months ago I ended up leaving the trolly with
    some shopping in one of the aisles and I came out and ripped off the mask.

Many of us hate wearing them but we just have to man up and do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Like the one where you're asked to wear a mask or face covering?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There is not requirement under the guidelines for the bit in bold.

And that's a major oversight with the guidelines imo. If there was such a requirement written into them then you would have nothing to fear from those who seek to "discriminate" against you and you could legitimately go about your business without fear of being fined on public transport, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I bet if it was cold enough out youd suddenly be able to cover your face with a scarf.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

bubblypop wrote: »
    Unfortunately, in some circumstances you kinda do.
    Wearing masks on public transport and certain retail outlets, is mandatory.
    Fines on the spot are being introduced, if you do not wish to get such a fine, then you will have to satisfy a member of An Garda Siochana as to your exemption.

If a business calls the guards on somebody that is legally exempt they better be prepared to open their wallets.

Now by law I do not have to prove anything to the guards but faced with the situation I would.

By the way mandatory does not mean compulsory.

If I was kicked off a train for example and children who are not masked are allowed to stay that is clear discrimination cut and dried and there is not sensible way to argue otherwise.
    The word 'mandatory' is generally used in the sense of 'binding'. On the other hand, the word 'compulsory' is generally used in the sense of 'essential'. This is the main difference between the two words. It is important to note that anything that is mandatory has the quality of binding the doer to the work.

I bet if it was cold enough out youd suddenly be able to cover your face with a scarf.......

Why do you post such ****e?

Why do you post such ****e?

Because people should be called on their bull****.

Thats what this thread is. Nonsense. You could wear a mask but you dont want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭growleaves

If a person feels extreme distress then they don't have to wear one, that's what the guidelines say.

They're only a thumb-suck anyway.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Pretty sure the Op started a very similar thread before, like many from the anti-mask crowd I suspect he’s just an attention seeker who chooses not to wear a mask because he wants to be challenged.

I will not engage with you after this post.

If a business calls the guards on somebody that is legally exempt they better be prepared to open their wallets.

Now by law I do not have to prove anything to the guards but faced with the situation I would.

If I was kicked off a train for example and children who are not masked are allowed to stay that is clear discrimination cut and dried and there is not sensible way to argue otherwise.

I don't know which of your conspiracy theory guru or other grifters is giving you this advice but hey give it a go and let us know how it works out for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Yes. Remember this?

Many of us hate wearing them but we just have to man up and do it.

Oh boy, so in reality he just can't handle a bit of cloth on his face. The poor baby.

Exemption my hole.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Unless you choose to read the HSE guidelines:
    Face coverings are not recommended for children under the age of 13

Are you a child under the age of 13?

growleaves wrote: »

They're only a thumb-suck anyway.

They stop all the bits of spit flying out of your mouth when you do things as simple as talk.

Spitting on people spreads germs.

Mandatory does not mean compulsory? What are you saying?
    It is an offence if you do not wear a mask on public transport and certain retail outlets.
    An offence is something that is against the law, if you have an exemption to such a law then you will need to prove that to the gardai.
    And under which grounds exactly would you due a shop for discrimination?

• Advertisement

Its always the "question everything" crowd that are the first to refuse to engage with people that question them. Weird that.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Oh boy, so in reality he just can't handle a bit of cloth on his face. The poor baby.

Exemption my hole.

This shows what kind of poster you are just trying to bait people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Because I’m 100% correct? Thought so.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The OP is banned from posting in the masks thread for good reason

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement