Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,526 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

First Up wrote: »
    That article just confirms that alcohol will be excluded from loyalty/reward programmes.
    The 4 for €10 and 25% off 6 offers are pretty well permanent. I don't think I ever heard of one day or weekend specials. I certainly never used them.

Permanence is irrelevent.
    They are not allowed under this clause:
    The sale of alcohol products at a reduced price or free of charge on the purchase of another product or service.

Lidl and Supervalu have had 48 hour deals on wine in the past. This legislation is targeted at them.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭go4it

GY A1 wrote: »
    Are bulmers slabs still on offer anywhere

Bulmers stil have the 440ml cans ....
    Best value now seems to be the 20x300ml boxes for 12e from Lidl and likes 2e/L is good value imho

@offtopic : had a strange feeling when took the Bud slab for 15e ( most of the times i bought an 8pack for same money )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

odyssey06 wrote:
    Permanence is irrelevent. They are not allowed under this clause: The sale of alcohol products at a reduced price or free of charge on the purchase of another product or service.

So you think 4 for €10 and 25% off 6 will be banned? I'm not reading it like that but we'll see next month.
    odyssey06 wrote:
    Lidl and Supervalu have had 48 hour deals on wine in the past. This legislation is targeted at them.

Fair enough; I've never noticed 48 promos or booze deals linked to non-booze items.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

go4it wrote: »
    Bulmers stil have the 440ml cans ....
    Best value now seems ti be the 20x300ml boxes for 12e from Lidl and likes 2e/L is good value imho

Tesco were out of boxes of the Bulmers there few days ago just for the heads up. Centra have bottles alright as well. Better off buying two boxes of 12 cans for 30 even if it is slightly expensive as they are full size cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

you2008 wrote: »
    You may missed the 6 for €20.00 at Lidl, all though, not sure they are drinkable :D

I'm actually a fan of the reds in the offer so it's a win win for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭nantony98

Fair play to lidl, 6 bottles of wine and 2 slabs for €50 over the last few days, who needs a liver anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

70cl Jack Daniels for €23 in Dunnes Stores Off Licence, Jetland shopping centre in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Happy Christmas yis shower of alcos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

vicwatson wrote: »
    Happy Christmas yis shower of alcos :)

Would you mind discussing bargains and not discussing people's preferences??;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Oh no, tesco and aldi closed. Ieft if a bit late to get a few slabs. Anyone know where is open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Centra probably best chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Oh no, tesco and aldi closed. Ieft if a bit late to get a few slabs. Anyone know where is open?

Apt name. Try off licences if they're open. Most staff finish early Christmas Eve to have a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Morning all and a Merry Christmas.

Sad on my behalf, but noticed Tesco have Ha'penny Pot Still Gin 70Cl on their web site at €20.

Could be a mistake as I have never seen this below €30

Also Graham Nortons Vino Frizzante Rose 75Cl 3 for €20.
    Tallero Frizzante Spago 75Cl 3 for €20

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Yellow Dog wrote: »

Sad on my behalf, but noticed Tesco have Ha'penny Pot Still Gin 70Cl on their web site at €20.

Don't apologise, I'm having withdrawal symptoms from the lack of usual Christmas day online sale shopping. I might resort to Tesco surfing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bronkobilly

:):)
    TheDriver wrote: »
    Don't apologise, I'm having withdrawal symptoms from the lack of usual Christmas day online sale shopping. I might resort to Tesco surfing too.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Tesco had it for €20 a few years ago too so I doubt it's a mistake. Picked up a few bottles at the time. I remember posting about it in one or other of these threads...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I’ve a very bad headeache n bi cups

• Registered Users Posts: 81,773 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A Stephens Day straightener...

Tesco...
    Moet Champagne 2 for €50 (currently €48 a bottle in SuperValu)
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255245509

IDShot_225x225.jpg

A Stephens Day straightener...

Tesco...
    Moet Champagne 2 for €50 (currently €48 a bottle in SuperValu)
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255245509

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Gone off the website now I think?

M

Gone off the website now I think?

Still there for me on website and Tesco app.

• Advertisement

What time is booze on sale today? I must replenish my can stock

M

What time is booze on sale today? I must replenish my can stock

10.30, in play now ðŸ˜

10.30, in play now ðŸ˜

The deed is done- 1 slab and 2 bottles of moet.
    Tesco definitely have the deal on

Still there for me on website and Tesco app.

Clicked the link but says sorry this product is currently not available for some reason

M

Clicked the link but says sorry this product is currently not available for some reason

Link is working for me on laptop and the phone, I don't have a Tesco online shopping account either.

Strange

Edit. It’s not showing if you are logged into account on app or website, logged out and see it now, cheers AD

More edit :) won’t show up on mobile website but shows up in the app, yet in the app it won’t allow put into basket

Must try it on laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Tesco finest prosecco now 3 for 25€. It was 15 euro per bottle pre-Christmas and even with 25% off was €33.75 for 3. Nice stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

the Ha'penny Pot Rhubarb Still Gin 70cl is 20 quid also. Havent tried it yet but looking forward to trying it

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Strange

Edit. It’s not showing if you are logged into account on app or website, logged out and see it now, cheers AD

More edit :) won’t show up on mobile website but shows up in the app, yet in the app it won’t allow put into basket

Must try it on laptop
    It must be out of stock in the store that services your area for home delivery. Once you're logged in, the website/app shows you stock for that specific store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

U can buy cans of murphys in Dunnes.

Advertisement