Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭benny79

well manager in naas said they have secured stock but they dont know when they will have it and they hadnt had any yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Frank11

Christmas saved.

Picked up in argos Blanchardstown.

Some left but all reserved. I DIDN'T get a reminder text. I just had the email reservation!

kiosk or till?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gayformoleman

lemonkey wrote: »
    Nice. Did your email have a code?

I chanced going to Blanch there, the lady told me my email wasn’t enough? Trying to track this down for fellow boardsie. Desperate gf here 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ckeogh

benny79 wrote: »
    well manager in naas said they have secured stock but they dont know when they will have it and they hadnt had any yesterday.

Was that in store today or did you call them?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

Just got a text from argos that mine is ready to collect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

If your email has no code and you didn't get a text, then you have nothing unfortunately. Thankfully they’ve fixed the error and will stop giving people false hope.

(I’ve over a dozen reservation emails without codes from checking stock)

Sarn wrote: »
    If your email has no code and you didn't get a text, then you have nothing unfortunately. Thankfully they’ve fixed the error and will stop giving people false hope.

(I’ve over a dozen reservation emails without codes from checking stock)

Same here, they’ve taken that feature off Argos now 😔

ckeogh wrote: »
    Was that in store today or did you call them?

In Store was there for 9. I wouldnt really have any faith in curry's only hope now is stores get a 3rd delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheCobra2.0

Registered to say a massive thank you to all in the previous and current thread, Was one of the lucky few to get on the Argos drop and collected the ps5 this morning, The stress of searching and just missing out was immense and lost a lot of hair on top of an already receding hairline :( I hope others in the thread that are continuing there search will find one before xmas and wish to say a massive thank you again !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

I chanced going to Blanch there, the lady told me my email wasn’t enough? Trying to track this down for fellow boardsie. Desperate gf here 😂

Huh, that's weird ... I guess different stores have different processes. I had no issues in Galway, nobody even looked or asked for email or text

All customers coming into the shop were directed to tills if they were paying cash for a reservation, or kiosk if they were paying by card

I just used kiosk with reservation number as if it was any other item

Just because some are asking other people ... I reserved yesterday morning for 5th - 7th and got email and text then with reservation code. Got text this morning saying it was available for collection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Pipmae

mooonpie wrote: »
    Huh, that's weird ... I guess different stores have different processes. I had no issues in Galway, nobody even looked or asked for email or text

All customers coming into the shop were directed to tills if they were paying cash for a reservation, or kiosk if they were paying by card

Just because some are asking other people ... I reserved yesterday morning for 5th - 7th and got email and text then with reservation code. Got text this morning saying it was available for collection
    His email didn't have a reservation number though so it was never reserved. He got one of the dud emails.

mooonpie wrote: »

I was stopped at the door and asked to show my reservation. I’m heading to town so will try there and report back!

I was stopped at the door and asked to show my reservation. I’m heading to town so will try there and report back!

you have no hope if you dont have a code as they'd have nothing to enter in the system especially argos . I have taught of this..lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

YupYup17 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the tesco calls were random or where in order of cancellation ? heard of people who seamed to order after me get a call but still haven't received any calls not feeling to hopeful haha

It could be store dependent and they are sending a certain amount to each one, I got a call yesterday from them and originally ordered approx 9:32am for Galway.

The lad just said he was working his way down a cancellation list, but didn't specify exact criteria. They are due in stock on the 14th though

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Worried that the staff will stop you picking up a PS5 at the door? Reserve something random you never have any intention of picking up, show them that, head in and buy your PS5. I've said it already in another thread, and somebody already said here that staff tried to haggle in the damn shop for their PS5 that I do not trust the staff to not pull a fast one for a PS5.

So if it was me heading to an Argos I'd reserve any old sh*t and show them that reservation.

you have no hope if you dont have a code as they'd have nothing to enter in the system especially argos . I have taught of this..lol...

Thanks, the Argos reservation system gives you false hope! I thought I’d had it 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Yes email reservation

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Folks we made the original post as clear as possible - no asking for reservation codes or swaps, or trying to sell a console. Please don’t ask as we’ll just delete it on sight - have had to delete several today already.

Berty wrote: »
    Worried that the staff will stop you picking up a PS5 at the door? Reserve something random you never have any intention of picking up, show them that, head in and buy your PS5. I've said it already in another thread, and somebody already said here that staff tried to haggle in the damn shop for their PS5 that I do not trust the staff to not pull a fast one for a PS5.

So if it was me heading to an Argos I'd reserve any old sh*t and show them that reservation.

+1 or just go to the machine and pay, bypass staff

Frank11 wrote: »
    kiosk or till?

Kiosk

• Advertisement

Email code yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

For those still waiting on Argos. I was in the initial 1am drop the other night. Text said pick up from 6th to 8th. Got text around 11 this morning saying ready for collection. ( Swords branch). Staff ask if you have a reservation and if you do they direct people to kiosk. If no reservation they direct you to areas with catalogue. Kiosk recognised the reservation number but wouldn’t let me pay. Asked staff member and they said had to be done at till. Staff member warned me to watch myself walking around the mall carrying it!

I could be wrong but I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone with an Argos code getting shafted yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I think if you get the code you are sorted. I've seen a few blank emails saying it was reserved but no code attached which I think happens if it goes out of stock.

Spoke to manager in Smyths he said 100% they wont hav any till after xmas load of b#ll#x scalpers paradise!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Anyone get a call from Argos advising a time to collect and if there are issues it'll be on Sony side not Argos? Not even a store number, seems like a home phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

zep wrote: »
    Anyone get a call from Argos advising a time to collect and if there are issues it'll be on Sony side not Argos? Not even a store number, seems like a home phone number.

No. Best to not share reservation no over the phone in case it's someone who knows u have one and is trying to get it off ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Spoke to manager in Smyths he said 100% they wont hav any till after xmas load of b#ll#x scalpers paradise!

Smiths are selling their stock that arrives week of the 18th which means more stock is arriving to major retailers that week which hasn’t been sold.

I had reservation code. Got the ps5 this morning first thing. The text message only arrived at 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

Just collected mine in Argos. Feel very fortunate / lucky to be honest because. The guy that handed it to me looked shocked that Argos even had them. It made me feel as though i was either the first to collect or maybe i got the only one. When he handed it to me he said "This is the Holy Grail, your so lucky man"

I was parked 10 seconds away so never bothered asking for a bag to conceal it. 2 seconds after i got out the door a group of teenagers are shouting "ps5, ps5" and i started fearing i was going to be beaten up and mugged by a load of kids haha

Luckily i survived and made it home lol

I do believe more will be available before xmas. I think theres alot of them for sale privately and with the demand decreasing as more people get one, the scalpers will be forced to let them go cheaper. They are gonna want to get there money back before xmas otherwise they may have trouble selling them for profit after xmas. You still might pay over the odds but shouldn't be ridiculous figures like currently. Just my own opinion.

Hope everyone gets sorted with one asap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Did you not get one in Argos? You posted that you had spoken with Argos.

Advertisement