Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 locksdown

None in currys cork staff left people in pissing rain only to take great pleasure in telling people there sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

This whole currys thing is based on some lad coming on here and saying his missus/brother worked in a branch and heard rumors.

To be fair, there has been a good bit of success here on the back of rumours. You take the good with the bad unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

locksdown wrote: »
    None in currys cork staff left people in pissing rain only to take great pleasure in telling people there sold out

To be fair, it's not like they suggested that they were going to have them.

"some random lad on boards" is the source of the rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Found under a cabbage

Mahon cork Curry's manager said they had stock yesterday and all sold none till new year
    Totally took my eye off the ball in terms of instore sales doh!

Yeah true, but what did they think people were qeueing for ? Printer cables...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Davrbarrystea

True but they said they did have them yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭del roy

would it over work the staff in these places where there are ques outside there premises to go to doors and shout

ANYONE HERE FOR PLAYSTATION 5, WE HAVE NONE . THANK YOU

Simple really, just to lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

I’m in the queue for currys Waterford and there’s a few people with kids ahead of me, opening at 10am. Not really holding my breath for any miracle here based on previous posts but sure I’ll see what the crack is anyway 😂

locksdown wrote: »
    Yeah true, but what did they think people were qeueing for ? Printer cables...?

I'm sure that they were surprised that people were queuing at all considering that they never suggested for a second that they were getting any ps5s in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Dont understand the hostility, the whoever it was came on said that Currys would have them between 11-12 today also said there was one put aside and paid for for them. If you want a ps5 your going to follow any rumour you can just in case, seems this didnt work out but most of the stock updates from here have been bang on

Always going to be bad amongst the good

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Wish me luck, I'm heading into argos to try collect my reservation ðŸ‘

del roy wrote: »
    would it over work the staff in these places where there are ques outside there premises to go to doors and shout

They most likely didn't even consider that anyone was queuing up for the PS5 considering they are sold out of them.

del roy wrote: »

My thoughts exactly its baltic and was lashing, I'm just bitter cos im frozen...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Did you collect early or was today the date you were given?

I was given the date from 5th to the 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

I missed Harvey Norman but my mate who got one said they did it in a classy way - wish other retailers followed their method

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No chat thread lads, can ye leave it for actual stock updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jsaxons

Just picked up mine from argos Waterford.
    Thank you very much lads, and good luck to those who don't have it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Christmas saved.

Picked up in argos Blanchardstown.

Some left but all reserved. I DIDN'T get a reminder text. I just had the email reservation!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tighere

Currys waterford said they know stock will be coming in, but don't expect it for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SMAK904

Just made this account to let you folks know. I work in Curry's. Stock will be near impossible to get, staff rooms have lists of staff for consoles along with +1's etc. By the time I seen it I would have been about 50th on the list so did not bother.

Orders are due but they are small and throughout the week. No set date nationwide. Once they come in staff take what they want, managers too. Like hyenas on launch day.

Have also heard PowerCity will roll out soon online.

Hope this is of some help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

SMAK904 wrote: »
    Just made this account to let you folks know. I work in Curry's. Stock will be near impossible to get, staff rooms have lists of staff for consoles along with +1's etc. By the time I seen it I would have been about 50th on the list so did not bother.

Orders are due but they are small and throughout the week. No set date nationwide. Once they come in staff take what they want, managers too. Like hyenas on launch day.

Have also heard PowerCity will roll out soon online.

Hope this is of some help.

Poor form but to be expected I suppose. Surely it would be a better policy to only let staff take a certain percentage of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MarkyShan

For people posting about Mahon having stock yesterday, I was in yesterday and asked staff - they told me they didn’t get any. So there a lie there somewhere ðŸ§

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Vicki2314

MarkyShan wrote: »
    For people posting about Mahon having stock yesterday, I was in yesterday and asked staff - they told me they didn’t get any. So there a lie there somewhere ðŸ§

I asked the manager at 9.30 I was near the first into in the queue and he told me that. Just because a different staff member told you something different doesn't mean people are lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Davrbarrystea

Was told this by two separate members of staff was also first into the shop this morning so looks like staff are having people on. More than likely they went to staff and friends of staff

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Vicki2314

I asked the manager at 9.30 I was near the first into in the queue and he told me that.
    Just because a different staff member told you something different doesn't mean people are lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

If the staffs and managers are waiting to get theirs, I don't think we can get honest answer from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KingCarcosa

One of the staff in currys I asked said there was no point trying them, as just him alone said he had five preordered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Sounds like if they had them. The staff are taking them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

One of the staff in currys I asked said there was no point trying them, as just him alone said he had five preordered

I'm all for people working in these shops getting their hands on one before everyone else as a perk of the job bit five is taking the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Christmas saved.

Picked up in argos Blanchardstown.

Some left but all reserved. I DIDN'T get a reminder text. I just had the email reservation!

Nice. Did your email have a code?

Advertisement