Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vaccinehope21

ThePott wrote: »
    Got one pre-ordered.
    Got a notification from the Discord before the Twitter updated so was lucky.

Anyone have any insight into how long the pre-orders have taken in the past?

They call them preorders I think to stop bots but they actually have them in stock . Be dispatched tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Still says expected in stock Feb 2020 for smyths maybe they will drop more during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 9 qeorqe

Just collect my PS5 DISC from Currys, Carrickmines (last week I put my name on the list, today they call me). Console plus controller bundle. €559
    Still a lots of left to collect, maybe is worth to try today afternoon..... maybe some people will not collect preorders?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Recent evidence would suggest that demand is beginning to equal supply and shortages will come to an end?

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Recent evidence would suggest that demand is beginning to equal supply and shortages will come to an end?

That 90 second window this morning doesn't suggest that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭recyclops

Doodah7 wrote: »

Except for those wanting digital :(

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

That 90 second window this morning doesn't suggest that.

Cex Will pay 650e for the PS5 (Disc Version)

That's a 130e to 150e profit (depending on where you buy console) not to mention númerous adverts on facebook going for 700to800e..

So not everyone who is waiting for the drop is in it for the gaming, that would be a factor in them selling out so quick...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I know it's not a stock update but bit of a F up with Gamestop. They didn't put my proper info on it.

Alan Dempsey
    30 Lavender Heights
    Athy
    Co. Kildare
    AEW KS82

But they put

Al D
    Lave Heights
    AEW KS82
    Athy

Not my real address, just to get the point across, UPS lad wandered around all day trying to deliver this thing to randomers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

That's a 130e to 150e profit (depending on where you buy console) not to mention númerous adverts on facebook going for 700to800e..

So not everyone who is waiting for the drop is in it for the gaming, that would be a factor in them selling out so quick...

The amount of PS5's I see pop up the next day on Facebook after a drop pisses me right off. I report them.

This is a major factor and its really telling as CEX have them in stock all the time for and 80% mark up.

the fact you can sit at home and can make 200 quid with minimal fuss considering CEX take it from your house is really crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

recyclops wrote: »
    This is a major factor and its really telling as CEX have them in stock all the time for and 80% mark up.

the fact you can sit at home and can make 200 quid with minimal fuss considering CEX take it from your house is really crazy

When I posted yesterday or the day before about the CEX price there were none in stock. I'd say after the latest currys replenish there's been a subsequent bump in CEX trades.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Muller_magic

Based on this mornings drop im guessing i can stay in bed Saturday....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Curry's Swords taking names and payments currently...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Smyths now says March instead of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭bdmc16

Curry’s Mahon point were taking orders from around 12 today. Disk bundles only

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

Anyone managed to snag one on Smyths this morning? any update on when they might have them ready to be delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

m8051 wrote: »
    Anyone managed to snag one on Smyths this morning? any update on when they might have them ready to be delivered?

My misses did - but no further info received as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I know it's not a stock update but bit of a F up with Gamestop. They didn't put my proper info on it.

But they put

Al D
    Lave Heights
    AEW KS82
    Athy

Not my real address, just to get the point across, UPS lad wandered around all day trying to deliver this thing to randomers.

Same thing happened to my friend Lee Dell. Ended up in some supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

I don't think they (CEX) will collect from your door? As far as I know you can send the PS5 with an Post but max value is 350e anything over that and customer has to pay more.

I could be wrong of course...

sorry thats what I meant they get someone to take it from your door but still the ability to make 200/150 quid like that is still crazy, especially with everything going on as it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

I don't think they (CEX) will collect from your door? As far as I know you can send the PS5 with an Post but max value is 350e anything over that and customer has to pay more.

I could be wrong of course...

CEX do offer it for free (home pickup) as a returns service via anpost, thing is if something happens to the parcel gets lost or whatever you can't do anything as anpost treats it as CEX property not yours so CEX has to investigate it...and yeah that doesn't sit well with me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Terminator wrote: »
    If it's any consolation I ordered mine last week and it still hasn't been dispatched. Smyths this weekend may get it to you quicker than today's batch of Gamestop orders.

Got my tracking email now from GS check your email we might be in the same batch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Except for those wanting digital :(

As previously posted by me and other posters on here. Go with the disc edition if financially feasible. It’ll have a better resale value and doesn’t restrict you to the expensive PS store where in 10 years time it shuts down. It does everything the DE does and you’re getting a cheap 4K/8k Blu-ray player for €99 extra! The DE PS5/Xbox consoles will one day be a paperweight, they’ll be no more useful than a Unison box, the Disc edition will still be a functional PS5 in 2038

Both are feasible and I gave the disc edition I picked up to my bro, this is a secondary console for sony exclusives only really and I game share so it makes no sense to shell out really. Series X will be the main console but sony tend to have one or so games a year I want to play, they also do very good digital sales.

I see why people who want to constantly sell to cex etc to get games as cheap or shop around to save a fiver/ tenner off a game makes sense but its just not for me.

I also think if you sell to Cex to keep gaming cheap you cant really moan when Cex use the same model to horde PS5 and turn a profit on it as well ( thats not aimed at you btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

It does everything the DE does and you’re getting a cheap 4K/8k Blu-ray player for €99 extra!

8K blu-ray isn't a thing yet, even if/when it is the PS5 won't be able to run the discs. The HDMI port technically supports 8K but if this version of the console ever has any significant 8K content I will be shocked.

Saying that, I'd agree the disc version is the only way to go, and it's a pretty good 4K blu-ray player.

I'll probably get the disc version even though most of my PS4 games are digital, I use Psplus and PSNow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Markitron wrote: »
    8K blu-ray isn't a thing yet, even if/when it is the PS5 won't be able to run the discs. The HDMI port technically supports 8K but if this version of the console ever has any significant 8K content I will be shocked.

Saying that, I'd agree the disc version is the only way to go, and it's a pretty good 4K blu-ray player.

Sorry for going off topic.....where is the best place to get the 4K blu-ray discs?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

@ 5star02707 congrats, no sign of mine yet but should.have it by Monday which suits me fine.

My position on Disk v Digital is I prefer the ease of digital and can wait for sales mostly but the must have Day 1 games like GOW2 or RE8 will always be cheaper on disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

madmoe wrote: »
    Sorry for going off topic.....where is the best place to get the 4K blu-ray discs?

Thanks,
    M

Amazon, unfortunately. Zaavi are also decent for sales but may not deliver here anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Spooch

This is the stock update thread. Take chat to the other thread

Advertisement