Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭tucker1971

Sold out now!!
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

muddypuppy wrote: »
    Same here, I started the queue at 3:36 and nothing yet :(
    I'm really thinking it's luck based and not time based, since people have been getting in without problems after joining late.
    It's nonsense, this has happened to me twice now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Was in the queue since half three and the page didn't budge. Fair play to those who got sorted, but dont know how I didn't get in this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Muller_magic

Ah FFS thats some balls up. Back to waiting.
    Smyths on Saturday so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

it's an absolute joke of a system that queuing ****, same last week , 2 weeks in a row queuing for over an hour each time. I'll be going elsewhere for it now, I couldn't give a fcuk if gamestop have them on the shelves to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

ThePott wrote: »
    It's nonsense, this has happened to me twice now :rolleyes:

Whilst I've not been looking for one (already owned since launch). I've been able to get in on these drops every time. I'm not sure what's going on for some people? But I could have scored multiple consoles by now. This is all a good sign of more becoming available, almost weekly now. So keep up the hunt and be ready.

it's an absolute joke of a system that queuing ****, same last week , 2 weeks in a row queuing for over an hour each time. I'll be going elsewhere for it now, I couldn't give a fcuk if ganestop have them on the shelves to buy.

Advice is to use multiple device a pc, phone and tablet one of them will be through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I started queuing at about 4.15 and got in after ten mins. Out of stock by the time I got to the checkout though.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

Seems to be complete pot luck but today my luck was in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

it's an absolute joke of a system that queuing ****, same last week , 2 weeks in a row queuing for over an hour each time. I'll be going elsewhere for it now, I couldn't give a fcuk if gamestop have them on the shelves to buy.

You're angry but don't lie :pac:

God, sorry to hear that guys. I'm determined to just wait until it's easily available. I've a big backlog of last gen games to get through anyway.

bazzz wrote: »
    Whilst I've not been looking for one (already owned since launch). I've been able to get in on these drops every time. I'm not sure what's going on for some people? But I could have scored multiple consoles by now. This is all a good sign of more becoming available, almost weekly now. So keep up the hunt and be ready.
    I don't know, I've joined the queue early both times, not even sure at this stage if it's a legit queue or just a lottery and I've been unlucky.
    5star02707 wrote: »
    Advice is to use multiple device a pc, phone and tablet one of them will be through
    Did this the first time and was concerned that since it was the same IP that would just go off my most recent visit to put me in the queue.

ThePott wrote: »
    I don't know, I've joined the queue early both times, not even sure at this stage if it's a legit queue or just a lottery and I've been unlucky.

Did this the first time and was concerned that since it was the same IP that would just go off my most recent visit to put me in the queue.

If that's the case use your mobile data and a vpn on either pc/laptop or tablet

5star02707 wrote: »
    If that's the case use your mobile data and a vpn on either pc/laptop or tablet
    I did use a VPN the first time and still no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

If it's any consolation I ordered mine last week and it still hasn't been dispatched. Smyths this weekend may get it to you quicker than today's batch of Gamestop orders.

Terminator wrote: »
    If it's any consolation I ordered mine last week and it still hasn't been dispatched. Smyths this weekend may get it to you quicker than today's batch of Gamestop orders.

Same here order is still "confirmed" contacted customer support and got told they're sending out in batches between now and 26 this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

Terminator wrote: »

I was hoping to not have to wake up in hangover yet again at 7:45 to try and get a PS5 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gaming_needs90

I don't think the Gamestop thing is pot luck really. I had two laptops on it, one on a vpn and neither got through. I think they are checking for multiple devices from one IP address, or similar checks and not including those folks. It would make sense that so many phones are getting through (Presuming the phone is on mobile data that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

there is no way a site could sell a ps5 without a queue the server load would be insane i'd say they have 10's of thousands on the site at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

I don't think the Gamestop thing is pot luck really. I had two laptops on it, one on a vpn and neither got through. I think they are checking for multiple devices from one IP address, or similar checks and not including those folks. It would make sense that so many phones are getting through (Presuming the phone is on mobile data that is)

Same IP does not affect it at all. Its all random. You can actually get through on two different browsers on same IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

How long do you reckon it will be before shops will have a permanent supply in stock? e.g. I walk into a game shop and walk out with a ps5 with none of this waiting and queuing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

How long do you reckon it will be before shops will have a permanent supply in stock? e.g. I walk into a game shop and walk out with a ps5 with none of this waiting and queuing?

17th of April, if not then 3rd of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

I got one in GameStop last week. On my phone. Pure luck as I was in the queue. Got logged out as I forgot I was in the queue. Logged back in and bingo.

That was Thursday. Took delivery Saturday.

My luck was in.

Shame is I haven’t had time to even take it out of the box yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jeffaandbud

Smyths now..disc for pre order

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Smyths now..disc for pre order

Fair play, my mate finally got one...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭bdmc16

So much easier than GameStop - no website crashing or delays

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

bdmc16 wrote: »
    So much easier than GameStop - no website crashing or delays

already gone...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Missed again was driving to work ffs

• Advertisement

Got one pre-ordered.
    Got a notification from the Discord before the Twitter updated so was lucky.

Anyone have any insight into how long the pre-orders have taken in the past?

Advertisement