Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let me push that stool in for you: the off-topic thread

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,761 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Wanted a can of cheap lager for cooking with. It's really hard to find a single can of lager in the supermarket, these days. Tesco had none.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Convenience stores are the way to go for this, particularly independent ones. They serve a specific market of connoisseurs who like to buy their Coors one can at a time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Can buy a single can of any of the big macro lagers, a huge variety of Polish/Baltic lagers, and a bundle of Irish options also (Farringtons and 8 Degrees definitely) in my local Centra.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Lidl Excelsior tends to be what I buy if I need a single can of cooking lager.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Still undergoing the renovation from hell in my house; and a habit for both of us (me less so, but anyway) to get distracted and start a side-project while something else is effectively on fire.

But the outcome of the most recent side project is quite beneficial. 3x IKEA Besta 60x20x64 frames mounted on the kitchen wall, glass shelves, smoked glass doors, all installed to take my spirits and glassware.

Each unit can take ~20kg on each shelf officially but you'd be hard pressed to get 20kg of bottles in - 14 700ml ones of perfect shape and size would fit in each. Some 1L, some weird shapes and also things like bitters bottles reduce the total to probably 30 'big' bottles plus a handful of bitters bottles; but that should be enough for anyone. Or at least, it currently leaves me space for about three more....

Glass shelves will take anywhere from four champagne coupes / martini glasses to an absolute pile of Glencairns and branded glassware each.

I have the lighting kit to install but haven't done it yet, cause its not a project in this house unless it remains somehow unfinished. I'll get to it, before the heat death of the universe, I promise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,761 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Thats exactly what I went with. It's one of 2 lagers sold individually in Lidl, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

@L1011 pics?

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Heineken pulling a stroke with the new recycling cans (%), older one on the left same price of course

Advertisement