Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that you're getting old

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Wibbs wrote: »
    They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.” [/I](I love the image of gobbling up dainties. :D )

It's the "cross their legs" :eek: that gets me! One of my clearest memories of my maternal grandad was the way he used to sit with his legs crossed like a DNA double-helix! That Greek fella would have been disgusted. :pac:
    BrianD3 wrote: »
    Being single helps IMO, I've seen a few men develop a much older attitude once they got married and had children, settling into a comfortable yet hectic domestic existence of changing nappies, IKEA, watching soap operas and tut tutting about the youth of today.

Ah, g'way outta that. I'd give anything to have a rake of nappies to change again, or snotty noses to wipe, or tantruming toddlers to lock in the shed ... :rolleyes: The mentally oldest guy I know of my own age has been single forever. I'd say hanging around with young people - the full spectrum from 0 to [self-10 years] - is the best way of staying "young" as you get to see more of the world through their eyes, and changes aren't as much of a shock because chances are you knew they were coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

When you start urinating more and ejaculating less.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I just hurt my shoulder putting on a polo-neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

If I didn't keep em trimmed they would likely be like that tbf.

Barry Humphries aka Dame Edna?

Denis hEALY.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

When you don't understand or
    Know who most of the threads are about on boards...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

When you stop waking up with woodies that could pulverise concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I just hurt my shoulder putting on a polo-neck.

I put my back out wrapping myself in a fluffy, soft bath sheet after a shower.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The thought of going to a nightclub gives me anxiety.

Getting a new bread bin genuinely thrills me.

Doing things I used to mock my parents for when I was a kid; such as compulsively checking plugs are plugged out and doors are locked before going to bed. Sometimes several times.

I genuinely don't care what people think of me anymore. It's none of my business.

....and of course I have a wooden stick saved specifically for stirring paint.

Everything hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Erin Brockovitch was on the TV last night, realesed in the year 2000.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

When you walk across the wood flooring, there are more cracks from your knees and ankles than the floor..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

beauf wrote: »
    What's a DVD...
    You know those round mirrors with the hole in the centre ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk6cYXGUoeRfUjAJi8qzDGSbJeEBhEw7xPNw&usqp=CAU

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

matchthis wrote: »
    And he starts flipping the mirror around at the end to show your bald patch progress

Very true. I tell my lad not to bother showing me. I trust you etc

Hate seeing the bald spot !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

When buying washing up liquid you will always go for fairy liquid or one of the other more expensive brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

matchthis wrote: »
    And he starts flipping the mirror around at the end to show your bald patch progress

The "I only see my bald patch at the barbers" club is a membership I wish I didn't have!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭BrianD3

When buying washing up liquid you will always go for fairy liquid or one of the other more expensive brands.
    I'm the opposite - with age I have become more cynical about paying more for "brands". I mostly just buy own brand goods (incl. washing up liquid) now. Even if I can detect a difference between brand and own brand, I usually conclude that it's not enough to justify paying the extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Just do your own thing and be true to yourself. No one gives a sht anyway. We found our groove by saying this, and it doesn't involve false attendance at anything.

The young ones don't care, and the oldies wish they weren't there most of the time (Weddings, big birthdays and so on).

Each to their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

When you start making your kids a coffee at breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Putting Rennies on the weekly grocery list
    2. Having a weekly grocery list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Goldfinch8 wrote: »
    Putting Rennies on the weekly grocery list
    2. Having a weekly grocery list.

Remembering a time when people went grocery shopping weekly!:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

obi604 wrote: »
    Also feel old cause 25 years ago today - Faithless released ‘Insomnia’

That’s f*cked up and makes me feel very old

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Goodigal

When you emit a groan when you pick something up off the floor. It's inevitable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

When the pubs reopen but you decide to stay in!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

When my 4 kids ðŸ˜â€are looking down at me aged 16-25 just to look at me,time flies actually time goes by so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

When one of the kids phone and say everything is great mam and you get off the phone and your husband says how much? And you say no they are great and then you start thinking something is very very wrong because they didn't ask that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

You read in a book something about the year 2020 and think of it as some time way into the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That 'old people' on the TV when you were growing up, don't actually seem that old in the reruns...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Suckit wrote: »
    That 'old people' on the TV when you were growing up, don't actually seem that old in the reruns...

It's worrying when you start to see shades of yourself in Angela Landsbury in the re runs :pac:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I remember being dragged around furniture shops, garden centres and hardware shops as a child and being bored out of my mind. Now I go to these places by choice and enjoy it on occasion.

My Dad would be glued to the budget every year and work out on the back of an envelope what the tax changes meant for him. I'm glued to it these days...except I use an online tax calculator.

I bought a nose and ear hair trimmer this year :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Took 2 40 kg bags of coal to the bunker tonight am medicating with Jim Beam since back is *****d

Should add to the above 5 years ago I was deadlifting 250kg for fun

Advertisement