Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immortals Fenyx Rising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

60 hours or so and aside from 1 time I had to restart the game to make puzzle markers appear, never a crash. PS5.

The story moves along quick once you get past Hephaistos' area, still plenty to do but you can move the story.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just over 25hrs played and still enjoying it. Taking my time with the various things to do about the map and progressing the story every so often. I thought the dialogue with Ares
    while he's still a chicken
    was pretty funny. The music in the game is also very good, pretty much everything about the game is very good actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Is there any way to buy this on PC as a gift?
    I tried Epic and Ubisoft, but neither have a gift option that I can find, it doesn't seem available in Steam. Was hoping to get it for a Christmas present.

Suckit wrote: »
    Is there any way to buy this on PC as a gift?
    I tried Epic and Ubisoft, but neither have a gift option that I can find, it doesn't seem available in Steam. Was hoping to get it for a Christmas present.

Cdkeys have it for sale for just under €40, you could buy it there and send the person the activation key? Not ideal but that’s the only way I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Cdkeys have it for sale for just under €40, you could buy it there and send the person the activation key? Not ideal but that’s the only way I can think of.
    Thanks, might try that. It seems to be €31 most other places, so I will look for a code. Problem with those other sites, very hard to know which ones to trust if not familiar, but CDKeys well known, so thanks again, just have to decide if I want to spend €40 on him :D

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    Thanks, might try that. It seems to be €31 most other places, so I will look for a code. Problem with those other sites, very hard to know which ones to trust if not familiar, but CDKeys well known, so thanks again, just have to decide if I want to spend €40 on him :D

Just had another thought that would save you a few quid. You could sign up to Ubisoft+ (formerly UPlay+) for 1 month, it's €14.99. That would give you access to Immortals (Assassin's Creed Valhalla and all ther other games on it), just cancel the subscription straight away or don't save any payment methods with the account so you don't get charged further. Then give the login details to the chap getting the present (use a new Gmail account etc if you don't want to use your own actual email).

Of course they won't own the game but access to tons of games for a month is still a decent present imo. :)

Ubisoft+ is how I'm playing the game as I didn't want to spend the 40+ on the game either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,286 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thought I had a game-breaking bug there. Mission where you had to light four chimneys in the forge, except one of the chimneys wasn't there at all. Thought I was going crazy and there was one trick one where you had to do something different. Saving and reloading the game solved the trick.

Penn wrote: »
    Thought I had a game-breaking bug there. Mission where you had to light four chimneys in the forge, except one of the chimneys wasn't there at all. Thought I was going crazy and there was one trick one where you had to do something different. Saving and reloading the game solved the trick.

Just did that section this afternoon but didn’t have that issue thankfully, playing on PC, assuming we’re talking about the same thing. :) The vault you need to do afterwards to get back his essence was a bit of a slog with the wind mechanic.

One thing that’s got a bit tiresome for me actually is the dialog out of Hermes, he’s irritating, so I’m skipping past it soon as I’ve read it. :D

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Just did that section this afternoon but didn’t have that issue thankfully, playing on PC, assuming we’re talking about the same thing. :) The vault you need to do afterwards to get back his essence was a bit of a slog with the wind mechanic.

One thing that’s got a bit tiresome for me actually is the dialog out of Hermes, he’s irritating, so I’m skipping past it soon as I’ve read it. :D

Haven't done that vault yet, still have to do the other two parts to reawaken the forge first.

Some of the vaults have gotten ridiculously easy to cheat with the right skills (especially phosphors clone), but some are difficult and flimsy as hell, especially ones that rely on speed and definitely ones where you're supposed to use Ares Wrath as a platforming mechanic rather than damage. It absolutely sucks.

Yeah, once you max out all the skills and abilities, some of the puzzles are done a lot easier, which is grand imo, because at that stage you don't want to be delayed with an early game mechanic. I enjoyed bypassing a lot of the later ones simply by picking up the giant metal cube that normally you'd only be able to push. There was one or two vaults though that basically require you to have Ares Wrath and Athenas Dash with Laser Immunity. Was one of the few times I nearly ran out of stamina potions!

• Advertisement

Got this as a Christmas gift today. Only spent about 40 minutes at it but first impression is that while it's familiar in many ways it plays far better than the recent AC:Valhalla. AC team need to look at the combat in this, while similar it's so much tighter.

Far sight isn't something I like though, I'd rather the icons appeared when you reveal the map from a view point.

The frost mechanic in the Kings Peak area can get f*cked. The entire game ties everything to stamina and the ability to climb everywhere. And then it takes it away from you. This may be the thing that stops me going for the platinum, might just finish off the story and move on to something else.

Just realised during the loading screens for the vaults you can move Fenyx around as she's flying to catch the blue shards flying at you.

Not feeling some of the late game vaults. There was one where it drained your stamina and you couldn't use your godly powers, only hop on timed platforms and I just found myself asking why. Coming up with creative ways to chain your powers is what makes the vaults fun.

Anyway, nearly there, all gods liberated and heading to king's peak now but the game is about 10 to 15 hours too long. There are too many activities and not enough game. My stamina is fully upgraded, as are my skills and health and yet vaults, ambrosia and open world challenges are still on the map.

You can use the ambrosia, lightning, coins etc to increase stats once you've fully upgraded. So ambrosia can be used to increase damage resistance, lightning to reduce stamina consumption and coins to increase skills damage.

What's the situation with the pne for all Fenix skins? Seems to be the rarest achievement/trophy, I assume you need ot do all of the epic chests for that?

I'm on the fence about this at the minute, I've two gods freed. One thing that annoyed me last night was, going to solve one of the myth puzzles and having to solve 2 other puzzles in order to attempt the main one.

EDIT: One thing I wish I had learned sooner was that you can fast travel to completed vaults on the map.

FFS King's Peak sucks the life out of this game :mad:

Having finished up Ghost of Tsushima and got the Plat in the last couple of days, going for the Plat in this is tedious and frustrating. At least Ghost had the decency to show you all the icons once you liberated an area, not so with Fenyx. I'm intent on getting the Plat before starting the next game, so will hopefully get it done over the next couple few nights.

Having finished up Ghost of Tsushima and got the Plat in the last couple of days, going for the Plat in this is tedious and frustrating. At least Ghost had the decency to show you all the icons once you liberated an area, not so with Fenyx. I'm intent on getting the Plat before starting the next game, so will hopefully get it done over the next couple few nights.

Have a look over on powerpyx site they have decent maps to get you there.

Will do. Last time I was trying I couldn't even find a site with the 10/10 Legendary Monsters, most only had about 6. I'm not too bothered about that though, it's the remaining 15+ mounts I've to find! No exact locations, just general areas and sometimes they don't be roaming when you check. That blue lad from Athenas area took 3 separate attempts to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yurt, that first one will be perfect for end game. Sound!

• Advertisement

So yeah, those links were dead handy, but I've met a bug. The Phosphor of Zeus's Skies is glitched. I've beaten the boss, and I remember beating them ages back, but no skin. Googled and saw someone had a similar issue with one set of wings, but they started NG+ and went straight there and it popped after beating them then. I did just that, got the victory screen, coins of Charon and nothing. It's showing under the Customisation tab though, so definitely a glitch. Now I'm stuck at 49/51 trophies but with everything done...

Seems to be an issue affecting some people. It's reported in the Ubisoft forums, and every post before mine (only 12 replies so far) is having the same issue but they're having it with the automated Phosphor skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just to give a heads up, I checked on the Ubi forums when I posted the trophy issue I had. No update, but lots of other threads with other trophies not popping and no longer available to collect.

Advertisement