Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we bring back House Wife of the year?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,864 ✭✭✭✭anewme

There's a real bang of incel and bitter divorced 40 year old off this thread

It's an opportunity for the misogynists to come out in the open and rant about women/transgender/gay people in the guise of "having a joke.' You can see the ones who are serious in their views as opposed to having a joke at the archiac competition.

What was that saying - half joking, whole in earnest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Ya great idea. it would drive all those blue haired meanies up the wall. The gender bots would push for a transvestite to win aswell it would be a circus.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

One family member working, affording a house and supporting their family in an undistinguished job.

A few decades of technological advancement and correspionding productivity gains...

Now two people working, struggling to afford a house, older and less energetic starting a family.

Progress

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

grassylawn wrote: »
    One family member working, affording a house and supporting their family in an undistinguished job.

A few decades of technological advancement and correspionding productivity gains...

Now two people working, struggling to afford a house, older and less energetic starting a family.

Progress

Working twice the hours for half as much (relatively speaking).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

Pictures of the house wifes

• Advertisement

storker wrote: »
    After several months of working from home, there are times when I wonder if being a househusband would be more rewarding that sitting in an officer for 40 hours a week, and spending another 17 hours commuting.
    Both parents spending 50 hours plus a week out at work (including lunch and commutes) is a stupid thing to be the accepted norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    didnt Mary Robinson effectively once say that houswives were letting the sisterhood down by not entering some sort of 9 to 5 career ?

Wow, that's a quote I'd like to see.
    Have you got it?

COVID wrote: »
    Wow, that's a quote I'd like to see.
    Have you got it?
    Dunno about MR, but it's a common attitude among women.

Dunno about MR, but it's a common attitude among women.

And one that most will regret when life doesn't work out the way they think it will.

Schools should have a homemaker studies class. Teach people how to play their part in facilitating balanced family life.

Then they can have a Homemaker of the Year thing on the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

JayZeus wrote: »
    And one that most will regret when life doesn't work out the way they think it will.

Schools should have a homemaker studies class. Teach people how to play their part in facilitating balanced family life.

The Sisterhood are great because they can get Eva or Rosita in from Brazil to do the housework for ****e money. No feminist equality there

• Advertisement

JayZeus wrote: »

Home economics is still a subject, no?

Home economics is still a subject, no?

Indeed. It should be mandatory for all leaving cert students. All.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Absolutely. The majority of women raise kids are queens of their houses and kitchen take pride in keeping it clean and tidy and pretty and love cooking for their families. And they do this while working outside of the home. We should celebrate and award it

Absolutely. The majority of women raise kids are queens of their houses and kitchen take pride in keeping it clean and tidy and pretty and love cooking for their families. And they do this while working outside of the home. We should celebrate and award it
    I hate inflated praise of groups. It's not nice to present an unrealistic ideal as the norm. Assholes take it as applicable to themselves, regardless of whether it really does. Normal people who buy into it feel inadequate.

I much prefer to spend my time looking after my kid than working in an office. If my wife working was an option I'd prefer that by a mile. But doing all the housework on top of it is too much - much more than a full time job. That's why women were right to break out of that role.

But two people working fulltime isn't a good answer, and it is not fair that a lot of people cant afford to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭fluke

I'm all for it returning as Homeworker of the year - have to keep the Karen's, Roisin's and the Louise's at bay.

fluke wrote: »
    I'm all for it returning as Homeworker of the year - have to keep the Karen's, Roisin's and the Louise's at bay.
    Are Roisin and Louise slang terms like Karen is?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Are Roisin and Louise slang terms like Karen is?

Karen’s are just generally offended and a complainer.
    Louise and Roisin basically just hate heterosexual white men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭fluke

In fairness I'm just reminded of Roisin Ingle, and both Louise O Neill and Mcsharry

Is there an equivalent term for heterosexual men who hate heterosexual men?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Is there an equivalent term for heterosexual men who hate heterosexual men?

A Eoghan also has a thing against words in ‘’Fairy-tail of New York’’.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

KungPao wrote: »
    Probably something similar on Channel 4 already though.

On Channel 4 it would be Hotwife of the Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

storker wrote: »
    After several months of working from home, there are times when I wonder if being a househusband would be more rewarding that sitting in an officer for 40 hours a week, and spending another 17 hours commuting.

Why don’t you ? Or do it part time, best of both worlds then.

It’s nice to be home but if you were home all the time with no independent income it would probably get a bit crap. I moan about my job as much as the next person but I’d never want to be financially dependent on another person.

Advertisement