Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Toy Show 2020 Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

fluke wrote: »
    Last year was Frozen 2

oh yeah. also muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Eventhough it's the Toy show, drink a shot every time Tubs says Covid. P*ssed by 10.30 I bet.
    Will there be a misery slot like last year I wonder?

• Site Banned Posts: 94 ✭✭Kinetica2019

Just wondering how it's gonna work tonight. Is there kids in studio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

So how many Christmas songs will be performed tonight? In recent years it has ranged from 0 to 1 each year. No Xmas songs have made Ryan's favourite moments from past shows either. Since Ryan took over this he has de-Christmased the Toy Show. I still enjoy it, but it could be on any time of year now as there's nothing Christmassy about it anymore. I miss the Gay Byrne days when it was so festive.

Eventhough it's the Toy show, drink a shot every time Tubs says Covid. P*ssed by 10.30 I bet.

Another shot anytime he says it's important to buy Irish.

Yes there will be misery slot and probably a "family member who can't come home surprises mum by being on Skype"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Is it just rte and rte player it can be watched on. Can it be watched on you tube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Its a slobberfest with Rte feeding and advertising this toy show as the next coming of christ. It is a marketing ploy designed to increase ad revenue with as many eyes glued to the idiots lantern. Notice how the opening of shops etc coincides and to be a bolix....coincides with this show.

Ray darsy dressed as a clown would do as good.

Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Kids up and down the country have been patiently waiting on it. And they do every year.

I know its been the talk of my kids school all week.

To say its not for kids is nonsense.

It's never been for kids. If it was, they'd be allowed in the audience. Doesn't mean that kids haven't always watched it. Which is why they've always repeated it on the Sunday afternoon.

What about all the kids dissapointed over the lack of ps5 availability......so sad

Chivito550 wrote: »
    So how many Christmas songs will be performed tonight? In recent years it has ranged from 0 to 1 each year. No Xmas songs have made Ryan's favourite moments from past shows either. Since Ryan took over this he has de-Christmased the Toy Show. I still enjoy it, but it could be on any time of year now as there's nothing Christmassy about it anymore. I miss the Gay Byrne days when it was so festive.

As long as you understand that its ALL about Turbuddy. Hes created that niche for himself. His late late shows to date this year were crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Just wondering how it's gonna work tonight. Is there kids in studio?

Seeing most reputable stage schools have been closed since March because of virus. I dont understand how they could accommodate a group of children dancing or singing together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

I hope he remembers its ALL about the kids. Can't stand the man, but I hope the kids enjoy it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

It's not for the kids. It's for Ryan.

I hope he remembers its ALL about the kids. Can't stand the man, but I hope the kids enjoy it anyway.

You know what it's all about tonight...it's about Tubridy and getting a kid to go viral.

RTE probably already have their tweets scheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If you want to get completely ossified blind manky destroyed, drink a shot every time he says gorgeous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Its a slobberfest with Rte feeding and advertising this toy show as the next coming of christ. It is a marketing ploy designed to increase ad revenue with as many eyes glued to the idiots lantern. Notice how the opening of shops etc coincides and to be a bolix....coincides with this show.

Ray darsy dressed as a clown would do as good.

Enjoy

Ah jaysus hahaha lighten up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

walshb wrote: »
    If you want to get completely ossified blind manky destroyed, drink a shot every time he says gorgeous!

You'd be lying face down in a pool of your own vomit by 9.40

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

Will the theme once again overshadow the toys ? Last year was a shambles, with very few toys visible on the set.

Its amazing how opinions can differ so much, I actually thought last years was one of the most enjoyable ones yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,204 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

ONE HOUR TO GO!

tenor.gif?itemid=5380361

• Advertisement

Bit of redemption needed this evening after Mehole slammed the door shut on traditional pubs. Some cringe factor along the lines of this calamity would be just the tonic:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

I hate how he throws the toys around when he’s done with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Think I'll continúe with Assassins Creed instead of watching this, just met Ragnar's sons, mad bastards.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

Bit of redemption needed this evening after Mehole slammed the door shut on traditional pubs. Some cringe factor along the lines of this calamity would be just the tonic:

When you see that I think you have to say Ryan is certainty much more suited to the show than Pat ever was!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

The annual Ryan Tubridy ego-fest has come around again.

Anyone got the lara croft link?

IT'S COMINGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Will Ryan need pharmaceutical help more or less this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Valresnick wrote:
    I hate how he throws the toys around when he’s done with them.

He does the same with his lady friends you know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

He does the same with his lady friends you know

He is built like a twig, as if he could lift a woman

Advertisement