Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas DEADLINE spells death knell of Covid: Yuletide Liveline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

withless wrote: »
    I deserve to get the vaccine first Joe.

WHOY?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,267 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

People will be registering for all sorts of new illness and unwellness if it jumps them up the q so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

No you don't. My great grandfather fought in 1916. I deserve it more than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Somebody should ring in tomorrow and say this happened. He'd probably believe it:

People will be registering for all sorts of new illness and unwellness if it jumps them up the q so to speak.

I for one hope the real heroes like Tubs and other RTE contractors and staff get priority access to the vaccine just like they got access to tests when there was a shortage of them.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

WHOY?
    Well that will be very interesting to see which card gets played...

I am going to go ahead and say: A teachers mammy will ring in on her OR HIS behalf.

Somebody should ring in tomorrow and say this happened. He'd probably believe it:

Get yer vaccines. Great little stocking filler. Made in Choina.

M

T'day...
    More on lack of allowing a live band at weddings.
    Old people having money taken from them when going to bank...potential gold.
    Should all masses go online for Chrimbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Maybe but unlikely to be on twodayis show:

Couples getting married can't have live music [Clip from Friday]. Can the gubberment not allow bands at weddings. Was a Bord Failte recommendation - none of their business sez Joe. They'll be closed down by 3 p.m.

Older people being mugged outside banks

Christmas religious services - should they be online?

Wash your hands

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Today maybe?

A new nuance. Wedding whingers. Joe making an absolute hames of whatever he is trying to say about this. Clip from last week of a guy who's name he cant pronounce.

2 stories from dublin this morning. Old people getting cash taken from them, no idea what that's about.

Mass at Christmas- middle class areas have no problems getting stewards but others do? De rich areas he must mean as we all know the com unee ah tee spirit in wurking class areas means they self regulate.

By working class I mean welfare class.

• Advertisement

POSSIBLY on twodaze show dat I won't be listening to so to speak:
    • Hopin' and prayin' and dat for a COVID-free wurldid.
    • Niall/neal Leahy de sap and Kelly Ann Kardashian gettin' married and can't have de songs and dat. WHOY?
    • Any damage to be done will be well done by day, by den (dat's what he said)
    • Herr Duffy LOGIC - it's ok to have bands at weddings as if ye have de COVID ye got it earlier in de day so it's grand and dat :rolleyes:
    • Old people have money taken from dem dis morning in Dubalin....don't mention de obvious culprits
    • MASS and ceremonies and dat. Middle class areas have ushers and dat. Wat abour de salt a dee irths?

Thank fock I can't listen twoday so to speak.

T'day...
    More on lack of allowing a live band at weddings.
    Old people having money taken from them when going to bank...potential gold.
    Should all masses go online for Chrimbo.

So. We're all in agreement. We're going to have another Mass. On Zoom.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,979 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

only half heard the promo, but the male bridezilla is to feature again, and some rubbish how middle class areas can have stewards at mass at Chriistmas time, while salt-of-da-earth areas cannot ?!?!?

M

So. We're all in agreement. We're going to have another Mass. On Zoom.

Mass will otherwise need to be an all ticket affair, they might need to have corporate level of seating where you pay €50 for seats with a good view of the altar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Mass will otherwise need to be an all ticket affair, they might need to have corporate level of seating where you pay €50 for seats with a good view of the altar.

Alter boys touting tickets outside the presbytery

Thank fock I can't listen twoday so to speak.

The only takeaway I will be considering

. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Then there will be a ‘slew’ of calls complaining about tickets being bought in bulk by ‘gougers’ and sold at a huge profit on the black market.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Wonder will Cora Staunton describe this as an unsafe environment as well.

My scheduled conf. call @ 2pm is cancelled now. Will I listen in? Text N for YES and Y for NO......

Wonder will Cora Staunton describe this as an unsafe environment as well.

Missed that, what did she say (now)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Old people at de banks will not be skipped over.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Then there will be a ‘slew’ of calls complaining about tickets being bought in bulk by ‘gougers’ and sold at a huge profit on the black market.:eek:

For any newcomers, in Da Land Of De Lahv Lahn a "slew" is any number greater than 0.

For any newcomers, in Da Land Of De Lahv Lahn a "slew" is any number greater than 0.

Sometimes it is necessary to include outgoing calls in order to raise the number above 0.;)

Missed that, what did she say (now)?

She's sticking her oar in about the issue with the players from Galway arriving late to the match yesterday and having no time for warm up. It's been on all the radio all morning. A real human rights issue by all accounts. No doubt people will be taking a knee at future GAA matches in protest.

"This isn't us - keeping our distance, staying away from everyone".

Is this an advertisement on behalf of the RTE staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,863 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What date is the little liveline thing that is always plugged?
    Just need to schedule meetings at that time so I can avoid it....

She's sticking her oar in about the issue with the players from Galway arriving late to the match yesterday and having no time for warm up. It's been on all the radio all morning. A real human rights issue by all accounts. No doubt people will be taking a knee at future GAA matches in protest.

T’would be like the auld days when the players ‘took the knee’ when the archbishop came on the field to throw in the ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Sometimes it is necessary to include outgoing calls in order to raise the number above 0.;)

It's necessary to include them to bring the number up to 0

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Allegd scam from a bus ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,979 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I have missed a good scam !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement