Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas DEADLINE spells death knell of Covid: Yuletide Liveline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Cnut

What did eye do on ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have worked with at least two particularly mad people.
    I have had a few...I think tbh people in ICT can be socially awkward as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Nurses teacher and gardai , and all those other patriots, will have the "lamh" out in the new year looking for increases, once the vaccine is working. We'll be getting back to the dark days under Fianna Fail of benchmarking and public pay out of control

The problem at the moment is that they have the government over a barrel if they choose to go on strike. They will say that they need to strike while the iron is hot per se mar dhea

Check him Suz.. Ann.
    With a hurley plz

Deputy prime minister?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CH3OH

But But But ... us student nurses need the money..

Unfortunately this is what they signed up for...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ok before this unloads. The gov know full well thast if the trainee nurses get this pay ..........then roll up Guards, trainee anyone in the public service. if not they strike. Not saying they dont deserve it. Bigger problem is the roadblocks to registering fully qualified nurses from abroad.

I know what you're saying. But... they are trainees (frontline trainees) in a pandemic, I think they should get paid and check it every couple months until this is all over. As a public section worker (on low wages) I have absolutely no problem with this at all.

Trainees this time last year wouldnt have been paid, but it was part of it, and it wasnt a pandemic.

The Garda etc, wouldn't have a leg to stand on if it was set out this way.

Deputy prime minister...

400k...a....year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Leo is right in this instance. I'm not down with this idolisation of the nurses. Similar is done with fire fighters and guards. These are jobs. There are good workers who go above and beyond in all sectors/industries.

The HSE secretary who is brilliant at scheduling appointments and running clinics is as important as the nurse who works on a ward.

Let's not forget these nurses recently went on strike for more pay - which they got.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

nursing used to be a vocation not a career

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Eh lady,you’d need not lump all healthcare workers in the same bracket....many of them get no pay whatsoever when on placement/training...(and never did)

Im in two minds about the nurses.

I mean, if i was offered training and a job at the end of it but i wouldn't be paid for two years, I'd have to think long and hard about it. But if I agreed to it, i wouldn't be complaining about the lack of pay. Those are the conditions I agreed to.

I remember a caller on liveline a while back who was training as a nurse.

As part oftheir training they need to do work experience, She maintains that she were earning less than minimum wage.

The nurses need to be paid what they are worth. No more and no less. I don;t know what that is but they should.

Health care work...the most dangerous job in Ireland?!?

Nope that would still be farming

Younger listeners...like 80 year's old ?

Joe would want to watch his job. The kids will show him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Child: Joe my daddy thinks yer an overpaid dope

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

'16 or under, or less'

• Registered Users Posts: 38,963 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Are we to be subjected to the scourge of de self-published bukes again?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

gmisk wrote: »
    Yikes that is pretty extreme.
    Definitely try eating bananas honestly.

Acidophilus is fantastic for your stomach in general but you need to take steadily for months

Where do i get acido-Phil... Dat stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,746 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Most people would not make money out of a book says Joe

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Are we to be subjected to the scourge of de self-published bukes again?

Oh jesus no.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭purifol0

Nurses not even in the job yet are threatening they will walk as soon as they're qualified. Why should the tax payer & patients fund their education & training if they're just going to leave for another countries public health service?

Introduce a minimum time to serve in the Irish health service before heading off, otherwise they can go and train privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

When you want a TD on the radio, they won't come on.

Heuston to leinster house in a taxi. Claimed milage no doubt plus the taxi fare plus the train fare

Im in two minds about the nurses.

I mean, if i was offered training and a job at the end of it but i wouldn't be paid for two years, I'd have to think long and hard about it. But if I agreed to it, i wouldn't be complaining about the lack of pay. Those are the conditions I agreed to.
    I know what you mean, to a degree.

My mum was a nurse for a long time (in fairness this was in NI at the height of the troubles) and she worked and studied extremely hard, I know she didn't get paid for all the hours she put in.

You would think they could support student nurses for those two years if they agreed to work for HSE etc for a certain number of years after qualifying etc.

W
    O
    W.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,963 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Might have been a carrier bag full of weed.
    Andy?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

what coulour was the robber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Maybe it was an undercover Garda seizing a cannabis plant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement