Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post gone to shîte

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭scooby77

Good service here in Sligo TBH. Ordered few books and kids games from Amazon Thursdsy night. Delivered by An Post 10am this morning. Were due Monday!
    That's not unusual...shop Amazon alot, cant remember a late delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

Tony H wrote: »
    get onto amazon chat , that was happening to me with a return , at the same time a friend of mine got refunded a few hours after he posted it back , I argued with them on their chat and told them I had done my part , not my fault that their system for returns is slow , had the money the next day ,
    a handy thing to know is that at least in my case refunds to N26 accounts get back in your account a lot faster,

as for an post , all my deliveries are two or three days now from amazon , got two today that were supposed to be delivered on monday ,
    In Cobh at least our postman said most of the backlog is sorted , but most of them are working from 6am six days a week and will be for a while in his opinion ,
    DPD have also sped up , had a few deliveries from overclockers uk and they arrived in 3 days

Quickest refund is if u pay using gift card

I'm usually refunded when the package is scanned at the local po

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

It is what it is,.do not have expectations of prompt delivery on anything at this time of year.... I'd hate to work for An Post, Parcel Motel, DPD etc etc at this time of year..not only are they under pressure at work but also under pressure from the usual whingers online when their VIP(Very Important Parcel) doesn't arrive on time. The Parcel more often than not will arrive,.but in the meantime the usual whingers will have claims in left right and centre,be it with PayPal,Amazon, Private Seller etc etc. Those bloody people annoy me, and put huge pressure on small businesses trying to make a few pound by providing an online service...

Pasteur. wrote: »
    Ryanair delivering 3.1 million passengers is 100 times more complicated

Or Tesco selling 3.1 million Cod Fillets... Neither of which are in any way relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tony H

Quickest refund is if u pay using gift card

I'm usually refunded when the package is scanned at the local po

that would work too , esp with how much im spending online , it would not remain in the card for long :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭quartz1

Posted a small box Parcel last Monday from Cork to Dublin ......still hasn't arrived

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭9db3xj7z41fs5u

I haven’t had any problems in Dublin and I have had a lot of deliveries recently

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Caranica wrote: »
    Meanwhile, my Amazon return that I need the refund from still sits in Portlaoise.

This is standard practice if you got a return label from Amazon. You will only get it tracked to their returns centre in Portlaoise. It may sit there for weeks waiting for a truck full to go back to Amazon. You need to get onto Amazon and tell that you have fulfilled your obligations and you need the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

They never arranged to get those passengers to each of their homes. The comparison doesn't work unless you'll accept An Post dropping all parcels in a distribution centre and we all go rummage through it for our own. RyanAir also couldn't function with ground handling, baggage crews and the DAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Just got two separate emails for my deliveries. The parcel coming from the US that arrived in Ireland on the 19th according to FedEx tracking has now been received by An Post on the 28th and my Vodafone order (just a sim) ordered last weekend has just been checked in in the sorting Centre. Neither are major issues- the Vodafone one would be easy sort if missing but the other one wouldn’t have been. The FedEx one was a birthday present which has come and gone now. I had been concerned as there was no tracking info since entering Ireland but looks like we’ll get there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

pauly58 wrote: »
    Here in West Cork we had an Amazon parcel go missing, yesterday a parcel arrived An Post had put a wrong address label on it, gone to Cavan & been redirected. They should never have closed the Cork sorting office.

An Post don’t put labels on anything... I fail to see how keeping the Cork sorting office would have made any difference here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

An Post don’t put labels on anything... I fail to see how keeping the Cork sorting office would have made any difference here.
    Capacity? The staff in Cork aren't now working in the Dublin sorting office.

Wake me up when it's all over.

I personally have had two Parcels from Amazon go missing.

They were both ordered as part of the same order (but Amazon split the order into four parcels). Two parcels showed on time, two went missing.

First that went missing was about 10 days late, but amazon refunded me immediately once it's status was 'may have gone missing' on their site. When it did show up, the 10 days late, amazon told me to keep the refund, and also keep the products (about €80 worth of stuff).

The second parcel, also part of the same order, also got refunded immediately. about 3 weeks after being marked as possibly missing, I got an email saying it had been delivered to me, and they asked me to post it back to them and included return labels, etc. However, despite it saying it was delivered, it never actually did show up (unless someone stole it from my house or doorstep, but that's extremely unlikely).

But I've had about 15-16 parcels from Amazon arrive since the start of November, and those are the only two issues I faced. And the first issue was a little lottery win as I got to keep the refund and the parcel, so it more than made up for the second one going missing (though as I say, it was refunded immediately anyway, so I had time to buy replacements).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

I think he means that An Post put a label on the parcel. The label says words to the effect of "This item was delayed due to an incorrect postal address".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Service is good here in Roscommon, deliveries have been happening on the weekend for months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mihalk

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    I'm the exact same. Package being delivered by DHL, left Germany (Koln) on the 21st and no sign of it. Was originally coming from America so took a detour through Germany. Luckily it's not urgent though

Yep, mine left Koeln on the 21st too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They are dealing with Christmas week volumes every week, not a shock there are issues.

I had a lengthy wait for a parcel from Germany via Amazon but it got here and it looked a bit like the problem was prior to An Post section of the journey so it may not always be their fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mihalk

Is anyone actually seeing entries being updated in track and trace?

It seems to me that track and trace has just stopped working:
    Incoming PARCELS from Germany are not traceable since leaving Germany.

LETTERS are also affected, I sent a letter by Express Post to Switzerland ("delivery in 3 working days").
    This letter was scanned in post office (D9) on the 24th but since then I've had no new track and trace entries at all...

Based on my experiences over the last few months I'd advise not to send anything you expect to arrive for a "big day". It won't arrive in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Those parcels walked themselves to the correct plane and when it landed organised their own transport to every part of the country.

It must be a nightmare of a job to organise so much, mail has never had such volumes.

Found out yesterday it's free to post to Care homes up to 2kg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Tony H wrote: »
    get onto amazon chat , that was happening to me with a return , at the same time a friend of mine got refunded a few hours after he posted it back , I argued with them on their chat and told them I had done my part , not my fault that their system for returns is slow , had the money the next day ,

Thanks for this. Got it sorted today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

My local post people have been great - including Saturday deliveries.

I'm getting concerned about two AddressPal items though - both delivered in the UK about 2 weeks ago, and not a hint of them since. One is getting a little urgent, the other less so. If I know they're "safe" and just sitting in a warehouse somewhere I'm OK with that, but it's the fact that I have no idea if they've gone missing or not is the problem.

What's the average wait time people have had recently with UK AddressPal items with postoffice pick-up?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thoie wrote: »
    My local post people have been great - including Saturday deliveries.

I'm getting concerned about two AddressPal items though - both delivered in the UK about 2 weeks ago, and not a hint of them since. One is getting a little urgent, the other less so. If I know they're "safe" and just sitting in a warehouse somewhere I'm OK with that, but it's the fact that I have no idea if they've gone missing or not is the problem.

What's the average wait time people have had recently with UK AddressPal items with postoffice pick-up?

AddressPal are down to 2 flights per week out of the UK at the moment apparently, so I would say they have a backlog before it ever hits Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Can't complain here in fairly rural part of Donegal. Ordered from Amazon last Wednesday and Mountain Warehouse on Friday, both delivered by An Post this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Called them again, and while the website still says 4-5 working days for post office collection after an item arrives in the UK hub, they're currently looking at about 8 working days (which isn't unreasonable, given extra demand).

Mine are gone beyond that, but fingers crossed they'll eventually turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wasay911

mihalk wrote: »
    Is anyone actually seeing entries being updated in track and trace?

It seems to me that track and trace has just stopped working:
    Incoming PARCELS from Germany are not traceable since leaving Germany.

LETTERS are also affected, I sent a letter by Express Post to Switzerland ("delivery in 3 working days").
    This letter was scanned in post office (D9) on the 24th but since then I've had no new track and trace entries at all...

Same here, bought a jeans from g-star raw on 29th November. They emailed me with tracking number saying it was shipped on 1st December, an post tracking page has no information about the item see attached pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,928 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

listermint wrote: »
    The expect to deliver 3.1 Million + parcels this week alone.

I think people need to understand the scale of that work.

Some people will never even attempt to understand scales.

It's Christmas time, which puts postal services under enormous pressure anyway. Couple that with a global pandemic and people having to buy their Christmas presents online, because they can't get to normal shops.

It would be a real Christmas miracle if An Post (or any postal service) wasn't experiencing delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Tony EH wrote: »
    Some people will never even attempt to understand scales.

It's Christmas time, which puts postal services under enormous pressure anyway. Couple that with a global pandemic and people having to buy their Christmas presents online, because they can't get to normal shops.

It would be a real Christmas miracle if An Post (or any postal service) wasn't experiencing delays.

Exactly. It would be busy enough anyway at this time of year, never mind with the addition demands being created from Covid. How many of the people here would've otherwise bought locally the goods they've ordered online recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Yourmama

Can't complain here in fairly rural part of Donegal. Ordered from Amazon last Wednesday and Mountain Warehouse on Friday, both delivered by An Post this afternoon.

Here in Dublin Amazon is delivered by couriers at this stage and it's very fast service I have to admit. Fair play to an post too, I see their packed to the roof vans couple of times each day, Sundays included. They really try to stay on top.

• Advertisement
Advertisement