Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide: Greatest Cartoon Ever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

South Park

south-park-season-13-title-screen.jpg

VS

MASK

mask.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Omackeral wrote: »
    Round 2 is the insult round so...
    I have a letter from the teacher I’m allowed :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't like Bojack *Shrugs*

Simpsons has been sh1te for much much longer than it was ever good though

So I can't in good faith vote for it

Bojack

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Akrasia wrote: »
    The simpsons Now is pure muck, but the simpsons was smart and funny up to about season 10 (although was in decline from season 8

If it had stopped at Season 10, it probably would be the Greatest Animated Show of all-time, but its now on Season 34 and has been churning out muck for almost a quarter of a century which dilutes any of the good will it garnered in its early days.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

South Park

Dipped the last two seasons but right at the cutting edge of comedy for years.

How they make the episodes so fast and in line with current world events is quite impressive too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

No contest here, has to be South Park

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

South Park an easy win here. MASK always struck me as a cartoon that took itself too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,411 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Ah man your random draw sucks. 4 of my overall favourites against each other in 2 rounds.

Loved Mask as a kid and it was my nom but loved South Park as a kid and adult

SOUTH PARK it is for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

South Park

• Advertisement

South Park ; its actually managed to stay relevant and still produce quality stuff after all these years unlike The Simpsons and Family Guy.

...and Randy Marsh is a legend!

Never watched Mask but Southpark was incredibly good for a really long time

The woodland critter Christmas was hilarious, preventing the birth of the antichrist by teaching orphan lion Cubs how to give Kyle an abortion after he was impregnated by a group of satanic cute furry animals

So many incredible episodes and the movie was so good that I bought the soundtrack and play it every Christmas during the Christmas dinner

If it had stopped at Season 10, it probably would be the Greatest Animated Show of all-time, but its now on Season 34 and has been churning out muck for almost a quarter of a century which dilutes any of the good will it garnered in its early days.

If you sat to Channel surf down and an early episode of prime simpsons came on the tv you’d still watch it

If you sat to Channel surf down and an early episode of prime simpsons came on the tv you’d still watch it

And still remember every line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I got a great buzz out of the Mask theme song but I'll vote for South Park. Admittedly I wasn't a die hard fan at the time. Probably a mix of being a bit young to fully appreciate the show, & for having no sense of humour at that time. I'll get round to watching it back to back one day though

Firstly, I personally wouldn't

Secondly, its 2020 and I have Sky Q, Netflix, Disney+, and all of the internet at my fingertips, I don't channel surf, I watch whatever I want when I want to watch it, and The Simpsons (even the early episodes) is not high up on my list compared to other animated shows.

South Park advances to Round 3

Biker Mice From Mars

Biker_Mice_From_Mars_2006.jpg

VS

Futurama

Worlds_of_Tomorrow_launch_screen.jpg

Biker Mice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Futurama

• Advertisement

Futurama

Actually prefer this to The Simpsons tbh. Biker Mice was fun but not as good as Futurama imo

• Registered Users Posts: 30,345 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Biker Mice From Mars

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Hmm I'm a bit conflicted here. Loved Biker Mice as a kid but Futurama was excellent. Biker Mice from Mars gets the vote

Futurama.

Easiest vote of the round so far

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

South Park and Futurama

Futurama ; now here's one I would stop and watch if I were hypothetically "channel surfing" -was and is underappreciated

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Always enjoyed a bit of Futurama, so easy vote here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Futurama

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Futurama my nom & its my favourite. So many characters that I liked in that show. Fry, Leela, Bender, Zapp Brannigan, even Amy & Kif together loved the show.
    Hated Zoiberg though

• Advertisement

Biker Mice from Mars.

It was great, loads of action, lazers, puns relating to cheese, motorbikes

It was like a higher speed more violent version of the Turtles and I loved it

Advertisement